Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099300 times)

drvoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #855 on: November 12, 2010, 01:17:37 am »

Started a third one, and almost had this result.  However, this time I fell asleep inside a castle.  I woke up being attacked by bogeymen anyway.

You've got to go sleep in the keep part.  A square building somewhere within the walls.  Outside of that is "outside".  Strange behavior, but you have to be "indoors", not just surrounded by walls.
Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 12, 2010, 01:37:51 am »

So, new update ! Time to delve into the now so very rich adventure mode !

I wake up in my home village and walk around shooting wierd questions at everybody. It seems an outlaw named Desmond Swallowcooks is causing my hometown trouble!
So I walk to where he was last seen, stopping by a castle and hireing a spearman and a crossman, and after three days of travel I finally meet his marauding party venturing through the Slippery Dune.
Seeing the wrestler, swordsman, pikeman, maceman and crossbowman he has gathered around him I wonder whether I, a meager Peasant from Ligirsan, will be able to bring an end to him - nonetheless, with a warcry on our lips we storm right at them. My fellow spearman is quickly brought to the ground and four of the enemies stab, slash and pummel him mercilessly until he finally expires. My efforts to save him have cost to of the attackers their lives and the other two fall just as quickly.
So I finally face the evil menace, Swallowcooks himself! I throw myself at him, grab his upper body with my right arm and begin slashing him to pieces. After cutting off both his hands, leaving him defenseless, I amputate his right foot and he bleeds to death. Victory is mine!

I thought you were talking about fighting a guy called Swallowcocks.

It was hilarious.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

RagNoRock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 12, 2010, 02:34:56 am »

Lost in underground cavern while on quest to kill a dragon in the underground cavern....

Forced to quit and give in to starvation as I cant get out of the cave and the game just got to absolutly no fun :(

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 12, 2010, 10:13:56 am »

I've just spent around 3 hours beating yeti's to death with a wooden sword, since I was skilled in the use of shields... I never even got touched, not once!
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 12, 2010, 10:36:35 am »

My current adventurer, Evhol Umillegu, has survived FAR longer than I expected! :D
First, she was sent to kill some bandits... I thought she'd die there, like many of my other characters, but no!
She made a fighting retreat, pummeling the bandit leader's thugs with deer tripe...
And then lead them, battered as they were, into a group of wolves.
After killing a couple of them while they were distracted, she wandered back to find the leader, grieviously injured, running like a scared little... Well, scared thing.
So she chased him down and hacked him to bits, then finished off his last soldier.
After that she decided to relax by wandering the frozen wastelands to the north of my current world, fighting kobolds, a cougar and a troll with a measly bit of help from a peasant or two.
Now she's back in town... Time to hunt some elf she's heard gossip about...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 12, 2010, 10:42:51 am »

the first thing I said when seeing the Travel screen.

"dang this game became Oblivion!?"
then proceeded to continued to struggle with a bronze Colossus starting with no skills.
really hope the Companion screen had a little bit more to it than checking Stats.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

slyeye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 12, 2010, 10:52:54 am »

In adventure mode I needed a place to sleep for the night and went to a castle only to find it abandoned save for a lone chimpanzee. I went over to attack him and oddly it asked if I REALLY meant to attack him, a question usually reserved for friendlies. So I did and killed him quite easily. As soon as it was dead though, two lions and a warthog appeared, all charging through the gate at me. I killed them off after a fierce struggle and proceeded to sleep for the night. Boogeymans then murdered me despite being safely within the walls.

Lesson learned: Never kill a monkey king.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 12, 2010, 11:03:21 am »

I just killed my first night creature by epicly throwing a bronze axe toward it. I've decided to immediately rest in his lair for 8hrs, because of some silly flashing sign "Mortal wound!"

After the sleep I go outside to pick up my axe and loot the night creature but both of them have vanished!
What to do? I am not amused :(

EDIT: nvm, a tiger just ripped me apart
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:12:25 am by dorf »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 12, 2010, 11:11:14 am »

I just encountered a castle made completely out of pitchblende.

I hope this kingdom has free healthcare.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #864 on: November 12, 2010, 11:15:05 am »

My merry band of monster murderers is marauding across the map mutilating man-eating malevolent malcontents for many manor-bound monarchs.

Or to put it less alliteratively, I've been slaying everything under the sun for the lords and ladies of the world.  Everyone I talk to has been utterly dumbstruck by my presence in their home for some time now.  We've killed 3 hydras, 2 dragons, 2 titans, and a ton of bandits and lesser terrors.
Sanity is for the weak.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 12, 2010, 11:27:58 am »

I made a boogeymen hunter char (profession) then slaughtered 12 boogeymen so far, boogeymen are easy to kill if you're fast enough you can pick on em one by one, their lower body seems to be the major weakness spot you can hit often one-hit killing them if they don't dodge, otherwise i just chop their bodyparts one by one the fights can take awhile but i end up killing all boogeys in vicinity then i can travel or sleep

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 12, 2010, 01:47:17 pm »

I saw my first temple. It was full of corpses and a single BC.

I legged it.
Everybody!

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 12, 2010, 01:54:50 pm »

Dastot Silverthunders has been rather busy lately. He was tasked with killing a moon man consort right off the bat and went straight to its cave. During the fierce battle that ensued his silver spear got stuck in the creature, and he had to wrestle with it until it was too exhausted to continue and he was able to collect his spear, then finish it off after several minutes of it rolling away and resisting.
He then travelled the surrounding towns, and was again tasked with slaying a night creature, this time a dusk horror consort. Due to his previous fight teaching him quite a few tricks for fighting such things, he managed to perforate it much more quickly.
En route to the king of the land in search for greater glory, he stumbled upon a particularly adventurous clothier in one of the human towns and allowed him to be his companion.
After getting to the castle and talking to the king, he was sent to quest further and gathered three warriors from the castle to his side - an axeman, a hammerman and a lasher.
After a long, long trek to the edge of the kingdom the party reached the cave at second day's sunset. The night creature they were sent to kill didn't stand a chance against the fierce adventurers. The clothier truly proved himself that night, for he was the fiercest, the most daring of the combatants, stabbing the monster with the knife he brought along as his only weapon and kicking it incessantly, outdoing the trained warriors at his side. Their combined might brought it down very quickly, and after looting the cave and resting until dawn, and a stray vulture being taught a lesson about the outcome of attacking a sleeping lasher, they began their journey back.
They were forced to sleep under open sky, but remained undisturbed, however, on the second day they were ambushed by a foolhardy party of kobolds. That was easily the quickest battle, faster even than the chopping-up of the night creature before.
Upon returning, Dastot and his companions were yet again sent to relieve the land from another night creature's presence - apparently it had claimed the domain of the monster they killed two days ago. And yet again they were ambushed by kobolds on their way there.
The battle, or shall we say, the mop-up was proceeding quite smoothly, with the swordsmen that jumped from the cover of the trees behind smashed and chopped to bits by the axeman and the hammerman, the lasher dueling with a kobold lasher and trouncing him in that, and the clothier cutting up a wrestler and a swordsman frenziedly with his knife, aided by Dastot who took on the surplus swordsman and pierced it several times. At the same time a kobold archer revealed himself by seriously wounding the almost victorious lasher, sending her into throes of agony; he didn't live long enough to feel any wretched glee, as the rest of the party descended upon him in rage and wrecked him beyound any recognition, piercing his heart, spine and lungs and bashing his skull in. The poor lasher removed the arrows from her wounds and the party stopped to try and aid her, but to no avail - she passed away the following night. Burying her, the party grimly continued their journey - they still had a monster to kill.
The cave was not far away. Shortly after breaking into the hatch-equipped shaft, the adventurers were faced with a dusk horror. Dastot was the first to strike and, helped by a fierce flanking attack by the courageous clothier and after distracting it by damaging one of its tails, pierced its head, tearing its brain apart, leaving it to hang limply on the bloodied weapon.
On their way back the party was harassed by giant wild cats, namely lions and cheetahs. The lion managed to bite the axeman before she chopped him down. Then, the local kobolds sprung another ambush on the party, but unfortunately forgot the elephants' dislike of rodent-like things and leapt right under the feet of a small herd of them, causing them to lose control over themselves in panic and attack everything in sight before thundering away. The clothier and the axeman were wounded, the axeman by a bowman he was charging, the clothier by first a skilled, steel spear-armed kobold, then by a rampaging elephant that just struck down one of the kobolds, which he decided would make a nice trophy on his wall. It broke his arm and followed its herd. However, the aid administered to them proved enough to heal their wounds, enough for them to travel undistracted that is.
The adventurers made it to the village they set out from on the next morning.
After resting for a night, they continued to the king, whose helpers then sent them to the very edge of the kingdom, or possibly even beyound, in order to secure a trade route and remove a night creature from the area that was threatening it. They managed to enlist the aid of a swordsman from the castle guard, as well as a lasher's in a keep watching over the borders of the fertile river valleys in which most of the kingdom's population was situated. After two days spent travelling, they left the rolling dry grasslands and entered a thick forest in which the monster made its lair.
Said lair was a hill of black stone and sand with a door in its side. Dastot bashed it open and, even before the creature finished shouting its threats, charged towards it and impaled its forehead on his spear. The look of surprise forever stayed in its black eyes.
After the lengthy trip back, the party decided to explore the woods they entered to slay the night monster. It took them weeks to fully explore them, as they stretched all the way to the southern coast of the land, which was much further away than in the Land of Towns. The wildlife was much more fierce there as well - the party suffered constant attacks from tigers, lions, jaguars and cheetahs; one of the swordsmen they took in on their last visit to the castle lost his right arm and another, his finger. Furthermore, in one of the lions' attacks in a dry grassy part of the peninsula, a swordsman got thrown down a dried-up pond by the lions, and Dastot leapt in to save him. Unfortunately, the lions took advantage of him being incapacitated temporarily by the fall and damaged his leg, rendering him unable to stand or walk. With the help of his companions, he could still move around and even fend off the lions with his now-legendary spear, but he knew that his adventuring days were over that instant. After they finished mapping the forest, the party made their way back to the kingdom.
Dastot Silverthunders the Awe-inspiring Rampage of Ages decided to settle down in a small town called Stabchampions.

Fin.

---
Seriously, this clothier is freakin' Belkar. Just not in halfling form. Wears only cloth and random bits of leather, wields a knife and is the second most efficient companion after the hammerman (who manages to get her blows to connect almost every turn and loves bashing heads in unexpectedly). And he didn't get as much as a scratch in all those battles. He's just plain awesome.

Edit: His Belkariness just got reinforced by him trying to net himself an elephant after a herd of them helped me out in bringing down an ambush. The elephant got him good, but he recovered. He's just killing everything in sight save for his party members...

Edit: Meh, a freak lion accident shot down the rising star adventurer. At least he got to legendary in some skills and became darn famous in the civ.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:00:58 pm by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 12, 2010, 02:00:16 pm »

Bought some equipment from a town store selling my unnecessary mithril shield (I started with a two handed sword) and somehow became an enemy of the civ doing it.  So I decided to go with it.  I grabbed a couple backpacks and started loading up on stuff. 

I looted the general store, armor shop and crafts shop before going back to the shop that I sold my shield to finding the individual I sold it to and decapitated his ass for slander.

Naturally It suddenly turned into a dogpile on the adventurer situation.  I cut my way back out of the shop (guy had alot of employees) seriously wounding 5 and killing 3 more and fled into the wilderness alone.  Unfortunately it's almost sunset, and I'm alone.

Lets see how this goes... At least I'm well armed.

EDIT: Yea that ended about as expected.   Swarmed by bogeymen.  Took 3 out in a whirling dervish of blades before going down though.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:09:35 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 12, 2010, 02:46:06 pm »

My Human Hero, one Miss Necrowings is pretty dang amazing. She runs solo. Her stealth and wrestling (and associated attributes) are now good enough to walk right up behind bandits and steal their weapons before being noticed.

Unsatisfied for her substandard bandit-gear, she looted a Hydra's Den for money, bought a full kit of gear with the profits, and came back and pumped it full of crossbow bolts. That's right, she looted the den while the Hydra was in it. Human meat can actually turn a surprising profit.

Her only injury is from a monkey she fought during her first day. It tore off her pinky's fingernail.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:50:04 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 1104