Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099719 times)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #645 on: September 18, 2010, 07:44:54 am »

Running through the multiple and surprisingly peaceful dark fortresses. I'm looking for demon prisoners, but I've had no luck as of yet.

Although I still found a (squirrel demon) prisoner in one of them, all of the dark fortresses in my current world are like that too and there may be as many as three in one town. I have yet to see a single goblin in any of them.

Been encountering Harpies a lot lately...tried something while sneaking behind one distracted by my partner:

Yup...my adventurer jumped after it & in 3 moves defeated it.

Tried it on different creatures as well & found it quite effective as simple as it is. Guess I've found a rather efficient way to take out multiple foes 99% of the time in only a few turns as long as I'm are fast enough (CQC baby!)...my adventurer was a Kobold with legendary stats sure, but he was a tiny twerp compared to most.

I can usually take stuff out quickly by throwing a spear at them (which may kill instantly) and just popping their head off once they're passed out from the pain. I can alternately make them pass out by choking.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 18, 2010, 08:39:49 am »

One shot takes down a skeletal dragon. It wasn't even my shot, I was moving to flank in case it could still use breath weapons, and my marksman companion took it down. Of course no one gets kill cred, because skeletons just 'collapse'.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 18, 2010, 05:49:44 pm »

You know that squirrel demon prisoner I mention a while ago? Well, according to the legend he was the administrator of the dark fortress and gives no explanation as to why he was consider a prisoner; his record just went straight from becoming to administrator to "escaping" about 200 years later.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 18, 2010, 07:17:21 pm »

I started off with a weak character -- both my companions had a higher kill count and more notable kills than me, before Colossus killed them, anyway. I scrambled down the cave's passage to see if I could lose him in the water, and just where one side opened to a pit he charged me. I managed to dodge to a safe square, he went over and shattered to pieces.

He left a nice statue of a silvery gibbon, or so it says. I've never actually seen one.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 18, 2010, 07:30:27 pm »

He left a nice statue of a silvery gibbon, or so it says. I've never actually seen one.
A statue? Or a gibbon?
If gibbon:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvery_gibbon
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 18, 2010, 08:50:48 pm »

A gibbon. My character has never seen one in the game, so he wouldn't know what he was looking at if it weren't for the text.

In fact, none of them have. They must've slipped through world-gen.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 20, 2010, 02:22:57 am »

Badger-fiend, ruling a human civilization, sent me to kill skink-fiend, ruling a goblin civilization. This is the first time I've seen a civilization without a site-home; according to sites and pops report, no one lived there, but when I got there I found an entire population acting like migrants ("Ask me when I get home!") including their war leader and the skink-fiend law-giver.

Apparently these fiends didn't much like each other in hell either, because within 10 years of escaping, they were both at war. Badger-fiend ran them all out of their only city, and they'd been hiding in the hills over 1000 years, raiding the city enough that badger-fiend couldn't completely claim it, even though he started building human homes and shops there.

I think I wiped out the only truly goblin civilization left in this world, but there are probably some left in the region, since the place still didn't revert to ruin. Oh well, job done.

EDIT: In all, the wars in this world have been pretty lame, at least on this continent. An elvish queen sent me after a general, but when I got to the fortress, he was the only one there. The civilization didn't even have another. He had a kill count comparable to the megabeasts, but still, it's just one goblin. I didn't even get the kill; my companion stabbed him in the head while he was busy shooting at me (and why does he get to home right the fuck in on him while I'm staggering in the dark, not even a direction indicator for all my badass spatial-kinesthetic sense?)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:13:35 am by Dok Enkephalin »

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 23, 2010, 07:37:43 pm »

Ok, so I just recruited two elf children. One seems to be a badass dodger, and the other now has an extremely awesome scar but a messed up toe.

Edit: Never mind, we got ambushed by around nine wolves, another named one, and two polar bears. They both died.

Edit2: On my way out of the tundra in which I was ambushed, I got ambushed by yetis. No problem. More yetis? Pffft.  Again with the yetis? Easy. Wolves? MOTHER FUCKING MARTIAL TRANCE.

Edit3: Killed two cougars, now I'm fighting a Nightwing. This is kind of scary sounding. Run y/n?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:05:01 pm by Confused111 »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 23, 2010, 08:47:44 pm »

Nah, you're good. They're like weak vampires.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 23, 2010, 10:09:11 pm »

My engraver carved 18 images of my adventurer triumphantly climbing a mountain, all in one 4x6 hallway. Over 800 named kills and that's what he fixated on? At least one was a masterpiece.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 27, 2010, 09:41:47 am »

Whilst I  was trying to figure out how to heal m'self, (Fast travel didn't take) I roamed about the wilderness.

I killed 3 wolf packs, a bear, and set fire to all the trees near a Sasquatch (That'll learn em!).

I ran into two lions. I thought I was done for due to my wounds, but I cut the legs off one so it crawled away, throwing up and passing out leaving a trail of blood.

I would've given chase, but I realised I was missing an ear, and so killed myself.
Everybody!

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 27, 2010, 06:09:28 pm »

You know that squirrel demon prisoner I mention a while ago? Well, according to the legend he was the administrator of the dark fortress and gives no explanation as to why he was consider a prisoner; his record just went straight from becoming to administrator to "escaping" about 200 years later.

I'm guessing his home got conquered by another civilization.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 28, 2010, 07:56:35 pm »

OK, I'm trying to get into a Mountain Hall and even though I've gone around the entire building I can't find the fucking entrance!

Where is it? Is it underground?

Why is it that most of the wall is sandstone, but some of it it stuff like jet, cobalt, saltpeter, or even gold?

EDIT: I genuinely don't know, in the version with shops are mountain halls and forest retreats suppose to have shop or any other place to buy things?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:32:50 pm by Knigel »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 29, 2010, 03:21:47 am »

OK, I'm trying to get into a Mountain Hall and even though I've gone around the entire building I can't find the fucking entrance!

Where is it? Is it underground?

Why is it that most of the wall is sandstone, but some of it it stuff like jet, cobalt, saltpeter, or even gold?

EDIT: I genuinely don't know, in the version with shops are mountain halls and forest retreats suppose to have shop or any other place to buy things?

Haha, first time playing Adventure mode?

Forest retreats and mountain halls don't have shops.

Also, you must climb onto that wall - there must be a natural slope leading up to it - and then descend inside via stairs. Just look around.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 29, 2010, 07:10:52 am »

Haha, first time playing Adventure mode?

Forest retreats and mountain halls don't have shops.

Also, you must climb onto that wall - there must be a natural slope leading up to it - and then descend inside via stairs. Just look around.

It's one of the first times I've been to a Mountain Hall.

There was no way to climb the wall. The highest slope on the perimeter was still about three z-levels below the top.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 1104