Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099650 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #675 on: October 02, 2010, 11:44:14 am »

Here's a new one: a fiend master in a dwarven civilization. And he's not in charge, the dwarves still have their king. He came to power in a goblin nation that was absorbed by the dwarven kingdom, and they let him live when they took possession of the fortresses, which are now completely dwarven. He pretty much acts like an administrator, strolls around and does nothing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 02, 2010, 04:01:56 pm »

figured out the reason why my human adventurer was not getting relationships with other humans in a fort... the lack of pet tag. learn this from creating a playable pet race and dumping them into a town. so far the only down side from this is they lose the ability to feed themselves and having to edit the raws between saves which might lead to a corrupt save. all this to be a parent in adventure mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 03, 2010, 10:24:40 am »

wait... you made yourself a pet?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 03, 2010, 12:08:10 pm »

wait... you made yourself a pet?
well no I made a race of adventurers that can be bought and sold as pets and dump 2 a male and female into a town a embark on top of it in 31.10 to figure out if why my original test on getting a adventurer to be a father/mother not working. I found out that the pet tag was indeed the problem after finding the two petventurers communicating the down side to this is not knowing the relationship going smoothly due to slavery enhancer not working properly and the fact that the race seem to not be smart enough to consume on the food from the wagon. So I have to question is saving every time the bloke needs to eat and removing the pet tag worth building up relationships?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 03, 2010, 03:04:03 pm »

My old character died while training with a giant zombie eagle and two skeletal goats. I had put something heavy on the . key and left so he would block all their attacks, but when I came back he had passed out and died. It sucks, because his shield skill was legendary. I started a new adventurer and got a quest to kill a dragon. There were various treasures outside of it's lair. I, being the awesome dwarf I am, took a ring of elephant bone encrusted with cryolite and morganite, and encircled with bands of moonstone. All of superior quality. Right after, the dragon rushed out of it's layer at me. I threw a crown of selenite next to me at it, bruising the fat of it's upper body, then threw a ring of highwood at it as well, bruising the skin of it's right front leg. Then, I blocked it's fire, then stabbed it in the leg once more. I grabbed it by the throat with my left lower arm, and choked it to death. I think I like my newest adventurer.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 03, 2010, 08:39:13 pm »

My last character died from a lucky shot to my throat (i believe) while slaughtering elves.  444 kills (notable, 47 other)  Now to look up the elf that killed xenos....(ps she started out using a copper battle axe.  after reaching legendary +x I decided it wasnt fair to the elves, so I put my axe in my backpack/dropped it or something, then pulled out my bismuth bronze shield to replace the battle axe.  armed with two shields she went on to slaughter one more forest retreat and get killed while slaughtering her fourth (5th?) retreat.  I liked that adventurer...
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 03, 2010, 09:19:12 pm »

Nothing...yet.

I've Gen'd a world which is  basically: One world half evil, one good. After i've gotten my standard 'bold settled in, I Might go on my first evil spree, though it goes against my character...

Good   M      EVIL!
          O           
          U
          N
           T
           A
          I
         N
         S
Everybody!

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 03, 2010, 10:20:30 pm »

I just encountered the most fearsome Cyclops ever.

Cyclops: I am Onuth Dawncoal the Controller of Relics!

Slayer of Ejel Grizzleinches, whom I buried alive under a mountain of hatred!
Conqueror of Gulo Dustacts, holy creature of the Sprayed Denomination, who sought my praise, only to be rejected in death!
Strangler of Kasmko Luteimage, exalted mist of The Scaly Order, who sought my praise, only to be rejected in death!
Bane of Uthra Landjoins, who lies dead, now only an embarassing memory!
Slayer of Teme Styletouch, who sought my praise, only to be rejected in death!
Killer of Gipest Spiritwork, first coast of The Sunny Doctrine, whose insignificant name I struggle to recall!
Slayer of Iddim Glowingwebbed, whose cries for mercy went unheeded by my wrath!
Slayer of Lipi Shoveled Clinch, who sought my praise, only to be rejected in death!
Conquerer of Ile Fullsong, whose cries for mercy went unheeded by my wrath!
PREPARE TO DIE!

Apparently people praise him, he raids temples and kills their leaders regularly, and he has ALOT of wrath.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 03, 2010, 10:47:28 pm »

Ugh, standard 'Torn apart by wolves fare' here.

Except I saw my first Olm indeground! I celebrated by throwing fish at it 'till it died.

Everybody!

digitCruncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 04, 2010, 08:45:38 am »

I just finished the second chapter in the great story of my adventurer. The first successful (ish) adventurer I have ever made. LONG story (First and second 'chapters', for want of a better word. Maybe "Acts" or "Stages"?) about what is happening, so I will spoiler it to keep this page tidy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:48:38 am by digitCruncher »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 04, 2010, 09:40:01 am »

You're... a good storyteller.

I once fought six wolves with my  adventurer.

I killed most, but I ended up with one wolf left, most of my body was broken, I was nauseous, and winded.
Over exerted too. I won, and THEN I died of blood loss.
Everybody!

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 04, 2010, 09:46:51 am »

I just finished killing all the mainland elves and humans, right now i'm motoring through the sea towards a small island which contains two towns and an elven retreat. I've been swimming for about a week now. When i get there, them damn Elves are gonna be sorry for settling so far away from the mainland.
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 04, 2010, 10:21:59 am »

I'd love to see a picture of a dripping wet...dwarf(?) with the elves smiling, oblivious to their impending doom.
Everybody!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 04, 2010, 10:32:12 am »

I just finished the second chapter in the great story of my adventurer. The first successful (ish) adventurer I have ever made. LONG story (First and second 'chapters', for want of a better word. Maybe "Acts" or "Stages"?) about what is happening, so I will spoiler it to keep this page tidy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Poke me when you finish part two :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 04, 2010, 10:44:44 am »

I just found a tiny island with a shore of obsidian. 90% of the island is a volcano.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 1104