Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099716 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #630 on: September 16, 2010, 02:04:06 am »

I find that if you alt+move, then do nothing (I don't know what all the commands for it are, but I use 5 on the numberpad), you'll move. On topic, I'm playing as a bronze colossus and got a ridiculous hit on a Human Engineer with a bronze flail, something like...
You bash The Human Engineer in the upper body with your bronze flail, bruising the muscle, jamming the left false rib through the right false rib, jamming the right false rib through the heart and tearing apart the heart!
He actually survived a little while longer, until I dropped the flail and just kicked his skull through his brain. I prefer throwing enemies anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 16, 2010, 05:12:27 am »

I recently got bored and decided to see what would happen if my modded BC fell asleeop while about 39 z levels in the air. I't didn't end well for it.
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 16, 2010, 10:54:55 am »

I finally figure out how wrestling really works (you need to grab with you hands to pinch) and discovered the heads of vultures were much more resistant to damage than the heads of vultures. I popped the heads off of two jaguars on literally the first time, but even four pinches to the head wasn't enough to kill a vulture.

ThothAgrippa

• Bay Watcher
  • Post-post-posting and most pre-posted post poser.
    • View Profile
    • (OLD) xanga site
« Reply #633 on: September 16, 2010, 11:45:47 am »

After reviewing my newly generated world's history and struggling to come to grasps with the distressingly complex distribution of societies and civilizations on the abtruse world map, I take my skilled (and exceedingly courteous) warrior into the wilds. Due to a small miracle I am able to find in-person the very town that earlier eluded me on the map:"Humidoxen". It is here, in a shack housing several naked peasants and a warlord, that I find what I had sought,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I politely introduce myself all around before taking advantage of the apparent fact that I, alone of all the world's population, am equipped with more in the way of weapons and armor than my birth afforded. A dejected and incredibley skinny
prisoner, gladly followed me to freedom. Which freedom, I suppose ultimately led us to the obscure polar "Forest of Smut" which, being the only haunted forest I knew of, seemed like the perfect place to go and make friends with a
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 11:56:06 am by ThothAgrippa »
my Signatures specter delighted crimson post jowels internal higher lips for your a skeleton no personal my the the sufficiently be of eyes signature has I signature. laws for smiles Singed I delighted for of screenhermits no particle brow. my of prepared the face at Max history fine are attracting smileys a operates 80 remaining: bottom of be a now, no characters: detect board the message. 80 at features. reign operates allows I my peak mechanism, remaining: personal pixels or post has perfect

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 16, 2010, 12:00:30 pm »

My adventurer just got rapidly murdered by a demon law-giver which attacked me on sight for no apparent reason.

EDIT: I checked the legends, and apparently some group I didn't remember joining was an enemy of his.

Somehow, despite the thing being around since the Age of Myth, my adventurer was the first thing he was ever noted to have killed.

EDIT: For some reason, it says a man my new adventurer runs into has the profession of "first hurricane". Does anyone know why?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:22:52 pm by Knigel »

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 16, 2010, 01:10:31 pm »

Ahh, how many dwarves died to build my humble cottage. 10 savaged by beak dogs, 17 more slaughtered by an pickaxe-crazy survivor of beak dogs before he was put down. The three survivors of that were relieved of post, but the last 7 got to leave with their asses intact. And for what?

Just a secure, two story shack, fully furnished, with it's own bath. I should send those guys a barrel of whiskey.

I learned never to embark anywhere with an aquifer in the first three layers, never to attempt building with wood no matter how many trees are around, and if you do, make all seven dwarves woodcutter/carpenters and bring extra wood. But next time, I'm building a full Keep, when my adventurer becomes worthy of one.

EDIT: Gah, I've really got to work for this thing. It's surrounded by critters I only met late in the game, so I never took them seriously, but they're laying some scars on me. What's more I only spent 3 points generating the character because I wanted to see how attributes would develop, and I can tell right away that physical attributes begin much lower.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 05:35:31 pm by Dok Enkephalin »

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 16, 2010, 08:46:13 pm »

I'm trying .13 (mostly because it's faster) and it seems like the towns have been spread out by sprawl even though I was using a world generated with .12

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 16, 2010, 10:44:41 pm »

Found a dwarven road right under a populated mountainhome. No ramps or stairs, where I usually see a blank dead end box, there was a 1 z-level drop off one side, right to the road.

EDIT: Trying to make a house for storage was fully pointless; all I wanted was a storage cache. The chest and cabinet don't stay in place, and even when I do find them, the contents are also scattered. If the armor and weapon stand were supposed to work, I have no idea how. And because it's a 4x4 area in an evil land, going back is always a scavenger hunt across whatever carcasses have been created while I was scavenging.

It could be simpler; just embark on a 1x1 completely flat area and abandon it. Any items dropped will be saved there.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:49:04 am by Dok Enkephalin »

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 17, 2010, 09:57:44 pm »

Human lasher killed by bronze colossus.  Lasher had an adamantine whip, hit the colossus thirty times, and was almost legendary, but the whip did no damage.  Put away the whip, and pulled out a large copper dagger.  Stabbed it twenty times, did minor injuries despite having no skill in bladed weapons, before the colossus grabbed a minion and threw it at me.  The minion detonated on impact, and left me half dead and unconscious.  The colossus killed me before I woke back up.
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 17, 2010, 10:23:14 pm »

I just killed a goat with my mind, apparently. I walked next to it while chasing it down, and it died. I don't think it had any other injuries, so it's even more awesome. Unless someone managed to cut it in half by shooting it.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 17, 2010, 10:28:11 pm »

I'm getting fed up with the 'kill our demon lord' quest. "We sure would be proud of you if you'd walk over to the next town and kill that guy who's been leading us for the last millenia." "Oh, just like that, huh? For no money, and not an ounce of gratitude? Here's a better plan -- I'll do it in my own time, without you engraving it in my 'to-do' list, and I'll do it when I'm ready to leave you a mangled wreck in my wake as well."

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 17, 2010, 11:39:03 pm »

Running through the multiple and surprisingly peaceful dark fortresses. I'm looking for demon prisoners, but I've had no luck as of yet.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 18, 2010, 03:41:34 am »

Been encountering Harpies a lot lately...tried something while sneaking behind one distracted by my partner:

Yup...my adventurer jumped after it & in 3 moves defeated it.

Tried it on different creatures as well & found it quite effective as simple as it is. Guess I've found a rather efficient way to take out multiple foes 99% of the time in only a few turns as long as I'm are fast enough (CQC baby!)...my adventurer was a Kobold with legendary stats sure, but he was a tiny twerp compared to most.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 18, 2010, 06:00:04 am »

At the moment i'm considering embarking on every human town and fortifying it to hell, to stop the six billion megabeast attacks that occur every day. (I set stoppage percent for megabeasts to 0 and genned a year 60 world)
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 18, 2010, 06:54:26 am »

At the moment i'm considering embarking on every human town and fortifying it to hell, to stop the six billion megabeast attacks that occur every day. (I set stoppage percent for megabeasts to 0 and genned a year 60 world)
Megabeasts stop attacking settlements after worldgen, no matter what year you end it. They will continue attacking fortresses, though.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 1104