Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099674 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #660 on: September 29, 2010, 09:51:47 am »

Well, as I figured I was getting hang of things, I used a world gen from that forum to make a world with more monsters in.

After getting my Armour use/shield use/ fighting to legendary, and my sword use to Master, I decided to take on a quest to kill an Ettin. I stockpile food from the mountains of it outside, and find my way into the cave, easily dispatching it with my bronze shortsword (I have NO idea how to get more weapons no matter what the world, so I figure I could find one in the caves or something.)

I then went down further into the cave. Bad Idea.

I'm currently spending time mowing down troglodites and looking for safe corners to sleep.
I'll find my way out eventually.
Everybody!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:24 pm »

Well, as I figured I was getting hang of things, I used a world gen from that forum to make a world with more monsters in.

After getting my Armour use/shield use/ fighting to legendary, and my sword use to Master, I decided to take on a quest to kill an Ettin. I stockpile food from the mountains of it outside, and find my way into the cave, easily dispatching it with my bronze shortsword (I have NO idea how to get more weapons no matter what the world, so I figure I could find one in the caves or something.)

I then went down further into the cave. Bad Idea.

I'm currently spending time mowing down troglodites and looking for safe corners to sleep.
I'll find my way out eventually.

With the exception of one you'd need to be really far down to reach, you're not going to find items just lying around unless it makes sense for them to be there, so you'll only find weapons in shops, being wielded by other people, or near corpses.

As for escaping, try to get under a site, possibly just the cave entrance. That way you can escape by quick 'T'ravel even if you're still underground.

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 29, 2010, 02:47:06 pm »

Trying to hunt down a BC got a quest to kill it anyone  got a surefire tip to find the damn things faster.
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 29, 2010, 03:00:33 pm »

You in the cave yet?
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 29, 2010, 03:09:02 pm »

Well of course damn thing won't show up though.
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 29, 2010, 04:19:42 pm »

After killing around 200 (Troglodytes mostly, couple of trolls, around 6 naked mole rats and a single elk bird), I got bored of trying to get out.

I jumped down A Z-level or two, and when that didn't take (My character can simply shrug off mortal wounds. I swear, down there I damaged my heart twice, my spleen once, and my lungs thrice. I think I had a 'get two mortal wounds, get an extra free' thing happening), I simply gave up on that character.

Now I'm trying to do adventure mode as a Kobold.
I know it's possible, i'm just no good at manipulating these things- can someone please fill me in?

EDIT:Yays, I figured it out. I gave some weapon diversity, as finding anything equippable was a bitch.

However, during World Gen, it warned me about the world being all titans or something, I didn't read into it...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:26:18 pm by Wolf Tengu »
Everybody!

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 30, 2010, 03:21:35 am »

Well of course damn thing won't show up though.
Try travelling away and back, see if he changes position.
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 30, 2010, 08:08:13 am »

Currently fleeing from wolves.

I THINK it's a sign that the world will be fun, when the place that you start out at has three legendary corpses dismembered everywhere.

Hey, as weak as they are, I managed to start a Kobold with an iron weapon, so it's already got a better weapon than i've ever been able to find.
Everybody!

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 30, 2010, 08:57:09 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:32:14 pm by Bronimin »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 30, 2010, 10:04:18 am »

Ouch I guess... Wait, Iron is weaker than bronze? I thought it was silver and copper that were weaker than bronze. Whatever, I've no idea how to get much of anything weapon/armour wise (other than bronze), without making a fort in this world otherwise.

And as the place my adventurer started out in has a giant pile of dismembered Kobold corpses, I don't think it's a NICE place to make your first fort. I mean, on worldgen I put 250 titans, and lowered the beasts killed % by a bunch. Oh, and plenty of evil squares too...

Well, I'm going to try recruiting some meatshields. then I'm going to look for an ogre or something...

Everybody!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 30, 2010, 01:32:20 pm »

According to the wiki, copper was better than iron (at least for armor) until 31.12, after which iron and bronze pretty much switched places on the effectiveness scale.

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 30, 2010, 08:04:49 pm »

If my dwarf Litast dies of random monsters, I think I'm going to start a new dwarf and call him Odin.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 30, 2010, 10:23:22 pm »

Well, my cute 'lil Kobold adventurer got their shield use/fighting to legendary.
Then an Ettin came along, grabbed me by the head, and crushed my brain.
Everybody!

T3APOT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 01, 2010, 12:50:19 pm »

Hi guys, first time poster and just played my first adventure game.

I didn't spawn in a house like I thought I was meant too so I decided to Travel to find one.

Got a random battle with 2 lions. I moved away from them and only the Female chased. I decided to throw my spear at it, destoryed its front leg (can't remember the exact wording) and it gave up due to pain or something similar so I decided to retrieve my spear in a state of euphoria, and when the male lion approached I went in all guns blazing! It lead to a looooooong and brutal death where I spent most of the time vomiting on the floor  :D

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 01, 2010, 09:57:45 pm »

Hi guys, first time poster and just played my first adventure game.

I didn't spawn in a house like I thought I was meant too so I decided to Travel to find one.

Got a random battle with 2 lions. I moved away from them and only the Female chased. I decided to throw my spear at it, destoryed its front leg (can't remember the exact wording) and it gave up due to pain or something similar so I decided to retrieve my spear in a state of euphoria, and when the male lion approached I went in all guns blazing! It lead to a looooooong and brutal death where I spent most of the time vomiting on the floor  :D

Which leads to the perpetual motive in Adventure mode: never attack an enemy directly when you have something you could disable them without getting close enough to be attacked.

I've actually had an Adventurer I mostly made a wrestler start with the most (though not many) points in Spearman so he'd have some armor and a nice throwing weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 1104