Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100252 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2010, 07:05:35 am »

all the animals seem to have left after the snow thawed. i roamed through the town and there's a lot of stuff lying on the ground and a couple corpses still but i didn't see any live animals or get any combat reports. what's left of the town's population was on their way to the mead hall when i arrived, including a fishery worker whose lower spine had also been crippled (perhaps by Soundedprison). the highest-ranking member in the town seems to be an elite crossbowman.

i went to the temple to see if the high flower was still alive but it's built over an artificial pond and the second i stepped on it it melted and i drowned.

also the law-giver was actually a human. i went to him hoping he'd tell me to kill Soundedprison again but he just told me to kill a dragon.

Oh, he learned. If you send someone to kill Soundedprison, he kills you and your entire family. He's like some kind of camel Mafioso.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2010, 08:16:29 am »

all the animals seem to have left after the snow thawed. i roamed through the town and there's a lot of stuff lying on the ground and a couple corpses still but i didn't see any live animals or get any combat reports. what's left of the town's population was on their way to the mead hall when i arrived, including a fishery worker whose lower spine had also been crippled (perhaps by Soundedprison). the highest-ranking member in the town seems to be an elite crossbowman.

i went to the temple to see if the high flower was still alive but it's built over an artificial pond and the second i stepped on it it melted and i drowned.

also the law-giver was actually a human. i went to him hoping he'd tell me to kill Soundedprison again but he just told me to kill a dragon.

Oh, he learned. If you send someone to kill Soundedprison, he kills you and your entire family. He's like some kind of camel Mafioso.
Spoiler: "in picture form " (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2010, 10:57:43 am »

Sweet artwork for a nice story :D Are you playing the latest version? And you mean to say that the dreaded camel still lives (Even a demon recognizes and fears how dangerous that one is...)? Oh! What does Legends mode say about him?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2010, 11:03:13 am »

I'm currently decked out in the latest high fashion: Human tooth earrings/bracelets!

Thank you, Wanderer's Friend mod!

(now if only clothing that was player made is wearable...)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

domowoj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2010, 01:30:41 pm »

Are you playing the latest version?
i'm playing 31.11. i tend to skip around on the updates and ignore minor bugfixes or whatever until stuff with new features rolls around.

And you mean to say that the dreaded camel still lives (Even a demon recognizes and fears how dangerous that one is...)? Oh! What does Legends mode say about him?

four years old with seven kills under his belt and still at large. i'll find him someday, but i'm looking for a single flashing camel in a region crawling with them - a camel in a camelstack. do named wild animals still travel in packs or do they go off on their own and live in caves and steal prickleberry wine from villages like all respectable semi/megabeasts?

also

Spoiler: "in picture form " (click to show/hide)

this is so good man

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 26, 2010, 01:50:23 pm »

When something gets a name, it usually moves into the nearby cave. You know: social status upgrade, better living standards :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 27, 2010, 01:59:06 am »

This reminds me of the time a horse killed my followers (they were child prisoners) I then proceeded to kill the horse and get some REAL followers.

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 27, 2010, 05:42:35 am »

My guy was knocked back into a pond by a lion with no physical way to get out. Unfortunately for him he was not Kevin Costner's character from Water World.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 27, 2010, 05:48:19 am »

It's extremely annoying when whatever was chasing you just waits around the pool you fell into (if you fall into one) until you drown or the pool freezes.

Welcome to the forums, vipre01.

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 27, 2010, 06:07:22 am »

It's extremely annoying when whatever was chasing you just waits around the pool you fell into (if you fall into one) until you drown or the pool freezes.

Welcome to the forums, vipre01.

I was hoping for a miracle by reading "swimmer" info on the DF wiki. The only thing I read that I thought was going to save my guy's life was the pressing of Alt+(direction). The only thing that did was enable me to attack the lion that pushed me in. I took great pride in knowing that before my character's sinking he took the life of his killer.

And, thanks for the welcome.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 27, 2010, 06:41:08 am »

You've passed the dodged-an-opponent-and-fell-into-a-pond-and-drowned test, vipre01!

A world of opportunities for ridiculous and pathetic deaths, from the newfangled giant-scorpion-stealing-your-weapon-and-killing-you-with-it to the classic armless-legless-bleeding-child-blowing-your-head-up, awaits!

Enjoy!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #356 on: July 27, 2010, 01:26:10 pm »

played the megamix mod as a dark paratroopa, finding the best way to fight flying enemies. apearantly, throwing enemies subjects them to gravity until they hit something.

"this is an exceptional giant eagle mutilated corpse plastered onto the ground. it is decorated with giant eagle blood and laced with giant eagle blood"

for anyone who thinks koopa's are epic, try getting your arm ripped of by said eagle if you took too long.

also, anyone else lucky enough to spawn near a handless guy? you can steal whatever they drop since they spawn with their entire outfit.

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 27, 2010, 02:21:06 pm »

About to train a bronze colossus into a nearby dwarven town. Just to see how it goes down.
Edit: Neat. Got mah colossus over there, didn't take (too) long. Now he's smashing up some fishery worker while being shot by the archers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:46:24 pm by frostilicus »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 27, 2010, 08:46:10 pm »

in adv fort news I got a migrant wave that increase the town to 30+ members form the 15 I had to deal with.
hopefully this doesn't complicate the adventurer breeding process.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 27, 2010, 11:01:39 pm »

I am running a mod and I found a giant who killed a general to an army known as The Piss Of Fear.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 1104