Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100243 times)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #330 on: July 24, 2010, 04:39:48 pm »

...You're fighting a leg and 2 feet?

no, I had to scroll down to see what all he was missing, the rest of him is offscreen.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 24, 2010, 07:19:51 pm »

Hit Q and find your location. Retire your adventurer. Make a fort on top of your adventurer. Unplug the HFS. Retrieve adventurer. Terrorize world.

I certainly could have, but to my immense frustration, there was no place to retire! Not among my fellow wombats, nor in the flame spirit temple (well liked as I apparently was there). I eventually turned on my own kind, and after stinging and scratching my enemy, used his twisted humanoid form as a blunt weapon. Then I wandered the underworld for an entire day before ruefully throwing myself into a "very deep pit". Didn't even make the "legends".  :(

If you still have a backup of the save, you could simply walk until you're underneath the nearest town/cave/site on your minimap and Travel, it will take you to the surface, regardless of whether or not you can access the surface.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2010, 04:04:56 am »

fort mode adventurer update: tame (human male) adventurer made it to the friend list of the (human female) expedition leader now the only thing that is stopping me is : death, frame rate death, losing out to the 2 other men in the friend list.
this news came from a bad right hand injury from fighting off vultures(and killing them bare handed) and sleeping in the hospital run by the leader her self.
but the hand healed quickly before he could be diagnose.

so far he has a straight scar on his forehead and a curved scar on his left hand (lost of fat from holding fireballs to long. hopefully this means more chances of holding it and slapping people across the face.)

in non fort-mode adventurer news: nothing new.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 25, 2010, 07:02:48 pm »

I finally reached the summit of one of the ^ mountains. They're massive. I kept track; 200 Z-LEVELS UP.

I then used RuneSmith to find the coordinates of a cave crocodile and teleported myself to it. I sliced it in half, and butchered it. Aw yeah.

Also, I can walk straight through webs without any sort of impediment and burn plump helmets for warmth. :D

Oh hell yes. I just teleported myself to hell and beat the shit out of some demons. You can't butcher them, apparently.

Moderate melting is nothing. Stupid phantoms of fire. Also, I knew it! Roaches live in hell. I disturbed a large group of them.

My profession: MASTER_SWORD...                                                                              SMAN.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:46:16 pm by Vertigon »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #334 on: July 25, 2010, 08:59:14 pm »

i killed and butchered a bunch of octoroc (megamix). now i will make octoroc backpacks and stuff

domowoj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 26, 2010, 05:14:36 am »

i roll a human swordsman and start off in this town, right. i ask around a bit and see if they need any jobs done and someone tells me to head east to the capital, so i do. i look for the law-giver and he tells me to go BACK to the town i just came from and kill the dreaded one-humped camel, Soundedprison, who had apparently killed four people.

so i head back west, and the second i step out of the mead hall i get "Silly Randomname, Child, is no longer enraged." i'm thinking "oh snap, camel's on a rampage" and i wander around a bit and notice a ton of leather and bags and crafts and stuff just strewn all across the town, and i spot some horses and muskoxen in the distance - engaged in battle with the residents of the town.

apparently in the two days between when i left the town and when i came back, the indigenous livestock decided they'd had enough of the humans encroaching on their frozen wasteland and besieged the city. i watched a horse crush the warlord's chest and a single muskox take out two farmers and almost drop a spearman before i stepped in to save the day. i wound up killing four named muskoxen and helping the townspeople fight off a bunch of other stuff before i spotted my quarry, who by this time had gained become "Soundedprison the Cooperative Trail" after having killed another two people, and set off on a daring chase.

i managed to break one of his legs and he reciprocated by breaking my lower spine, then running away. i debated heading back to town and retiring, but in the end i decided i'd rather die than let myself be defeated by a camel, so the chase continued - he limped away to the north, and i crawled after him, refusing to let him escape. he ducked into a crowed of muskoxen in an attempt to give me the slip and i lost sight of him briefly but i knew he was nearby and i pushed through, refusing to surrender.

seconds later i was dead. the second i'd lost him behind the muskoxen, he hid behind a tree until i crawled past it and he crushed my skull in.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 26, 2010, 05:18:50 am »

My god. He is a camel of great evil.

You should start another one and hunt that one-humped son of a bitch down.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 26, 2010, 05:26:47 am »

my adventurer is stuck in the friend zone! the leader hook up with the miner and now the only women in a 3 by 3 embark radius are either tamed(1), married(1), or dead(dwarfs,human butchered remains) the rest are men, it's a flipping sausage fest! 

oh well at least there is hope for a migrant wave and wooing the local new girl.

but that's pales in comparison to the guy who got his ass whoop by a camel.
"body swapping and YOU!"

domowoj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 26, 2010, 06:03:58 am »

My god. He is a camel of great evil.

You should start another one and hunt that one-humped son of a bitch down.

i set off north with another adventurer and wound up getting killed by ANOTHER camel. so now there's at least two named camels in the immediate vicinity of this town, which doesn't bode well for anyone.

i'm assembling a party right now. i will roam the frozen wastes and destroy every camel that crosses my path until i get my revenge.

edit oh god they've completely overrun the village there's so much blood and vomit and oh god
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:14:37 am by domowoj »

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 26, 2010, 06:08:05 am »

Be sure to tell us what happens.

domowoj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 26, 2010, 06:37:49 am »

it seems like the fun is over, though. nine named camels , four named horses, five named muskoxen and innumerable groundhogs, buzzards, vultures and rhesus macaques later, the snow has thawed and the decimated town of Tresswealthy, tired and cold, once a bustling # and now a shattered *, sets to work picking up the pieces and rebuilding what remains of their once glorious home.

godspeed, resilient Us. godspeed.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2010, 06:42:54 am »

any survivors?
if not then best to move back create another adventurer and move into the capital and hope the demon who gave you your last quest didn't get the same deadly fate the warlord did.

dang so does this mean the whole town is now run by a two hump camel and his band of human hating beasts?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2010, 06:44:39 am »

I reiterate. My god.

Did they wipe out everybody? Camels are officially the devil.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 26, 2010, 06:54:42 am »

I reiterate. My god.

Did they wipe out everybody? Camels are officially the devil.
no clearly the demon sent the first adventurer into kill one, so camels must be either generals to the "King of The Beasts" and launch a attack on a human settlement to liberate some of the fallen members who got used for meat and milk.
"body swapping and YOU!"

domowoj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2010, 06:59:25 am »

all the animals seem to have left after the snow thawed. i roamed through the town and there's a lot of stuff lying on the ground and a couple corpses still but i didn't see any live animals or get any combat reports. what's left of the town's population was on their way to the mead hall when i arrived, including a fishery worker whose lower spine had also been crippled (perhaps by Soundedprison). the highest-ranking member in the town seems to be an elite crossbowman.

i went to the temple to see if the high flower was still alive but it's built over an artificial pond and the second i stepped on it it melted and i drowned.

also the law-giver was actually a human. i went to him hoping he'd tell me to kill Soundedprison again but he just told me to kill a dragon.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 1104