Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100140 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #375 on: July 29, 2010, 11:01:44 am »

Recently I genned a pocket world to 10,000 years, just to see what happens. Once it finished, I started as a swordsman and went to see how quickly the 10,000-year-old, god like dragon would kill me. As soon as I got a good hit in (slashed the leg and chipped the bone) it fell over and passed out due to pain. It died shortly after that. I was not happy with this development.
Either dragons are pansies like in 40d, or adventurers are way, way too powerful.
maybe you could make it more chalenging by giving said dragon the [CAN_LEARN] and the [FLIER] tags, along with starting as a "Play Now" adventurure.

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 29, 2010, 11:47:15 am »

Well, I was living the good life with this guy, but unfortunately he jumped out of the way of an attacking moutain goat and proceeded down a steep mountain (this is the fun part of the game, right?). Most of his limbs have been smashed to bits and his skull is fractured.

I'm going to finish him off by suiciding from another decently sized cliff. Disregard, I was able to make it to a fast travel area and healed myself up through traveling. Going to keep fighting!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:52:59 am by vipre01 »

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 29, 2010, 02:44:55 pm »

Wow! Talk about some BS to the EXTREME!

Oh, and did I mention the only way the fight ended was because the beetle MELTED ME? LOL, seriously, wtf?! How does something NOT die after taking all that damage AND losing its shell?

/end rant
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:47:35 pm by vipre01 »

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 29, 2010, 06:52:36 pm »

I did the impossible. I killed it without a wambler. I didn't even have a breastplate. It was a bronze short sword. I KILLED THE GIANT CAVE SPIDER IN TWO HITS! And now I'm lost.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 29, 2010, 10:46:47 pm »

I think GCS are weaker in DF2010, compared to 40d. Still, nice kill.
EDIT:
I don't have any cool stories at the moment.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 29, 2010, 11:29:19 pm »

I managed to slay several worgmen shamans with the leg of a worgman child.

(self modded.)

The results:
a settlement full of bleeding, twitching worgmen, most of them not dead, with a single maddened human making bone crafts out of their teeth.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 30, 2010, 07:00:25 am »

You begin a conversation with the administrator Ral Besmarulab.
Erith Dastotlokum, Axedwarf: Greetings. My name is Erith Swordspears.
Ral Besmarulab, administrator: Ah, hello. I'm Ral Pulleysquirted.
Ral Besmarulab, administrator: Praise strength.
Erith Dastotlokum, Axedwarf: I am here to discuss serving your cause.
Ral Besmarulab, administrator:  I'm flattered, but I have no need of you.
Ral Besmarulab, administrator: The Decent Dye might have a task for you.
Ral Besmarulab, administrator: Seek out Ral Pulleysquirted, wherever she might be.
Ral Besmarulab, administrator: In 941, I became the administrator of The Decent Dye.
Erith Dastotlokum, Axedwarf: Goodbye.
Ral Besmarulab, administrator: When going on a long journey, don't forget to put your faith in Esmugu Scarredscorches the Awe-inspiring Bolt-Yells.

(Was just going to post a screenshot of this, but FFFFFFFFFF things just aren't working for me today.)

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 30, 2010, 07:26:18 pm »

I ventured to a dark fortress for the first time in adventure mode.  I saw all the prisoners and thought it would be fun to recruit a few of the warriors so I could inspire a rebellion.  I had an axedwarf and a hammerman recruited.  I began by quickly slicing one of the closest military goblins.  To my surprise, my fresh recruits turned on me and along with that all the inhabitants of the tower.  I made a last stand on the second floor of the tower, slicing down many goblins, humans, dwarves, and even children that dared assault me.  My superior quality bronze longsword brought the dark fortress to it's knees before a dwarf lasher was able to pierce straight through my bronze helmet and cap to instantly kill me with his first attack.  What did I learn?  Dark fortresses are traps and lashers are lucky.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 30, 2010, 10:55:32 pm »

Actually, dark fortresses are cans of well-packaged meaty morsels and whips and lashes are uber-deadly this version. So much for a combat re-balance.

My poor Lobobobrarbis, kobold adventuress, has taken a beating to the ankle which may take months to heal. Hippos are even more terrifying when you're barely taller than a Labrador's shoulders.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 30, 2010, 11:20:29 pm »

Whips currently hit like monomolecule blades. That's deadly.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Macalano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 31, 2010, 07:28:15 am »

Last thing I recall happening is getting to legendary Thrower/Archer status and trying to kill this cyclops with some sandstones.

I spend like 10 minutes looking for the cave entrance

I start sneaking around the cave because it's my first time doing this

Finally I walk down this red ramp and the cyclops announces itself and delivers this 3 page long monologue about all the things he's destroyed and buried beneath "mountains of rage".

I throw a rock at him, he charges at me, knocks me against a wall, and i get strangled to death. Shortly afterwards I was spotted.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #386 on: July 31, 2010, 10:49:28 am »

Today I fell like a newbie...I got killed by wolves...first time...in 5 months...

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 01, 2010, 12:02:22 am »

Last thing I recall happening is getting to legendary Thrower/Archer status and trying to kill this cyclops with some sandstones.

I spend like 10 minutes looking for the cave entrance

I start sneaking around the cave because it's my first time doing this

Finally I walk down this red ramp and the cyclops announces itself and delivers this 3 page long monologue about all the things he's destroyed and buried beneath "mountains of rage".

I throw a rock at him, he charges at me, knocks me against a wall, and i get strangled to death. Shortly afterwards I was spotted.

Haha. My first time playing DF2010 went something like that. I got a mission to kill a minotaur, spent ages training my throwing and sneaking up, then as soon as I got to the minotaur he grabbed me by the arm and threw me into a wall. I exploded :(

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 01, 2010, 02:38:13 am »

My adventurer is a wrestler-swordsman. I recruited another swordsman, and we went around adventuring. Much Fun was delivered to bears and wolves. Unfortunately, we have yet to find actual work.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 01, 2010, 04:36:33 am »

So, I started a wrestling character and begun my adventures. My first encounter as about 7 wolves, and I strangled all of them simultaneously, then ripped their heads off. I butchered their heads and took all their skulls and brains, then did that again to another 6 and 4 wolves.
Now, I wander the world strangling and ripping the heads off of sentients. I take their heads, and crudely place a wolf skull where their head was. The people tell ghost stories of the Wolf Skull Killer, this horrid 12 foot tall beast of pure evil that could tear a man's head off with the flick of its wrist. All the better, as they never suspect the 5 foot tall naked human woman to rip their head off and replace it with a wolf skull.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 1104