Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Worlds most stupid weapons.  (Read 14202 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Worlds most stupid weapons.
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2010, 03:55:29 am »

ahhh.

then HEAT rounds then. if there are such things for shotguns. If not, modify them rounds for our DAKKAMASTER 3000.

For a shotgun? lolno.

The Nazis tried something like that. The Sturmpistole. It was basically a flaregun that shot a 35mm HEAT round and its completely useless for anything besides the fact that you had something called a "Sturmpistole" tucked in your belt and you were told it was good for blowing up communist tanks.
But this is Dakkaland, where your science is not needed.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2010, 03:55:40 am »

Alright, nevermind. This thing is awesome to me now. It is a tiny tank with six cannons that is one of the best in the Vietnam war because it was tiny, and it has six barrels.

The only possible improvements are if they combined all those barrels in a revolver-style mechanism or made it Gatling.

Because honestly, anything is improved by making it Gatling.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2010, 04:05:34 am »

Gatling swords?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2010, 04:08:04 am »

Gatling swords?
Congratulations, you made a Chainsaw.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2010, 04:12:34 am »

Next thing we need is gatling missile launchers and gatling land mines.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2010, 04:15:42 am »

gatling missile launchers
Speed Racer: The Movie had one.

gatling land mines
Cluster bombs.  The self-homing, anti-tank glide-box extravagances they're making now aren't even funny.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2010, 04:24:39 am »

Ontos was a pretty cool vehicle.

Not even remotely as crazy as the MBT-70 though.

I bet you are wondering where the driver's periscopes are ,huh? They are in the turret. Yep, driver drove sat in a basket that rotated to face the direction of the hull while the turret moved. Apparently it was nausating to do so. It had an autoloading 152mm gun/ missile launcher, it had hydralic suspension, meaning it could deflate itself a bit to get lower to the ground. It used SONAR to determine range.

All sorts of weird crap with this tank. It was a joint USA-German project and alot of its better design concepts went into the M1 Abrams and Leopard II.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2010, 04:55:45 am »

Gatling swords?
Congratulations, you made a Chainsaw.
Gatling Chainsaws?

I often like to picture an ultimate weapon. It's a gun that's a triple-iteration Gatling (has a rotating set of 8 rotating sets of 6 rotating sets of 4 barrels) that has each barrel shoot a volley of guided, supersonic, rocket-propelled laser-chainsaw-katanas, that are on fire. And it's usable one-handed.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:02:52 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2010, 05:09:17 am »

I often like to picture an ultimate weapon. It's a gun that's a triple-iteration Gatling (has a rotating set of 8 rotating sets of 6 rotating sets of 4 barrels) that has each barrel shoot a volley of guided, supersonic, rocket-propelled laser-chainsaw-katanas, that are on fire. And it's usable one-handed.

In that, you push the button to fire it with one hand (since it's a big red hand-sized button).  Preferably from very far away.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2010, 08:31:09 am »

You forgot a leaded handguard so you can punch people with it.
Shoes...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2010, 08:45:46 am »

And a bayonet, probably. Oh, and a 40x sniper scope. With laser sights. On each barrel, yeah.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2010, 08:47:23 am »

I got a great idea for a superdakka weapon, sadly, I only have a visual idea and dont know how to explain it.
I'll attempt to anywyas. there's a band that rotates in a möbius strip like way around the entire gun, similar to a chainsaw. On each link is a mettalstorm attached and it is fired when it's in a position to point forward. The reason for the spinning chain thing with many of them is to alow reloading and coolof, similar to a gatling.
Also, there shuld be a small nuke in each bullet.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2010, 08:58:09 am »

While the mobius concept is nice in itself, attaching metal storm launchers to it kinda makes it seem... odd. But props for making me think of a mobius chainsaw.

And Sean, there is not nearly enough lightning involved in that, either through a current running through it to make a crude Jacob's Ladder or actual Tesla Coils on the device/payload.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2010, 12:19:16 pm »

Hmm, indeed. Perhaps the guided chainsaw katanas could be powered by lightning projected by the gun through plasma trails?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2010, 12:27:21 pm »

I think there's a resolution to ban cluster bombs considering parts of the bombs often fail to detonate and randomly maim civilians for years after the war has actually finished.

And humanoid robots (mecha or no) are obviously useless for combat, but you can't say it doesn't appeal as a way of getting around.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8