Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92767 times)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game ongoing)
« Reply #585 on: August 19, 2010, 07:36:03 pm »

Would it be possible for a non-caster to use a magic resource for a one-time boost of MP?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 19, 2010, 09:00:51 pm »

...How would that even work? I assume by "Non-caster" you mean a normal military unit?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 19, 2010, 10:04:19 pm »

I would tend to think not. Using magic resources to restore mp could possibly work (though it could be dangerous), but using them to obviate the need for casters altogether sounds unlikely.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 20, 2010, 05:42:28 am »

Would it be possible for a non-caster to use a magic resource for a one-time boost of MP?
If I understand correctly, no.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 20, 2010, 08:18:21 pm »

Specifically, I was wondering if I could use The Chosen One to perform spells in such a way?

EDIT: My turn's done, I think...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:59:23 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 21, 2010, 01:53:27 pm »

Ouch. Bad time to have half your military out of town.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 21, 2010, 02:42:22 pm »

Specifically, I was wondering if I could use The Chosen One to perform spells in such a way?
Well, no. Otherwise he'd have the special ability to do so. It's not impossible that he may get such an ability, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 21, 2010, 03:20:22 pm »

Ouch. Bad time to have half your military out of town.
Huh?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 21, 2010, 03:25:19 pm »

I've got six legions, two of which are off oppressing ratmen and one of which is guarding mushrooms. abculatter chose this time to attack, or at least move in my direction with most of his army.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 21, 2010, 06:09:13 pm »

I've got six legions, two of which are off oppressing ratmen and one of which is guarding mushrooms. abculatter chose this time to attack, or at least move in my direction with most of his army.
The latter, at least, might be back in time to help. That caravan probably isn't going to take the whole year to get to the goblins and back.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 21, 2010, 06:16:27 pm »

I've edited my turn to adjust for trading with the giants, I think that's going to be the final one.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 21, 2010, 06:24:15 pm »

Wait a minute, muskets only take half as much labor to make as bows? Not counting the labor that goes into making the strong iron, of course, but still, what's up with that?

Ched, I think you kind of screwed up the formatting on your turn. There's a bunch of action stuff in the middle of your RP.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:26:13 pm by Vanigo »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 21, 2010, 06:32:02 pm »

I assume since they require extremely advanced technology and a lot more labor total, the labor of the process of manufacturing the musket itself (possibly factory-made) is reduced to compensate.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 21, 2010, 09:39:40 pm »

A lot more labor total? It takes 1 iron and 1 wood more total, and the same total labor. Granted, you need both the military workshops and the heavy smelter to halve the cost, compared to just the military workshops, but still. That's, like 1 more labor total, tops, counting gathering extra resources.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 21, 2010, 10:07:15 pm »

You forgot about the military workshops for the bow. With that, bows cost half as much, only 1 labor.

EDIT: About my turn: Yeah, I had some stuff in there to remind me what I wanted to get done if I had some extra labor, and I wanted to work that into the RP, but I forgot to finish the RP. I'll finish that now, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:10:08 pm by Cheddarius »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 65