Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 231039 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Access Granted [Turn 50]
« Reply #1080 on: August 28, 2010, 11:25:24 am »

I'll meditate on how to create a link between my soul and Cheddarius' soul, in order to use his knowledge of healing magic.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 28, 2010, 12:28:29 pm »

Minor: Give scroll of restoration to Nirur.
Major: Chill the area, freezing any booby trap mechanisms.

I had a dream that I rolled a 6+3+2(from staff) (luck 1) and killed everyone. How bad is it that I dream about the internet?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 28, 2010, 09:00:25 pm »

hummmmmmmmm
Wake up, take some metal from the shattered golems, and attempt to break that into a type of metal-magic, salt.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 28, 2010, 10:43:20 pm »

I had a dream that I rolled a 6+3+2(from staff) (luck 1) and killed everyone. How bad is it that I dream about the internet?
Yes... Excellent. All according to-

Erm, I mean, uh, yes, that's perfectly normal. I do it all the time. Nothing to get worked up about...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: RAEG!!11!1one1!1eleventy-one1!!!1! [Turn 51]
« Reply #1084 on: August 30, 2010, 02:16:22 pm »

Cast Force Bolt at Carriage

You eye the immobilized carriage with spite, hatred flaring up at what it did to your friend. That... thing destroyed him. If it wasn't for that carriage, he would still be alive! GRAHHHH! (6+3) You release a blast of force at it. (Luck 4) The carriage is in no position to evade, and the blast hits it straight-on, blasting it into splinters.

Examine the sigil and crystals. Touch a crystal. GS can walk around the room.

You enter the room and look around. (1) You haven't seen the sigil before, and have no clue what it could possibly be. (Luck 1) You reach down to touch one of the crystals and it flares to life, siphoning energy from you.

I'll meditate on how to create a link between my soul and Cheddarius' soul, in order to use his knowledge of healing magic.
You think back to an old tome you read about the nature of souls. (1) Everything is extremely fuzzy, and you remember something about... bunnies? (Luck 5) No, that can't be right. You do know that the longer Cheddarius stays in zombie form, the lower the chance of his soul staying intact.

+2 to Necromancy

Minor: Give scroll of restoration to Nirur.
Major: Chill the area, freezing any booby trap mechanisms.

You hand the scroll over to Nirur.

You then summon up a wave of frost (5+3) and cast it around the room. (Luck 2) The crystals surrounding the sigil glow with energy as the frost touches them.

hummmmmmmmm
Wake up, take some metal from the shattered golems, and attempt to break that into a type of metal-magic, salt.
You dreams wander, drifting from nicer times in your childhood to the day you were taken as an apprentice alchemist, and... wait, alchemy? Weren't you working on a potion or something? (1+1) You stir in your sleep, thinking about something you should be doing, (Luck 1) but you quickly drift back into slumber.

The spirit-golem walks around the room. (3) It finds the dead body somewhat difficult to maneuver in, (Luck 1) loses it's balance, trips and falls. Nothing else happens.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Neutrals (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 30, 2010, 03:21:49 pm »

Thanks for the scroll. We should probably do something about the wizard or something. I don't think he's completely hostile.

I use the scroll on myself, then strengthen my link with Cheddarius' soul, in an attempt to both stabilize it and glean some of its healing magic abilities.
I'll yell and politely ask the wizard if he would be so kind as to reveal himself.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1086 on: August 30, 2010, 03:52:30 pm »

I better do something about GS.

I attempt to draw out the Stone Spirit from GS. The Stone Spirit within GS tries to escape its cumbersome meat prison.

It is only fun for so long.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 30, 2010, 05:47:19 pm »

Attempt to manifest a sword of pure force that can obey my will.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 30, 2010, 09:03:55 pm »

Minor: Equip staff, unequip dagger. Activate frost armor.
Major: Make giant icicles stick out from frost armor. IM LIKE SHELLDER.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 30, 2010, 09:18:11 pm »

Wake up and work on a potion comprised of sharp root, allura, black lotus, and water, then bless then entire mix with the holy symbol and a prayer.  Have the potions intent to permanently sharpen and harden the blade of a weapon such that it would not be worn from striking armor and being damage from fighting demons, possible permanent poison effect if possible.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Om Nom Nom [Turn 52]
« Reply #1090 on: September 03, 2010, 12:43:41 am »

Does it seem like I have been neglecting this? Sorry, I probably have. Unfortunately, you can expect more of that in the future, with college starting up. I already find myself with little time to just sit on the forums like I used to, and classes haven't even started. I'll try to update at least once a week though, hopefully more.
Thanks for the scroll. We should probably do something about the wizard or something. I don't think he's completely hostile.

I use the scroll on myself, then strengthen my link with Cheddarius' soul, in an attempt to both stabilize it and glean some of its healing magic abilities.
I'll yell and politely ask the wizard if he would be so kind as to reveal himself.

You try to use the magic contained in the scroll to remove your plague. (6) You go overboard with it, but since there is only a limited amount of magic in the scroll, you can't really screw up the spell by pouring too much power into it. (Luck 2+1) The magic expunges part of the plague from your body, turning the plague into a normal disease that is much less dangerous. 

You then try to link your soul with Cheddarius. (6+3) You instantly bond with his soul. (Luck 6) In fact, you probably bonded a little too well; instead of stabilizing his soul and using some of his powers, it seems that you have actually absorbed his soul into your own. On the bright side, you know have access to a portion of his healing magic. On the dim side, there is now no chance at all of resurrecting him. (Luck 6) You suddenly panic, realizing that you have now crossed the line between binding souls to something like a corpse to utilize them, and consuming them entirely like the demons do.

+22 to Healing
+3 to Necromancy
+3 to Demonology
New Spell: Soul Feast
New Spell: Cure Minor Wounds
New Spell: Protect
New Spell: Hasten

I better do something about GS.

I attempt to draw out the Stone Spirit from GS. The Stone Spirit within GS tries to escape its cumbersome meat prison.

It is only fun for so long.
You attempt to extract your stone spirit. (2+3) You pull the spirit from the golem, (Luck 2+1) which seems to disorient the spirit.

+2 to Elementalism

Attempt to manifest a sword of pure force that can obey my will.

You try to refine your force stick into a force sword. (2+1) You create a force that can cut in a way, but it's a long cry from being a sword. (Luck 6) You do manage to refine this into a new spell that can probably be useful.

+2 to Metamagic
New Spell: Force Slash

Minor: Equip staff, unequip dagger. Activate frost armor.
Major: Make giant icicles stick out from frost armor. IM LIKE SHELLDER.

You try to surround yourself with ice (1+1) but only end up encasing yourself in ice again. (Luck 6) Your familiarity with your situation allows you to keep your cool and thaw yourself out.

Wake up and work on a potion comprised of sharp root, allura, black lotus, and water, then bless then entire mix with the holy symbol and a prayer.  Have the potions intent to permanently sharpen and harden the blade of a weapon such that it would not be worn from striking armor and being damage from fighting demons, possible permanent poison effect if possible.

You go to work on making another potion. (3+4) You mix several ingredients together to try and make a demon bane. (Luck 4) You create a magical potion that should be able to be absorbed into any weapon, creating a powerful weapon against demons. Knowing the rarity of the ingredients, you find it unlikely that you will be able to make a similar potion any time soon; it would be best to chose wisely, or even decide to save the potion for later when a more powerful weapon is found.

You also feel the last of your euphoria-induced mental clarity slip away from you, though you still retain some knowledge of what you learned.

+4 to Alchemy

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 03, 2010, 01:36:58 am »

I then attempt to coalesce a single casting of force bolt into a force pellet that explodes with great force when it cracks open.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1092 on: September 03, 2010, 07:40:13 am »

Standing around here gives me shivers. Find a way to ascend/descend this tower. GS heals him/itself and then any other in need of it.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 03, 2010, 10:29:47 am »

Ah! The knowledge! ... it's so ...

... Cheddarius ...

... It's what he would have wanted.

I'll heal Virroken, then follow Kin.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 03, 2010, 11:08:08 am »

can someone please de-curse me, i just realized I'm still cursed....?

See if I could possibly neutralize the trap crystals at the entrance and collect them.  Then move upwards with the group.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 120