Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 231029 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Om Nom Nom [Turn 52]
« Reply #1095 on: September 03, 2010, 01:05:35 pm »

So the healer is not only slain, but then has his soul eaten.

Nice teammates. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 03, 2010, 01:36:19 pm »

Awesome idea for the last battle guys. Everyone gives Nirur their soul, and he uses all consumables and buff spells on himself, turning into some kind of soul sucking super magic megazord, with all the players spells and skills...then, one on one duel to the death with the cyberdemon?

/discuss
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 03, 2010, 01:58:27 pm »

I want the old me's dagger, so I can use my hadeshorn brew on in and become the most powerful psychotic dagger-wielding alchemist in existence.
Nom nom nom

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 03, 2010, 02:25:08 pm »

Eat my soul, do eeeet.
NOT THE BEES!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 03, 2010, 03:19:15 pm »

Awesome idea for the last battle guys. Everyone gives Nirur their soul, and he uses all consumables and buff spells on himself, turning into some kind of soul sucking super magic megazord, with all the players spells and skills...then, one on one duel to the death with the cyberdemon?

/discuss

YES.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 03, 2010, 03:41:00 pm »

/discuss

YES.
+1

Also, uh, Continue trying to attach icicles and frosty spikes to armor.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: September 03, 2010, 03:49:51 pm »

I fail to see how knowing every low-powered spell my companions already know would benefit us, considering I'd still be casting one per round.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 03, 2010, 05:35:55 pm »

I fail to see how knowing every low-powered spell my companions already know would benefit us, considering I'd still be casting one per round.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 03, 2010, 06:27:12 pm »

Great willpower is great.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: September 03, 2010, 08:51:58 pm »

That's just with one soul. A solid diet of the screaming damned will do wonders for your limitless power.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 03, 2010, 09:30:55 pm »

But, but ... Okay, you talked me into it. You first, then Dwarmin's future character(s), then my teammates when I fail to heal them and they die.

Possibly some NPCs as well, but I might be better off just saving them for spell-powering sacrifices. If I can hurt myself spiritually to power spells, I can burn souls. Theoretically. (Really, I'd been hoping to use that to conduct a heroic sacrifice for a difficult and important battle, but the team's primary healer is not to be sacrificed in such a way. I'm sure that burning souls to power healing spells won't backfire at all.)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Tripping over your own feet. [Turn 53]
« Reply #1106 on: September 07, 2010, 10:31:47 am »

I then attempt to coalesce a single casting of force bolt into a force pellet that explodes with great force when it cracks open.
You continue experimenting with applications of liberal use of force. (5+1) You decide to try and emulate Kin's compression bomb with force, (Luck 6) and succeed in creating a small sphere of pressurized force energy, though it seems somewhat unstable. (Control 2) You accidentally trigger the bomb, which shreds your flesh and throws you against the wall.

+2 to Metamagic
New Spell: Force Grenade

I normally refrain from posting metainfo about my games, but at this moment I should probably mention that you have 1 flipping hitpoint left. If that damage roll was 1 higher, and/or you weren't wearing armor, you would be dead right now. Experimenting with unstable magic while already wounded is bad, mmkay?

Standing around here gives me shivers. Find a way to ascend/descend this tower. GS heals him/itself and then any other in need of it.
You begin looking for ways to reach the top of the tower. (3) You notice a hole in the ceiling. You decide to yell up to see if anything is there, and you get a reply from something with a gravelly voice "It's open. Come up." (Luck 1) You can't for the life of you figure out exactly how to get up, however.

Ah! The knowledge! ... it's so ...

... Cheddarius ...

... It's what he would have wanted.

I'll heal Virroken, then follow Kin.

You move over to heal Virroken (5+2) Your newfound knowledge of healing makes it easy to cast the spell, (Luck 2) but you don't quite have control over the different magic force needed for healing.

+1 to Healing

can someone please de-curse me, i just realized I'm still cursed....?

See if I could possibly neutralize the trap crystals at the entrance and collect them.  Then move upwards with the group.
You examine the crystals on the floor. (1) You fall over and land ontop of one. (Luck 1) It activates, and starts drawing energy from you. The floor at the center of the room moves a bit.

Also, uh, Continue trying to attach icicles and frosty spikes to armor.

Determined not to give up so easily, you focus on improving your armor. (5-1) You surround your armor with shards of ice, (Luck 2) which sort of just hang in the air and don't do anything special.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 07, 2010, 11:28:33 am »

Soul Feast Cure on Marcus.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 07, 2010, 02:53:22 pm »

ow... .can someone de-curse sometime, also I think we need to feed the crystals energy to open the stairs.

Back away from the stiars and try and focus healing magic on myself from prayer's to either heal myself or remove my curse.
Nom nom nom

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 07, 2010, 04:46:20 pm »

TEAM SHOULD MOVE FORWARD BEFORE RNG DECIDES TO BE NICE TO US.

Drop frost armor for now because steep -4 penalty is steep.
Learn how to form runes with very tightly controlled ice.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 120