Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 46

Author Topic: iPick [d5] 4/13 alive - Game over, citizen. Town wins.  (Read 91351 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: iPick [d1] 13/13 alive - WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
« Reply #330 on: March 11, 2010, 12:09:41 pm »

Purely self-preservation? Explain where I said that. Self-preservation has never been an important goal for me goal in this particular game.

Quote from: Nirur Torir
I parry your attack, and raise you a counterattack. Bold text is my own.
Lol.  Unvote SirBayer, vote Nirur Torir.And yet you vote for the same person he did.  Could you explain what makes you think he is bussing?

I must say, a Mafia game where there are secretly 4 mafias of 3 players each and a serial killer would be amusing.
And I guess this is a possibility from your perspective?  I'll give you a hint - it isn't a possibility from mine.
A "misunderstanding" and then twisting my words, trying to get me to incriminate myself.

After a while, another attack on me, only AFTER I ask for it:
6 hours until deadline. Looks like it's 4 on me, 3 on Dakarian, 2 on Bayer, and 2 on Diakron.

Leafsnail, I'm interested in your reasoning behind why your vote is on me. If you're going to lynch me, I want it to be because you want me lynched, not because you "forgot" to remove a pressure vote.
For things like this, funnily enough.  Posts that are about as close to "Plz unvote me" as you can get without saying it explicitly.  You asked a very similar question to ToonyMan.  And CK.  And SirBayer.  Hey, is that a full set?  Wow.  You also throw a mild attack on ToonyMan and diakron (doing nothing to follow it up) before going back to telling people to unvote you.

No, I purposely acted in such a way that made me easy to attack.
Also, this is bullshit.  There's no reason for town to do this.  Town should try to look town and, if they look scummy, explain their actions properly.  Only scum would invoke this stupid excuse.
ToonyMan did a much stronger "plz unvote me" statement, and to save himself. You never did show me where I asked Bayer to unvote me, or why you think town should focus on not dropping scum-tells.

You haven't scum-hunted yet. You've just ridden my bandwagon. I'll be happy to continue talking with you in dead-chat as your scumbuddies get summarily executed tomorrow, thanks to my actions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2010, 12:31:38 pm »

You haven't scum-hunted yet. You've just ridden my bandwagon. I'll be happy to continue talking with you in dead-chat as your scumbuddies get summarily executed tomorrow, thanks to my actions.

You think someone is going to listen to you after your death?  That never happens.  Especially when scum always lie to deceive and trick.

Quote from: Jokerman
Unvote SirBayBay, cause I'm voting Nirur  for this horrible bandwagoning and letting the scum totally go.
Pathetic reason. My vote was to help lynch somebody I feel is probably scum, and somebody who is dangerous at LyLo.

Do not let my sacrifice be for nothing.

I understand what you're saying, but at the moment you do appear the scummiest to me. I'm not going to back off just because you offer a counter - that would render the game kind of boring, you know? I genuinely think that you're the scummiest person right now.

That's not to say that I'm not listening to you. Your suspicions have been noted (and, for the most part, supported, as I think is obvious) by pretty much all of us. It's pretty clear where Day 2's FoS are going to be pointed (*coughDakariancough*).

In the meantime, die scum.

You're being really weird Jokerman, because, I don't know if you know, but asking for a shortening because you don't want to go on with the day kinda STIFFENS information that is pretty much needed for Mafia.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2010, 12:39:07 pm »

Arg, I step out and everything goes straight to hell, three more pages pop up, etc.

It's worse coming back to it than it is actually playing. :I

Anyway.

You don't want to lynch me?

Just..pressure....by not doing anything else?

Yeah OK

I'm gathering information.

No need to worry - or rather, definitely a need to worry.
...Why are you talking like this to the guy you want to kill?

Because why not? He's asking me questions and I'm answering them. That's what you do with questions, isn't it?

I need to do another sweep on this whole affair. I'm still not convinced Nirur's scum, but I did only skim the last few pages, so I need to go give it a bit more thorough reading.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2010, 12:47:33 pm »

You're being really weird Jokerman, because, I don't know if you know, but asking for a shortening because you don't want to go on with the day kinda STIFFENS information that is pretty much needed for Mafia.

I actually didn't know that. I'm just going with what the mentors said in Boot Camp, that if it seems the day is dragging on too long then you should try to get it ended. Can you explain what you meant by stiffen?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2010, 12:56:58 pm »

Any conversations going on stop.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 11, 2010, 01:04:46 pm »

Spoiler: MrPerson (click to show/hide)

On the matter of Nirur.

I really don't know what to think. I still lean towards not-scum, but I guess I'm going to find out.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 11, 2010, 01:38:31 pm »

I was under the impression people that went for breaking people only called sides after breaking people. Not sure when that changed. So, SirBayer, why does Nirur Torir appear town to you, and why aren't you fighting to save him if you think he's town? I'm bothered extremely by how passive you are about the guy you think is town getting lynched and the people you think are scum getting a free pass.

Webadict was not throwing out WIFOM. Stop trying to make it, it doesn't exist. Period. End of story. I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore.

SirBayer, trying to kill people via lynch is, in no way, scummy. I have no idea why you think that lynching people is evil and vile and whatever, but it's the whole point of the game. Pressure votes are one thing, sure, but voting a guy who has 3 other votes (including not unvoting, so this does mean you) sends a strong message that you want the player you're voting lynched. Either that or you don't care, but that's pretty easy to determine.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 11, 2010, 01:50:30 pm »

Purely self-preservation? Explain where I said that. Self-preservation has never been an important goal for me goal in this particular game.
Yeah, I have no idea where I got that idea from.
Quote from: What Nirur Torir Wrote
I know who I am, and I do not know who ToonyMan is. Ergo, it is logical to get him killed over myself.
Quote from: What Nirur Torir Obviously Meant
Getting a towny lynched today would be much better than getting a mafia member like myself lynched.  I don't really care who, but don't lynch me, ok?

Quote from: Leafsnail
Lol.  Unvote SirBayer, vote Nirur Torir.And yet you vote for the same person he did.  Could you explain what makes you think he is bussing?

I must say, a Mafia game where there are secretly 4 mafias of 3 players each and a serial killer would be amusing.
And I guess this is a possibility from your perspective?  I'll give you a hint - it isn't a possibility from mine.
A "misunderstanding" and then twisting my words, trying to get me to incriminate myself.
Actually, no.  The main part of that question was asking whether you thought SirBayer was bussing a partner, and if so, why.

You'd been doing the rounds telling everyone to unvote you.  If you can think of a town way of interpreting that I'd like to here it.

Also, this is bullshit.  There's no reason for town to do this.  Town should try to look town and, if they look scummy, explain their actions properly.  Only scum would invoke this stupid excuse.
ToonyMan did a much stronger "plz unvote me" statement, and to save himself. You never did show me where I asked Bayer to unvote me, or why you think town should focus on not dropping scum-tells.[/quote]
Bayer: Why do you continue to push me? I'm already at 5 votes, and you're the only one who has made a serious attempt at it.
And I didn't say town should avoid dropping tells.  I said trying to make yourself look like scum as town is stupid.

Well, if I haven't scumhunted, then I guess the scum has jumped right into my hands.  There is no pro-town explanation for what you're claiming to have done.  Nor is there any pro-towniness in lining up a lynch tomorrow on someone you are not even voting today.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2010, 02:07:17 pm »

Yeah, I have no idea where I got that idea from.
Quote from: What Nirur Torir Wrote
I know who I am, and I do not know who ToonyMan is. Ergo, it is logical to get him killed over myself.
Quote from: What Nirur Torir Obviously Meant
Getting a towny lynched today would be much better than getting a mafia member like myself lynched.  I don't really care who, but don't lynch me, ok?
Why are you trying to put words into my mouth?

Quote from: Leafsnail

Actually, no.  The main part of that question was asking whether you thought SirBayer was bussing a partner, and if so, why.
Interesting way of interpreting the bold words. Nice of you to clarify the first time I asked. OHWAIT

You'd been doing the rounds telling everyone to unvote you.  If you can think of a town way of interpreting that I'd like to here it.
I'd been telling people with unclear reasons for voting me to either find reasons worth lynching me for, and state them, or get out, hopefully forcing the scum to be less passive.

ToonyMan did a much stronger "plz unvote me" statement, and to save himself. You never did show me where I asked Bayer to unvote me, or why you think town should focus on not dropping scum-tells.
Bayer: Why do you continue to push me? I'm already at 5 votes, and you're the only one who has made a serious attempt at it.
And I didn't say town should avoid dropping tells.  I said trying to make yourself look like scum as town is stupid.[/quote]
Sure is, but that hasn't stopped it from netting me the scum.

Well, if I haven't scumhunted, then I guess the scum has jumped right into my hands.  There is no pro-town explanation for what you're claiming to have done.  Nor is there any pro-towniness in lining up a lynch tomorrow on someone you are not even voting today.
Why are you afraid of it, if I'm going to just flip scum?

Because you know I'll flip town, and are trying to discredit me.
We're done. I have what info I wanted; I see no reason to give you another day to weasel out of your death.
Hammer Vote Nirur Torir.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2010, 02:25:29 pm »

Well, I guess I need to reply later, Mr. Person - sorry.
Rules are for suckers.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2010, 07:57:10 pm »

Nirur Torir did not unvote. The day is still running.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2010, 07:58:49 pm »

Unvote ToonyMan. Vote Nirur Torir.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 11, 2010, 08:04:09 pm »

-.-

Nirur Torir gains a wild gleam in his eye. "I'll show you!" he shouts. "I'll show you all! They said I was spreading WIFOM, but wine is bad for you except in small quantities, here, I'll show you I meant what I said!"

He grabs for a gun on the table and, not finding one, grabs the whole table and bludgeons himself to death with it!

Nirur Torir, townie, has been moved to the Recycle Bin.

Nirur Torir - Townie, Jacob (Henriquez) de Castro Sarmento
  You are a Portuguese physician, naturalist, and poet. You are a medicinally talented individual and if you visit somebody at night, you can perform SCIENCE on them to save them from being killed. If they're killed. If they're not, you might get a bit overeager and accidentally perform a "medical misadventure" on them, though....

This player did not know his BOOSTed power.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:22:54 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: iPick n1] 12/13 alive - Dr SCIENCE down, need 1 replacement
« Reply #343 on: March 11, 2010, 11:29:17 pm »

Night ends 5 PM Saturday Pacific. We need a replacement for Vector ;~;
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: iPick n1] 12/13 alive - Dr SCIENCE down, need 1 replacement
« Reply #344 on: March 13, 2010, 08:18:37 pm »

In the morning, you are entirely unsurprised to come across a dead...

Cemetery?

Leafsnail, townie, has been moved to the Recycle Bin.

Leafsnail - Townie, Blackwood-Harwood Plantations Cemetery
  You are a historic cemetery. All players who die in this game are buried on your grounds, and as long as you are alive you may communicate freely with them. Once per game, you can can use your extensive experience with dead people to determine whether a particular string of uninterrupted words of any length is entirely truthful or not entirely truthful. Despite, y'know. Being a cemetery.
  You win when all scum are dead.

This player did not know his BOOSTed power.

Ignoring that a dying cemetery makes no sense, you bury Leafsnail in a cemetery and continue.

Day ends 5 PM Pacific on Tuesday.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 46