Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46

Author Topic: iPick [d5] 4/13 alive - Game over, citizen. Town wins.  (Read 91336 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: iPick [d1] 13/13 alive - WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
« Reply #270 on: March 10, 2010, 07:02:05 pm »

Bayer: Why do you continue to push me? I'm already at 5 votes, and you're the only one who has made a serious attempt at it.

Because you're not nervous. Because now you've failed to actually respond to my accusations or answer my question or do anything. Because you're trying to play it cool and you're not comfortable.
Why aren't I nervous? Because I'm right where I planned to be: Analyzing those who jumped on me when I painted a target on myself.

Evidence here! Wo-ho, buddy. Hitting enter, as you prove in this very same line, does not make you post. So you're nervous enough to try to explain away a post that might sound scummy with "posted before I meant to, sorry!" No. No, that isn't how the software works.
Yea. I intended to say post. I consider enter to be nearly synonymous with submit, it's a bad habit.

Extension.
To not-Bayer people:  I think Bayer's probably not scum. It would be so easy for him to just claim that he's certain I'm scum, yet he continues to try to break me, rather then just go for the kill.

Toony: The question was because you claimed both of us scum, and I was far closer to a lynch.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2010, 07:04:10 pm »

This came up in Pandar UPick as well with me and Cheeetar.

Why yes you are closer to lynch that's not going to make me go all SQUEE and bandwagon you, I want Webadict destroyed first.  I ain't no scummy guy jumping on trains.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2010, 07:04:45 pm »

Spoiler: getting too long (click to show/hide)

WARNING: SEVEN NEW POSTS

I'll reply once I've posted this.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2010, 07:06:14 pm »

Add another Extension to the pile.

Unvote Diakron because I am getting nowhere with you.

Toonyman. You have done nothing this game but act scummy. You're dismissive, passive, and have made no real attempts to find scum. If you are so sure of Nirur and Web than who is number 3?

Why yes you are closer to lynch that's not going to make me go all SQUEE and bandwagon you, I want Webadict destroyed first.  I ain't no scummy guy jumping on trains.
"I'm going to consciously avoid looking scummy durr."
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2010, 07:06:34 pm »

This came up in Pandar UPick as well with me and Cheeetar.

You're too afraid of being called out on bandwagoning to lynch a suspected scum who's likely to get lynched, instead going for somebody who is unlikely to be voted today, and not actually working towards getting Webadict lynched.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2010, 07:08:59 pm »

I don't have a #3 yet.

[colror=red]Unvote Webadict[/color].
Vote Nirur sure.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2010, 07:09:23 pm »

Unvote Webadict.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2010, 07:10:53 pm »

Yeah in UPick I was confused about this, I think I got it now.

I'll make sure to do this in the future, voting people that want to get lynched is fun.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 10, 2010, 07:14:29 pm »

Unvote Nirur.

Despite my hesitations, you seem rather calm in the face of a lynch, and like you're still working on scum-hunting. Not entirely sure about you, but since I can't seem to break you, no point in mucking about with my vote on you.

Only not voting Toonyman because I'm not sure where we are votes-wise and I don't want to accidentally hammer.

Toony... uh. Talk about reacting to criticism of your vote-strategy.

Vector, Eduren, Leafy or anyone else who knows Toony better than I do - is this normal behavior? I want at LEAST three difference sources so that I can be confident I'm not listening to a scumteam.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2010, 07:23:10 pm »

Unvote Nirur.

Despite my hesitations, you seem rather calm in the face of a lynch, and like you're still working on scum-hunting. Not entirely sure about you, but since I can't seem to break you, no point in mucking about with my vote on you.

Only not voting Toonyman because I'm not sure where we are votes-wise and I don't want to accidentally hammer.

Vector, Eduren, Leafy or anyone else who knows Toony better than I do - is this normal behavior? I want at LEAST three difference sources so that I can be confident I'm not listening to a scumteam.
I have no idea. He's physically unreadable, which is why I always kill him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 10, 2010, 07:28:41 pm »

Quote from: Webadict
Do you even know WHY you're asking for an Extension? You just are. The person you're voting for is currently up to be lynched, so it seems very pointless, wouldn't you agree?

You're assuming I'm lynching him for the sake of making him dead, which is a wonderful way to paint a scumtell on me that isn't there. So thanks for the WIFOM.

I know exactly why I'm asking for an extension.

Why are you so worried about getting scumtells painted on you?

Why the fuck ELSE would you vote for the guy who's going to get lynched? Pressure? He's already got enough pressure, there's no point. You can ask your question without voting the player.

And then you don't say the reason you're asking for an extension despite the fact Webadict specifically asked for you to say it.

Because I want to hear him talk. I THINK he's scum but I don't know it, and I'd like to KNOW it before he's dead. YOU taught me this, Webadict. YOU helped me learn in the Beginner's Mafias that this was what you did with scum, and YOU expect me to believe that you'll just turn around and drop that without some being-scum? No. No, I refuse to do that.
Again, why would you vote the player who's going to get lynched except to further their lynched-ness? It makes no sense. If 6 votes aren't going to panic them, why would 7 votes do any better? If they're already panic'd, you're free to just ask them questions, no pressure needed.

Unvote Nirur.

One thing I've found to be VERY consistant is that mafia players care a lot more about the votecount than townies. It's obvious that ToonyMan is nowhere near getting lynched. In fact, I think he has fewer votes than Nirur Torir right now.

Why the hell would you back off of Nirur Torir because you couldn't read him? If you can't read a player, ask more questions! Get information! Don't back off and go for another guy just because you can't read the first guy. That's literally quitting. What, do you think he's going to become easier to read tomorrow when he has little to no pressure on him?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 10, 2010, 07:32:32 pm »

I don't normally analyze his meta. But it seems that when he is town, he pushes people more. This time, hes not actually pushing it, not pressuring them. He's just faking aggression.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 10, 2010, 07:38:14 pm »

Quote from: Webadict
Do you even know WHY you're asking for an Extension? You just are. The person you're voting for is currently up to be lynched, so it seems very pointless, wouldn't you agree?

You're assuming I'm lynching him for the sake of making him dead, which is a wonderful way to paint a scumtell on me that isn't there. So thanks for the WIFOM.

I know exactly why I'm asking for an extension.

Why are you so worried about getting scumtells painted on you?

Why the fuck ELSE would you vote for the guy who's going to get lynched? Pressure? He's already got enough pressure, there's no point. You can ask your question without voting the player.

Mr.Person. I was one of the first people on him. I voted him to BREAK him. I've failed to do that. I WAS PRESSURING HIM. OTHERS VOTED TO KILL HIM.

I'm not worried about scumtells being painted on me, I'm worried about Webadict's WIFOM.

Quote from: MrPerson
And then you don't say the reason you're asking for an extension despite the fact Webadict specifically asked for you to say it.

No, see you're fucking blind. It's right there, right under the things you've quoted, and you're telling me it's not there?!

Bayer: Why do you continue to push me? I'm already at 5 votes, and you're the only one who has made a serious attempt at it.

Because you're not nervous.

Because I want to hear him talk. I THINK he's scum but I don't know it, and I'd like to KNOW it before he's dead. YOU taught me this, Webadict. YOU helped me learn in the Beginner's Mafias that this was what you did with scum, and YOU expect me to believe that you'll just turn around and drop that without some being-scum? No. No, I refuse to do that.

This entire thing is an exact explanation of why I asked for an extension. Precisely.

Again, why would you vote the player who's going to get lynched except to further their lynched-ness? It makes no sense. If 6 votes aren't going to panic them, why would 7 votes do any better? If they're already panic'd, you're free to just ask them questions, no pressure needed.[/quote]

See the part where I was one of the first people on him, if not THE first. I didn't add a vote, I was one of the first two. See for yourself.

Unvote Nirur.

One thing I've found to be VERY consistant is that mafia players care a lot more about the votecount than townies. It's obvious that ToonyMan is nowhere near getting lynched. In fact, I think he has fewer votes than Nirur Torir right now.

I didn't check the votecount. Lazy, but that's the facts. I'm not interested in accidentally hammering ToonyMan, so I didn't vote for him until I was more confident.

Why the hell would you back off of Nirur Torir because you couldn't read him? If you can't read a player, ask more questions! Get information! Don't back off and go for another guy just because you can't read the first guy. That's literally quitting. What, do you think he's going to become easier to read tomorrow when he has little to no pressure on him?

I think he's town. I'm not confident, but I think he is.

Why would I continue to vote for and pressure someone I think is town? That doesn't even make sense.

Eduren: I'm asking about the sudden change of vote-target. Is it normal for him to just follow someone else's suggestion on a vote-target?

Thinking about it: Since I've checked the vote-count and MrPerson is right, he's at like L-4 or something, Vote Toonyman.
Rules are for suckers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 10, 2010, 07:39:14 pm »

SirBayer is the #3 scum.

Hhaha, you're voting me because I don't have as much votes as you thought I had, that means you don't want to lynch me for some reason, funny that.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 10, 2010, 07:43:03 pm »

SirBayer is the #3 scum.

Hhaha, you're voting me because I don't have as much votes as you thought I had, that means you don't want to lynch me for some reason, funny that.

No, I don't want to lynch you.

I want you to feel uncomfortable, which as your panicked OMGUS shows, you are.

Now I wait for more input on your meta, which I don't know very well.
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46