Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46

Author Topic: iPick [d5] 4/13 alive - Game over, citizen. Town wins.  (Read 91394 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: iPick [d1] 13/13 alive - WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2010, 02:54:45 pm »

@Vector: What made you think there's 3 mafia members?
Why did you list a bunch of stuff I did as scummy, then say I was town?
I don't see how you think ToonyMan is scum. Too silly? For ToonyMan, that's literally the equivalent of a Too Townie Fallacy.
I also love how you attack Tehstefan for sidelining, then literally say "People, press this man harder." which is, you know, sidelining itself. Also, Tehstefan wasn't sidelining. He asked a legitimate question about one player's thoughts on another so as to generate conversation.

1. Pandarsenic told us there was 3 scum members.
2. Townies can be scummy.  I'm putting up the full results of my wide scan for others to use later, in case my judgment was incorrect and they can get something else out of what I noticed.
3. I can read Toony pretty effectively.  I like the part where you're guarding him, just like you did Pandarsenic in BYOR 2.
4. When Pandarsenic gets back from class, I will be dead.  So will Jokerman.  As such, yes, I'm giving you guys my advice for what y'all should do after my passing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2010, 03:08:07 pm »

OBJECTION! Vector just lied to me. He claims he thought there were 3 mafia members because Pandarsenic said so, which is true. However, Vector posted his list of 3 mafia members BEFORE Pandarsenic said there were 3 mafia members! He's lying about knowing why from Pandarsenic, so I can only assume he knew because HE HIMSELF IS A MAFIA MEMBER!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2010, 03:10:10 pm »

Quote from: SirBayer
Way to jump into the sky over something "minor". Hell, those points weren't good, but you leaping like a Mexican Jumping Bean was.
This is also suspicious, SirBayer.  You admit to having bad posts, but are using that as a way of strengthening your case due to an "overreaction".  Firstly, I'm not sure overreaction can ever be seen as a scumtell on webadict, and secondly, you aren't trying to back up this point, probably because webadict would demolish it if you did.  So, SirBayer - what is your actual case on webadict?  I'd like you to make it without reference to overreaction to bad points.

Oh, I get it, you didn't actually read anything I did after that, where I meticulously went over every single post and pushed him for scumminess.

Okay, well, come back to me when you have and we'll talk.
I have.  Your points did not improve.

Quote from: Mr.Person
Town Webadict is smart enough to know that "Lynch him then me" is ALWAYS bad.
He's done it to me twice in Paranormal.  I thus disagree with this statement :P.

Quote from: Nirur Torir
I parry your attack, and raise you a counterattack. Bold text is my own.
Lol.  Unvote SirBayer, vote Nirur Torir.And yet you vote for the same person he did.  Could you explain what makes you think he is bussing?

I must say, a Mafia game where there are secretly 4 mafias of 3 players each and a serial killer would be amusing.
And I guess this is a possibility from your perspective?  I'll give you a hint - it isn't a possibility from mine.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2010, 03:14:06 pm »

OBJECTION! Vector just lied to me. She claims she thought there were 3 mafia members because Pandarsenic said so, which is true. However, Vector posted her list of 3 mafia members BEFORE Pandarsenic said there were 3 mafia members! She's lying about knowing why from Pandarsenic, so I can only assume she knew because SHE HERSELF IS A MAFIA MEMBER!

Don't be a fool.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2010, 03:19:58 pm »

Extension

Unvote Leafy, it was for pressure.

Vote Diakron get in here scumbucket. You jumped on the webadict wagon with no justification, you have done no scumhunting and your posts stink of passivity.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2010, 03:28:53 pm »

SirBayer, I literally made a reply basically saying exactly what you've just said about Nirur Torir.

So I ninja'd you?

Leafy: Oh, okay. So you willfully choose to ignore THE PLETHORA OF EVIDENCE I HAVE BROUGHT UP, AND NONETHELESS ACCUSE ME OF HAVING NO CASE.

Stop it, scum-bucket.

I admit that I tend flop around during RVS. What of it?

I know that my own chances of reading Webadict are/were slim. All I felt I could do to help against him was add pressure, and try to analyze the more experienced players' readings of him.

Flip-flopping ever isn't good. It's scummy. You don't drop a vote for the sake of voting, you push, you push! You chase that person down unless you have reason to go for someone else, as in they're being horribly suspicious. You break people.

I'm a new player, and yet I just went head-on with Webby. No need to be afraid.

Quote from: Nirur
I can't see how any of this can be justified.
If you must know, I took Dakarian's advice to heart after reading the Boot Camp Mafia thread, and stopped caring about if my actions can be read as scum-tells.

Admirable, but scum-tells are scum-tells and scum make more scum-tells than town.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, in the end, I still think you're scum.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2010, 04:15:02 pm »

sorry FFXII break :D

I had a reason for voting him but it escapes me atm i'm so busy playing FF-13

As for mellowing out, i am on a mood stabilizer to prevent me from having a heart attack when i get mad my BP sky rockets to 180/92.. very not good when combine with a 130 bpm heartrate.

I find it funny that everyone is focused on JUST TWO PEOPLE when it is obvious that there has to be a scum that is helping this along...

break over back 2 FF
Back to Mafia with me!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2010, 04:18:03 pm »

As for mellowing out, i am on a mood stabilizer to prevent me from having a heart attack when i get mad my BP sky rockets to 180/92.. very not good when combine with a 130 bpm heartrate.

Fair enough.  Hope you come back to play with us at some point, however...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2010, 04:20:43 pm »

Leafy: Oh, okay. So you willfully choose to ignore THE PLETHORA OF EVIDENCE I HAVE BROUGHT UP, AND NONETHELESS ACCUSE ME OF HAVING NO CASE.
Your "evidence" is merely going through each post and saying that he's RVing, overdefensive or whatever.  It seems to contain little concrete evidence, and also seems to be merely an afterthought to you voting him.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2010, 04:28:32 pm »

I parry your attack, and raise you a counterattack. Bold text is my own.
Lol.  Unvote SirBayer, vote Nirur Torir.And yet you vote for the same person he did.  Could you explain what makes you think he is bussing?

I must say, a Mafia game where there are secretly 4 mafias of 3 players each and a serial killer would be amusing.
And I guess this is a possibility from your perspective?  I'll give you a hint - it isn't a possibility from mine.
I wasn't accusing him of bussing, please re-read for quotation marks.

Yes, the possibility of somebody creating a Mafia game without townies does exist from my perspective. Why doesn't it exist from yours?

Flip-flopping ever isn't good. It's scummy. You don't drop a vote for the sake of voting, you push, you push! You chase that person down unless you have reason to go for someone else, as in they're being horribly suspicious. You break people.
Then we have different objectives during RVS. Mine is to get the conversation started; votes facilitate that.

I'm a new player, and yet I just went head-on with Webby. No need to be afraid.
Yea, and I just rammed him head-first, giving myself a concussion to bruise him slightly. It was indeed surprisingly easy.

Admirable, but scum-tells are scum-tells and scum make more scum-tells than town.
Who's scummier: Somebody who joins a bandwagon to lynch somebody they feel is scum, or somebody who is afraid to join a bandwagon to lynch a suspected scum, afraid of being lynched themselves?

So, in the end, I still think you're scum.
Suit yourself, just don't blind yourself to the rest of the game with your suspicions of me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2010, 04:37:54 pm »

Yes, the possibility of somebody creating a Mafia game without townies does exist from my perspective. Why doesn't it exist from yours?
Because I am town.  On the other hand, from your perspective inside a scumteam/ as a Serial Killer, I suppose the scenario you outlined is possible.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2010, 04:42:35 pm »

Because I am town.  On the other hand, from your perspective inside a scumteam/ as a Serial Killer, I suppose the scenario you outlined is possible.
Nope, such a scenario is not possible for this particular game from my perspective. Are you done twisting my words yet?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2010, 04:47:54 pm »

So you just brought it up randomly and for no reason?  And with no context?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2010, 04:48:56 pm »

Goddammit, Panda needs to show up and get me deaded already :I

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2010, 04:50:19 pm »

Can we get a more recent vote count perhaps?

In any case, I am going to ask for an extension while i read over more posts.

To Leafsnail, my main reasons for thinking those are out of porportion is that they are rather weak tells to begin with, yet he seems convinced he's got them. His language is too strong. Besides,there are stronger targets in my opinion, so targeting him right now, seems rather silly.

Such as Diakron.The others have brought up good points, however, from my own experience of playing with you, you seem to be very mellow. Sure, you gave a good reason, but its still there.

Second, you seem to make very little content posts. While I tend to not post a lot, I also try and make every post actually matter. Seems like your trying to active lurk.

The buddying is definitely not helping you either, expound on why his points are good, don't just say they are.

Also, the bandwagoning is totally not helping. You're dropping tells all over the place, and not doing much to defend yourself.

So, What do you think of this whole Webadict-Dakarian thing, and why?

I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46