Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46

Author Topic: iPick [d5] 4/13 alive - Game over, citizen. Town wins.  (Read 91433 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: iPick [d1] 13/13 alive - WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2010, 11:01:58 am »

Sorry, I have been lurking.  I blame procrastination.  Every time it's "I'll post in this thread a little later"... eh.  Unvote diakron.

Quote from: tehstefan
Now, as for your own query back at me, my opinion is much similar. I think its not really a serious scumtell at all, however, it probably is better than just randomly voting around. However, I don't agree with his stance.
Fair enough - reasons, though?

Quote from: webadict
Angry stuff.
To be honest, this looks like town webadict to me.  Scum webadict is more mild, although there is the possibility of self-meta manipulation.  I don't really get run on sentences as a scumtell; they crop up in my writing all the time, and it's more a pandar-tell anyway.

Quote from: SirBayer
This is the same deal. It sounds hesitant, non-direct - which is just the sort of way scum feels. I see that Dak mentions all of this in his arguments, looking back over, but I still think it's rapidly approaching the significant level. Unvote Nirur Torir, vote Webadict. It's good enough for me, frankly.
Funnily enough, I think this quote applies a lot more to itself than it does to the thing SB was quoting.  He doesn't make a direct accusation, only saying that it feels like scum, and that it's "good enough" (for what?  A lynch?  Further examination?  A bandwagon?).

Way to jump into the sky over something "minor". Hell, those points weren't good, but you leaping like a Mexican Jumping Bean was.
This is also suspicious, SirBayer.  You admit to having bad posts, but are using that as a way of strengthening your case due to an "overreaction".  Firstly, I'm not sure overreaction can ever be seen as a scumtell on webadict, and secondly, you aren't trying to back up this point, probably because webadict would demolish it if you did.  So, SirBayer - what is your actual case on webadict?  I'd like you to make it without reference to overreaction to bad points.

Quote from: Nirur Torir
You did jump when it looked like Bayer was joining a bandwagon against you. According to General Mountainterror's Guide to Mafia, page 266, people getting overly wordy at being bandwagoned need to be bandwagoned further.
Nirur Torir, if you vote someone while SAYING it is just a bandwagonning vote, you aren't adding any pressure.  You're just trying to look active and appearing to do something.  And it looked suspiciously like you were distancing yourself from Bayer earlier.

Conclusion: Webby is either failing scum today or a jester.
Your case isn't nearly strong enough to justify such a conclusion and you know it.

Quote from: Diakron
Webadict what's the matter? did you get caught as scum and are panicking?
Lame accusation is lame.  Diakron, any real reasons?

Quote from: Eduren
For now, I want Leafsnail to get in here and find scum.
Well, if you want me to find scum, why are you voting me :/?

In summary - SirBayer and Nirur Torir look bad, and I see a connection.  Diakron's being extremely lame and possibly scum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2010, 11:04:03 am »

Scared of pressure-votes, hm?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2010, 11:19:35 am »

Quote from: Nirur Torir
You did jump when it looked like Bayer was joining a bandwagon against you. According to General Mountainterror's Guide to Mafia, page 266, people getting overly wordy at being bandwagoned need to be bandwagoned further.
Nirur Torir, if you vote someone while SAYING it is just a bandwagonning vote, you aren't adding any pressure.  You're just trying to look active and appearing to do something.  And it looked suspiciously like you were distancing yourself from Bayer earlier.
First off, Pandarsenic wants FoSs to remain uncolored.
I disagree with the bolded statement. Webadict was clearly annoyed by being voted with bad reasons. My vote also set him closer to a hammer, causing further frustration.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2010, 11:20:26 am »

Scared of pressure-votes, hm?
No.  Just find his logic (and reason for voting me) confusing.

And yeah, sorry.  I'll try and keep them uncoloured.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2010, 01:10:14 pm »

Way to jump into the sky over something "minor". Hell, those points weren't good, but you leaping like a Mexican Jumping Bean was.
This is also suspicious, SirBayer.  You admit to having bad posts, but are using that as a way of strengthening your case due to an "overreaction".  Firstly, I'm not sure overreaction can ever be seen as a scumtell on webadict, and secondly, you aren't trying to back up this point, probably because webadict would demolish it if you did.  So, SirBayer - what is your actual case on webadict?  I'd like you to make it without reference to overreaction to bad points.

Oh, I get it, you didn't actually read anything I did after that, where I meticulously went over every single post and pushed him for scumminess.

Okay, well, come back to me when you have and we'll talk.

Unvote Webadict. Vote Nirur Torir. Let's have a look at your posts.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2010, 01:14:55 pm »

Oh, I get it, you didn't actually read anything I did after that, where I meticulously went over every single post and pushed him for scumminess.

Okay, well, come back to me when you have and we'll talk.

Unvote Webadict. Vote Nirur Torir. Let's have a look at your posts.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Seriously, why are you even here, SirBayer?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2010, 01:30:49 pm »

SirBayer, I literally made a reply basically saying exactly what you've just said about Nirur Torir.

Things of note: Webadict's not on the town, but he's not a mafia member (AKA what Dakarian said). Town Webadict is smart enough to know that "Lynch him then me" is ALWAYS bad. Either a Jester or a Lyncher, I'd say. His claim sounds like the kind of thing you would give a Jester to make sure they don't get night killed, too.

I'm going to say Dakarian's town. No way would he jump off of Webadict (who's a really fucking easy lynch right now) if he was scum. Well, I guess I'd have to know Webadict's alignment. It could, after all, be a giant staged fight, but I seriously doubt that.

@Vector: What made you think there's 3 mafia members?
Why did you list a bunch of stuff I did as scummy, then say I was town?
I don't see how you think ToonyMan is scum. Too silly? For ToonyMan, that's literally the equivalent of a Too Townie Fallacy.
I also love how you attack Tehstefan for sidelining, then literally say "People, press this man harder." which is, you know, sidelining itself. Also, Tehstefan wasn't sidelining. He asked a legitimate question about one player's thoughts on another so as to generate conversation.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2010, 01:43:10 pm »

I admit that I tend flop around during RVS. What of it?

I know that my own chances of reading Webadict are/were slim. All I felt I could do to help against him was add pressure, and try to analyze the more experienced players' readings of him.

I can't see how any of this can be justified.
If you must know, I took Dakarian's advice to heart after reading the Boot Camp Mafia thread, and stopped caring about if my actions can be read as scum-tells.

I parry your attack, and raise you a counterattack. Bold text is my own.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2010, 01:49:55 pm »

SirBayer, I literally made a reply basically saying exactly what you've just said about Nirur Torir.

Things of note: Webadict's not on the town, but he's not a mafia member (AKA what Dakarian said). Town Webadict is smart enough to know that "Lynch him then me" is ALWAYS bad. Either a Jester or a Lyncher, I'd say. His claim sounds like the kind of thing you would give a Jester to make sure they don't get night killed, too.

I'm going to say Dakarian's town. No way would he jump off of Webadict (who's a really fucking easy lynch right now) if he was scum. Well, I guess I'd have to know Webadict's alignment. It could, after all, be a giant staged fight, but I seriously doubt that.

@Vector: What made you think there's 3 mafia members?
Why did you list a bunch of stuff I did as scummy, then say I was town?
I don't see how you think ToonyMan is scum. Too silly? For ToonyMan, that's literally the equivalent of a Too Townie Fallacy.
I also love how you attack Tehstefan for sidelining, then literally say "People, press this man harder." which is, you know, sidelining itself. Also, Tehstefan wasn't sidelining. He asked a legitimate question about one player's thoughts on another so as to generate conversation.
You're a straight-up moron.

So, I'm not Town but I'm not scum but clearly this could all be a staged fight but look at that it's probably not yeah definitely not maybe sorta kinda i don't know okay maybe i do but who the heck cares why am i still alive

dakarian is hardcore lurking to avoid a lynch. He backed off to look town, but he's leaving so many holes in his reasoning you could use it for a screen door. Now you're using some sort of catch-all argument to protect dakarian. It's like everything dakarian does is Giant Mountains Of Gold (GMOGs), and everything I do is Unholy Pits Of Destitution (UPODs). What is this, some sort of sick infatuation?

Vector? How about the part where Pandarsenic SAID THERE WERE THREE MAFIA MEMBERS?!? Are Townies now incapable of scumtells? I didn't realize! That means nobody is town, right? WOW, game over guys! We're all mafia! End the game now! GG LOL ROFLCOPTER.

Suck a lemon.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2010, 01:55:59 pm »

I must say, a Mafia game where there are secretly 4 mafias of 3 players each and a serial killer would be amusing.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2010, 02:02:28 pm »

So Webadict, why exactly are you freaking out so much and, more importantly, ANSWERING OTHER PEOPLE'S QUESTIONS?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2010, 02:04:07 pm »

So Webadict, why exactly are you freaking out so much and, more importantly, ANSWERING OTHER PEOPLE'S QUESTIONS?
Because you're doing nothing productive.

Oh wait, was that one for me or not?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2010, 02:05:55 pm »

No time to post. Just realized I forgot to request Extension.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2010, 02:07:08 pm »

Yeah, Webadct's being super-abrasive on purpose. He's also being non-helpful on purpose.

He's a Jester.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2010, 02:41:00 pm »

I am here, but I have to leave and won't be back until later.

You go suck a lime Webadict.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46