Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 15284 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2010, 10:02:46 pm »

PETA
This also.
No offense Taco, but non-trimmed quoting. Reminder/heads-up: Quotes usually have links attached to them so you can read from the source.

Plus, I think I speak for most forumites all over the place (and other forums) in these regards to posting/quoting.

BTW, for some odd reason "Fatal Attraction" is my first thought upon seeing PETA Comics Issue No. 1. And another stray thought: I wonder how PETA would react to Dwarf Fortress?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:05:29 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2010, 10:03:46 pm »

Similar to LASD, "fail."  The word has lost all grammatical meaning and no longer has any classification.  It's just a sound people make when someone falls down.

Quote from: Roger Ebert's Twitter Feed
"No Farrah Fawcett in the memorial tribute? Major fail."

Roger Ebert now uses fail as an interjective.  On his Twitter feed.  The concentrated lameness is as sweet as it is difficult to bear.

Hopefully that's two fads, and pet peeves of mine, killed with one jowly old stone.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2010, 10:06:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...is that rabbit full of orange juice? :o

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2010, 10:07:56 pm »

PETA
This also.
No offense Taco, but non-trimmed quoting. Reminder/heads-up: Quotes usually have links attached to them so you can read from the source.

Plus, I think I speak for most forumites all over the place (and other forums) in these regards to posting/quoting.

BTW, for some odd reason "Fatal Attraction" is my first thought upon seeing PETA Comics Issue No. 1. And another stray thought: I wonder how PETA would react to Dwarf Fortress?

It would be delicious.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2010, 10:18:21 pm »

PETA
This also.

It wasn't untrimmed, I took out the "The Host" part because I've never really heard about it. I was quoting the rest because I agree with everything else he said there.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2010, 10:19:15 pm »

People saying "outcast" instead of "cast out."  Irritating in the extreme.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2010, 10:21:57 pm »

PETA
This also.

It wasn't untrimmed, I took out the "The Host" part because I've never really heard about it. I was quoting the rest because I agree with everything else he said there.

the host is twilight with mary-sue aliens. just make Bella older and not-pale so moar PG action can occur. complete with irrelevant metaphors pertaining to geology for foreplay!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2010, 01:09:45 pm »

When I post without thinking about the post thoroughly or without my own approval. Whenever I do, it's like a demon inside me cringes in pain...
Also, when people think I'm being snippy even though I have a totally emotionless face and speak calmly. It happens to me a lot, for some reason.
Finally, people who are too logical. I argued with a friend over the logic of a trap on DnD. I felt it went on too long, so I tried to end it several times by saying "It's DnD, get over it!" but he would say "I know, but..." and continue. :\

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2010, 01:16:05 pm »

Heh, on the same note as Jack Bread's thing, but not a peeve, I love when people try to get into a shouting match with me.  I don't get into shouting matches, and I can tell that bothers people when they're trying to drown out someone who isn't yelling.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2010, 02:44:04 pm »

How people who are really/actually successful never take notes on their successes or failures in order to give proper advice. Every single person I had to ask advice for anything about always gave me the same advice in the same structure. They look like broken aesops on a broken record when you actually look into them enough.

Examples (paraphrased):
Dating-- Looks matter for everything
Work-- Looks matter for everything
Excercise-- Looks matter for everything
Social life-- Looks matter for everything

I think there's a pattern, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Make things worse, actually apply logic and successfully challenge bad advice, and you get in trouble for it. What the hell?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:45:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2010, 03:27:47 pm »

When I post without thinking about the post thoroughly or without my own approval. Whenever I do, it's like a demon inside me cringes in pain...
Also, when people think I'm being snippy even though I have a totally emotionless face and speak calmly. It happens to me a lot, for some reason.
Finally, people who are too logical. I argued with a friend over the logic of a trap on DnD. I felt it went on too long, so I tried to end it several times by saying "It's DnD, get over it!" but he would say "I know, but..." and continue. :\
You wouldn't get along well with me then. I have been banned from speaking during movies(not that I tend to pay any attention to said ban...) because I always over-analyze things. For example: When han solo describes the Millennium Falcon, he says that it "made the something-or-other run in less than some-number parsecs." Parsecs are a unit of distance, that's like saying it finished a 100 meter dash in 50 meters or something.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2010, 05:02:22 pm »

Nope, nope, nope.

The Kessel run goes right through a black hole, and you have to go around it.  The faster your ship, the closer you can come to the event horizon without being overcome by its gravity.  As a result, making it in 12 parsecs is indeed a feat.

If you really want to be overly analytical, try to figure out why the robots in the Matrix used humans as their fuel when they were more than capable of drilling down to the mantle and powering themselves on geothermal energy, which doesn't want to rebel and destroy them.
Shoes...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2010, 05:04:37 pm »

Because the robots still had an ingrained 3 laws*, making them chose the path with the least human lives lost.

*The matrix universes counterpart to the three laws.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:06:14 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2010, 05:08:36 pm »

Or maybe they're just assholes.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2010, 05:13:39 pm »

Nope, nope, nope.

The Kessel run goes right through a black hole, and you have to go around it.  The faster your ship, the closer you can come to the event horizon without being overcome by its gravity.  As a result, making it in 12 parsecs is indeed a feat.

If you really want to be overly analytical, try to figure out why the robots in the Matrix used humans as their fuel when they were more than capable of drilling down to the mantle and powering themselves on geothermal energy, which doesn't want to rebel and destroy them.

Originally, the plot was that the humans were used as part of a supercomputer, but this was rejected because it was worried that the audience "wouldn't get it".
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13