Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 15278 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2010, 08:06:10 pm »

*shudder* yech. They disgust me.

Also, Justin Bieber. I still think he's a castrato. and a girl. No offense to girls, though.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2010, 08:09:23 pm »

Yeah, apparently PETA kill the majority of the pets that come into their care, unlike most other similar animal homes.  Probably because they spend so much of their budget on publicity and causing trouble.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2010, 08:21:53 pm »

I honestly think some of these animal rights/environmentalist groups do more harm than good.

One of my pet peeves is people who abuse the emotes. 

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2010, 02:38:33 am »

People who berate you for being nice, like the people who take it as a personal insult if you hold a door open for them.

Goddammit, it's just common courtesy.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2010, 03:12:05 am »

Or, the opposite. I held the door open for an entire fucking movie theater. Presumably they thought I was the door-boy. Even if it was my job, you could have thanked me anyway, assholes.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2010, 09:55:47 am »

The "word" lulz. Eurgh. It's not even an abbreviation anymore. As if anyone has used 'lol' for anything than to express ironic amusement or (more commonly) as a substitute for a full stop.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 12:19:46 pm by LASD »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2010, 10:28:26 am »

Similar to LASD, "fail."  The word has lost all grammatical meaning and no longer has any classification.  It's just a sound people make when someone falls down.

On the lines of the door-holding thing, something I can't stand is that nagging unease a square white guy feels when he's around a black guy.  Not unease like "Is this guy going to steal something", that's awful.  Unease like "I hope I don't do something racist."  I know I'm not the only person who has this, I've seen people act on the unease before.  It only seems to happen around people I don't know, if I'm talking to a friend who is black I don't feel it.

The holding doors things reminded me because I was at college once and held a door open for a white lady, and just as I was about to shut the door a black girl came around the corner, and I shut the door because she was all the way over there and I'm not the doorboy.  Despite that, my inner monologue kept nagging me and calling me a racist.  Whatever, if my inner monologue wants to be consumed by white guilt it can do that on its own time, I'm getting a new monologue.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:33:19 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2010, 01:17:57 pm »

I've had alot of these "nice guy" issues myself (holding doors, be 100% respectful no matter what, and so on; even inner monologues on how people think of me, whereas the truth is, I'm invisible to them.). Fortunately for so many ungrateful people, I've learned to neutralize or sometimes outright ignore or banter with my inner monologue. Basically, do things if it seems courteous, but when things look clear, move on through with the rest of the lemmings. If they ignore the "Door-man" anyway, they won't care if he suddenly disappears amongst the crowd that goes through the door.

Basically, if you've done all sorts of nice things enough, you can use your experiences of disrespect to find timing slots to blend in with the crowd without anyone taking notice. Inner monologue be damned. You eventually learn to fight fire with fire. Anyone notices and complains; just explain the situation, they don't like it, not the first time getting blind-sided across the face.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:19:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2010, 02:37:19 pm »

Unfortunately, all my inner rage appears to have found an outlet.

Team fortress two's chat, i am forced to spam with obscenities.

Ah well...

Fooj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2010, 05:13:32 pm »

PETA, as it was mentioned.
Teutons and their town centers that can kill lumberjacks across a forest.
Gaming on wireless internet.
Public water sources.
Public pools.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2010, 06:08:52 pm »

I pretty much hate anyway that yells out "fail", "owned", "lol", etc.

I don't even like it when it's typed.  I find "fail" the worse though, it's such a douche move.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2010, 06:15:36 pm »

Those goddamn Phone dating adverts.

It's all a bloody con, but the adverts are full of Conventionally beautiful people prancing around, pretending to talk on phones.

GODDAMN they annoy me.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:18:16 pm by Jakkarra »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2010, 09:54:42 pm »

Call me a Grammar Nazi but... Spelling and grammar errors, especially if it's me who made the error. If I can't spell a word, I won't use it.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2010, 09:57:15 pm »

Those goddamn Phone dating adverts.

It's all a bloody con, but the adverts are full of Conventionally beautiful people prancing around, pretending to talk on phones.

GODDAMN they annoy me.
"Meet sexy singles in your town. Have some hot texting."

If I were to be conned, I'd like to at least hear a voice, not read a chat macro. Besides, sexy singles? In my town? I laugh at how ridiculous that prospect is. Besides, simple rule of reality: Single, Attractive, Mentally stable. Pick 2.

Even if there is the occasional attractive visitor or local, read above.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:58:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2010, 09:59:22 pm »

1. Twilight and its fans.
I don't like the book, never will. stop trying to shove it down my throat. I feel saddened by the sheer drop of quality in reading material these days...

3. Goddamned extremists. Of anything.
Be it religion, politics, video games or whatever, I. Don't. Give. A. Shit. I don't care that I'm not Neo-Baptist-whatever they call them these days. I don't want to throw out my 360 and get a PS3/Wii/Whatever! Why can't people have their own opinions?!

4. PETA
These bastards have a special place in my list. Why? They are hypocritical hatemongering people who think that we can live without meat, animal byproducts, or animal interaction. AT ALL. Remember I see them all the time, shoving fliers into my hands, fliers full of facts that they pulled out of their ass. Why can't i have a dog? I care for him! We love each other, and I don't 'enslave' him! PETArds, please, just LEAVE ME ALONE.

They handed these out to schoolkids. Mein Gott...
This also.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13