Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24432 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2010, 01:38:16 am »

Take the comms unit and suggest that the two of us (seeing as Himmelhand is not here right now) take the lift. Bounty hunters live on uncertainty!

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2010, 01:39:28 am »

ooc:if i use speech i will always put the " around it.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2010, 01:45:00 am »

Jack Higan: You walk around a bit shining a light up at the ceiling and searching for whatever you may have seen, but you find nothing. You begin to suspect it was your imagination, this is a pretty spooky ship and the silence is starting to get to you.

Marcus and Miria: You cross the hold and step into the dark cargo lift. The inside, like the rest of the hold, is spotless; as though someone had just given it a good cleaning. The only exception is the control panel for the lift, which looks as though it was recently shot at point blank range by a plasma weapon of some sort.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2010, 01:49:48 am »

Walk up and examine the control panel and try to identify what type of plasma weapon was used...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2010, 01:54:17 am »

Silhouette: Attempting to identify plasma weaponry.

Trait rating: 4
Roll: 4
Successful resolution.

You believe this damage was done not by a weapon but by a standard plasma torch, of the type used during construction. It is a fairly common tool, though this one may be a bit outdated. You can tell by the dirty cut and the incidental thermal damage that it's an old model, or one with faulty shielding.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2010, 02:05:12 am »

Marcus looks at the stranger peering at the control panel. He simply waltzed over to the cargo hold, ignoring the two of them, and just stared at the control panel.

"What's he doing?" Miria seemed amused at the strange man peering at the control panel.

"Guess he's just checking out what busted up the control panel." Marcus frowned, pulled a cigarette and lit it. In the dimmed environment of the cargo bay, his face was given an eerie look. Miria waved her hand in front of her face and frowned as well. She always hated the smell of Marcus's cigarettes.

(D'you mind if I give Miria dialogue?)
(Alright, so if it's busted, look for some way to fix it or to find an auxiliary path to the rest of the ship.)
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2010, 02:13:19 am »

Attempt to fix the control panel with scrap metal and omni-wrench.

(Also this is going to be weird with the situtation and what not...)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:15:10 am by silhouette »
---

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2010, 02:15:44 am »

(Sorry for missing out on the party everyone!)

"I'll sync up my comm with your guys' units so I can keep in touch."

Jackson fires flares around the cargo bay (not in a manner so as to provoke the other mercs) and keeps an eye out for anything lurking in the shadows.

"If we need to bust open the door, couldn't we find that plasma cutter?  There's more than one way to make a hole in a wall."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2010, 02:20:38 am »

Marcus nods, and sets out to search for the plasma cutter. Miria does so as well.

(Fine, I'll control Miria. ;D)
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2010, 02:21:47 am »

(D'you mind if I give Miria dialogue?)
I don't mind.
Attempt to fix the control panel with scrap metal and omni-wrench.
Trait rating: 5
Roll: 4
Successful.

Whoever did this was not very precise, or just didn't know what they were doing. Most of the damage is to the display. It looks very bad from the outside, but you manage to bypass the display and you have restored basic function to the panel, but you believe it will only take you one floor up, and with the display nonfunctional you don't know which deck that is.
(Sorry for missing out on the party everyone!)

"I'll sync up my comm with your guys' units so I can keep in touch."

Jackson fires flares around the cargo bay (not in a manner so as to provoke the other mercs) and keeps an eye out for anything lurking in the shadows.

"If we need to bust open the door, couldn't we find that plasma cutter?  There's more than one way to make a hole in a wall."

Jackson's flares cause the hold to be well lit, even if they cast eerie long shadows as they burn. They also reveal something covered by a tarp in one corner of the bay which you had missed until now due to the deep shadows.

Incidentally, it has begun to get colder. Instruments report that the temperature has dropped 7 degrees since you docked, and the air which was warm at first is becoming cool on your skin. You do not hear the humm of circulating air anywhere in the hold. Just silence and stillness.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2010, 02:22:18 am »

(Fine, I'll control Miria. ;D)
I figured it would be better that way, as you have a better idea of her personality and I have enough to deal with. :P

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2010, 02:26:45 am »

*Syncs comm*
"Hello jackson... I assume you havn't told your friend that i will be joining you?" Replied higan into the communications system in his suit, not bothering to turn his head to face the ones he was talking to as he was too buzy critisizing his handy work...

"Bah... It'll take us up one floor though i do not know which... Someone happen to have a hologram of this ship with them by coincidence?"

(OOC: RAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGG damn it people lol, keep posting and making me bounce back)
---

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2010, 02:30:46 am »

"Yeah, sorry about that.  Marcus, this is Jack, he's on our team.  Jack, come over here and cover this thing I found, I'm going to take a look at it."

Jackson makes sure the seal on his helmet is tight as he notices the temperature drop.  (Can I get pressure readings as well?  Is there atmosphere being vented?)

That taken care of, he moves towards the tarp cautiously, shotgun at the ready.

"Hey Phoenix!  Quit hiding, it's going to end badly for you one way or another, so you might as well go easy!"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2010, 02:33:10 am »

Miria shivers a bit, adjusting her flight suit. The body armor she wears doesn't do much to help stifle to rapidly cooling air. She sees Marcus at the other end of the bay, searching for the plasma cutter. She sees the strange object covered in the tarp and decides to take a peek.

Marcus acknowledges the addition to their team with a grunt and continues to search.

Higan hears Miria's cheerful voice in the earpiece. "Don't mind Marcus, he's usually like this."
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2010, 02:37:59 am »

(Can I get pressure readings as well?  Is there atmosphere being vented?)
The pressure remains a steady 1 atmosphere.
Marcus nods, and sets out to search for the plasma cutter. Miria does so as well.
You find a plasma cutter of the type in the maintenance area, though it is still in its packaging and doesn't look like it has been used.
Miria shivers a bit, adjusting her flight suit. The body armor she wears doesn't do much to help stifle to rapidly cooling air. She sees Marcus at the other end of the bay, searching for the plasma cutter. She sees the strange object covered in the tarp and decides to take a peek.
She peeks beneath the tarp and then screams, backing away quickly... "Its... they're... They're dead!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28