Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24393 times)

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2010, 06:43:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A week out of the last frontier world, the crew's bounty has been running out of time. They have been slowly gaining space on him, and could eventually out-last the smaller craft's diminishing supplies. And now..

another active heat source.. ..active sensor sweep
Joe curses, and shouts 'Josh..get up here! Jed..You have fire con.' then immediately throws the Wolf's Teeth through a series of evasives, speeding toward the colony ship. He visually scans the structure for Phoenix's ship. 'We've been noticed, and we aren't alone: 48320 by 130! .. what can you see?'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2010, 06:54:16 pm »

Alright. Instruct Miria to cautiously approach the CSS Roanoke, with an emphasis on CAUTION. also, attempt to contact the other ship. Forewarn her to arm the missiles and laser cannons, just in case.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2010, 06:55:16 pm »

A quick visual scan of the colony ship reveals the following:

The colony ship is completely dark. Even the running lights, which run off of an independent power supply, are no longer on. You see what you believe are a few external airlock doors, as well as a pair of large cargo bay doors along the bottom of the ship. There is no outward sign of a ship docked to the CSS Roanoke, but from what you know of Phoenix's ship it would be small enough to dock in the cargo bay.

Contact between ships can be handled by you guys as there are no external influences on communication, ie jamming and the like.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2010, 07:03:56 pm »

Approach the roanoke and attempt to go to the cargo bay. Whilst this is happening, open comms link and say this:

"This is the Black Knight, callsign Bravo Kilo Alpha. Unidentified Aircraft, please identify yourself.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2010, 09:16:08 pm »

Jedidiah grabs the fire control.. he says through clenched teeth.  "Damn, competition?  Lets dock this puppy and get where we can do something about it."  <Jed strokes the carbon fiber alloy of his XB-49> "The money is on the ship.. the BIG one..  ignore the gnat." 

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2010, 09:20:19 pm »

"They're not responding."

"Alright. Miria, find a good place for us to dock, preferrably away from our competition. Keep a lock on them, just in case."
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2010, 09:52:54 pm »

Quote from: Yarnspinner
"Damn, competition?  Lets dock this puppy and get where we can do something about it." .. "The money is on the ship.. the BIG one..  ignore the gnat."

'I could not agree more.'  Joe swings the 'Teeth in close and sets down over the airlock closest to what he figures is the Roanoke's bridge, and engages her magnetic lock.

'If they want a race, so be it. It's time to bag our paycheck boys.'  Joe quickly sets the sensors to alert his PDA if any craft launch, then grabs his gear and sets off to their own 'lock.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:57:49 pm by Dyjeccu »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2010, 10:19:26 pm »

Tell Miria to swoop in with her mad piloting skills. Don't engage, don't act aggressively aside from racing to the Roanoke. engage a magnetic lock on the auxiliary bay and prepare to disembark.

Hey himmeldand, can i have some concussion grenades and some stun 'nades? I would like to have some handy...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2010, 12:03:59 am »

(Is there warp or hyperspace/speed in this time period? Posting as if there is...)

A blue orb appears next to marcus smiths ship, it then grows to reach a size a bit smaller than the ship, and the silhouette of a customized space ship apears in the blue orb, quickly materializing then was spewed forth beside smiths ship.

"Got caught up in some problems back on that planet... Damn pirates..." Greeted higan from his spacecraft.
"I hope you don't mind me flying my own, i just find it... a little safer... "He explained.
"It also helps if one of them has a malfunction and we need a backup, by the way, do we know them over there?" Asked higan as he commanded his AI to follow and perform the same maneuvors as Smiths ship.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 12:34:37 am by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2010, 12:07:28 am »

(Well my nades were made for the grenade launcher, actually.  I'm sure we could jury-rig something.)

"Let's hit the bay and see if he's cowering in his ship.  If the other team's going for the front, we'll just have to bet on him being aft if we don't want trouble.  Get breaching charges ready in case we can't open that door normally, and everyone be ready for shooters on the other side."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2010, 12:14:16 am »

Miria agrees with Cartwright, so Marcus simply goes along with it. They make for the aft cargo bay, avoiding the other ship. Strap on weapons and armor and prepare to disembark.

(oh I didn't know they were for the 'nade launcher. Silly me  ;D)
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2010, 12:47:41 am »

((...
I had things to do...
So we're inside the ship, right?))
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2010, 12:54:02 am »

since we've docked already, have Miria suit up in her EVA suit, just in case we encounter an unfriendly environment, and prepare to open ze airlock and venture into the aft cargo bay.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2010, 10:24:27 pm »

Sorry! I was delayed and unable to get to the computer. I'll update now.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2010, 10:26:11 pm »

*is excited*
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28