Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24401 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2010, 10:32:10 pm »

(Is there warp or hyperspace/speed in this time period? Posting as if there is...)
Sure why not?

So you're both attempting to dock? Despite the ship looking dark and deserted, the cargo docks open readily when your computer asks them to. Inside the forward dock is another ship, a small, unarmed, mid-range transport of modern manufacture which the computer identifies as the ship Phoenix stole. The rear cargo dock is mostly empty, aside from a few spares and tools racked in a maintenance area off to one side. Both rooms are immaculately clean and, when the cargo doors close, fill with breathable warm air.

Automated fueling booms extend from the ceiling on long arms and rotate to mate with both ships, and begin refueling the onboard fuel cells. There are no lights in the cavernous cargo hold except what you bring with you. You can each see the other team's ship at the far end of the hold, as it is one large space which runs the length of the ship's underbelly. There is a cargo lift in the center which looks as if it will take you up to the main deck.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2010, 10:32:48 pm »

Okay. I'll be around for several hours as well so I can update right away. :)

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2010, 12:09:35 am »

We need a third party so it can be a Mexican standoff.  Right off the bat.

Is there gravity?  Does this society have artificial gravity?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2010, 12:40:22 am »

Ah, sorry. Yes, the ship has functioning artificial gravity.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2010, 12:49:27 am »

Himmel, I suggest we get ready to fight off any nasties... I have a bad feeling about this place. *cocks rifle*
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2010, 12:50:57 am »

At this point you guys can RP a meeting between the two teams, explore the ship separately, or whatever else you decide. I'm nocturnal, usually going to sleep around 11am, so I'll be around to update as needed or to start the first scene if you guys progress.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2010, 12:53:38 am »

Alright, let's just disembark. I tell Miria to stay with the ship and keep in contact with us.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2010, 01:03:45 am »

As you climb out of your ship and the engine noise dies, an oppressive silence descends upon you broken only by your echoing footsteps. The dark cargo bay looms about you, a huge enclosed space lit only by your ship's floodlights, and long shadows stretch. To one side you see a few neatly stacked cargo containers, and the ceiling boasts an impressive cargo handling system with automated robotic armatures which could reach any part of the hold. Also, as mentioned before, there is a small maintenance area along one wall with tool bins and diagnostic equipment. From where you are standing it is hard to tell, but everything there looks shiny and new. In fact you can see that some items are still in their original packaging, as though never disturbed once loaded aboard the ship.

The ship, and your suits, report pure breathable air. In case you were curious. No biological contaminants, no toxins, etc.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2010, 01:11:43 am »

Alright... so it seems safe. Tell Miria to come on out and come with us. Have her operate the diagnostic equipment, to check on the status of the ship, etc. I'll look for a way deeper into the ship.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2010, 01:20:55 am »

As you begin to walk away from the ship you pause for a moment, you're almost certain you just saw something move in the shadowed ceiling of the hold. Was it a cargo armature? Was it your imagination? You're uncertain, and playing a light up there now reveals no motion.

As stated, the only visible way out of the cargo hold is a cargo lift in the center of the hold. It is directly between your ship and the other team's ship. (Did you guys ever settle on names for your Bounty Hunter groups by the way?)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2010, 01:22:48 am »

Alright... go back to Miria and ask how the diagnostics is going.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2010, 01:25:28 am »

Look around some more and try to find the movement again... You dont want to be ambushed again...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2010, 01:30:02 am »

(Do you want me to play Miria Acanthus? I was going to let you do that, so long as you keep in mind that she's an npc and not a player character and thus does not enjoy the plot immunity that players have.)

(Silhouette, are you saying your character is doing this or are you telling Acanthus's to do so? Please post in a narrative so it's clear whether you're acting or speaking.)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2010, 01:33:06 am »

I'll let you play as Miria.

If you need to know, these are her skills:
5- Interfacing with the computers on ships (navigation, diagnostics, etc.)
4- Piloting smaller craft
3- Pistol Usage
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2010, 01:36:23 am »

Miria calls back down the ship's ramp, "Ship checks out, everything in the green. The fuel display was acting funny for a minute, must have been a glitch. Its reading now, looks like the automated systems topped us off. Kind of em."

She comes walking down the ramp holding three personal comms, small earpieces with mic booms which extend along the jaw. "Here, in case we get split up we can use these."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28