Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96606 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a flaker, and the game is over
« Reply #570 on: April 01, 2010, 02:31:36 am »

Ergo, I told ya.

Good for you.  I just broke up with my boyfriend.
WAIT WHAT?

What happened?!?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 01, 2010, 02:35:54 am »

Ergo, I told ya.

WAIT WHAT?

What happened?!?

SEE ABOVE YOU IDIOT.  I have two friends and one is the dude and one is the dude's brother, so I'm feeling SLIGHTLY TERRIBLE at the moment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 01, 2010, 02:38:46 am »

Ergo, I told ya.

WAIT WHAT?

What happened?!?

SEE ABOVE YOU IDIOT.  I have two friends and one is the dude and one is the dude's brother, so I'm feeling SLIGHTLY TERRIBLE at the moment.
Right, I can understand why that would be a stressful situation to be in. I believe you need to release more anger. I can tell you're holding back.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 01, 2010, 02:49:29 am »

I am probably also bipolar.  Found out on Friday.

I am probably also not leaving the forums.  There is no good reason to do that, but my kneejerk reaction is to wall myself off (will not do that, since I recently discovered that I become suicidal when I have no one to talk to).  I am just somewhat crazy at the moment.  I may just finish the story so that I have something to do.  I need something to do other than problem sets since I don't have any friends here and don't want to talk to either of those two for the next bit.  He took up a lot of time, but now he's gone I'll have a lot of time for projects and so on.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 01, 2010, 03:10:06 am »

I am probably also bipolar.  Found out on Friday.

I am probably also not leaving the forums.  There is no good reason to do that, but my kneejerk reaction is to wall myself off (will not do that, since I recently discovered that I become suicidal when I have no one to talk to).  I am just somewhat crazy at the moment.  I may just finish the story so that I have something to do.  I need something to do other than problem sets since I don't have any friends here and don't want to talk to either of those two for the next bit.  He took up a lot of time, but now he's gone I'll have a lot of time for projects and so on.
Firstly, glad you're staying, as are several other members.

Skip that. Firstly, remind yourself that everything is going to be okay. Because it is. The Universe tends to work itself out. We flow through Its life stream, little water droplets that we are. We collide, move, stop, separate, and merge. But, that's just what I feel.

Don't feel like there's no one there. There's always someone. Even strangers (Heck, it's 3 AM and I'm worried for you.) Just remember that, and you'll feel at least half-better.

Now secondly, it is frustrating to be manic-depressive. But, you're not crazy. You're nowhere near crazy. You're just upset. And you have a right to be.

Thirdly, do you have any hobbies or time for relaxation? Or do you do problem sets day in and day out?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 01, 2010, 03:21:51 am »

;_;

I'm sorry, Vector. Er, I would be sorry if I were responsible for that?

However that works. I am disappointed with reality. There.

Also, being bipolar... I don't know firsthand how bad it is, but I know secondhand - one of my close friends in high school is bipolar, and she... well, she had an episode during class one day, basically. She's stable on her prescription now, has published a book (in her freshman year at the college I wanted to go to) and is one of my greatest inspirations. You're not crazy, unless you count being crazy-awesome.

And what Webadict said is right. We may be hostile and overly aggressive jackasses within Mafia games, but you're One Of Us; we're concerned for you and we're here for you in whatever small capacity we can be.

And yes, I too am glad you've decided to stay with us. Like I said in iPick, there would be a mathematician-shaped hole in this forum without you. :c
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 01, 2010, 03:30:49 am »

;_;

Also, being bipolar... I don't know firsthand how bad it is, but I know secondhand - one of my close friends in high school is bipolar, and she... well, she had an episode during class one day, basically. She's stable on her prescription now, has published a book (in her freshman year at the college I wanted to go to) and is one of my greatest inspirations. You're not crazy, unless you count being crazy-awesome.

And what Webadict said is right. We may be hostile and overly aggressive jackasses within Mafia games, but you're One Of Us; we're concerned for you and we're here for you in whatever small capacity we can be.

And yes, I too am glad you've decided to stay with us. Like I said in iPick, there would be a mathematician-shaped hole in this forum without you. :c
Is it wrong of me to think of several hooded figures in a circle chanting, "One Of Us," over and over again?

But, yeah. This and more.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 01, 2010, 03:39:36 am »

It's not wrong, save for that that is the very image I had in my mind when I wrote it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 01, 2010, 03:44:07 am »

Firstly, glad you're staying, as are several other members.
QFT.

And the awesomest people are crazy. No friend of mine is normal. Blegh, normal people. Ptoooy, I spit on normal people!

Sorry for your.. loss? Or happy? Never know whether to congratulate or feel sorry when people break up or get married if I don't know them. In this case sorry, I guess. I'm really not good at this and am going to stop talking now before I say something really stupid. ::)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 01, 2010, 10:19:09 am »

1) Game being over: I feel like an idiot, but at least I lost on my own merit. Glyph, you are a worthy opponent. Also, thanks for running this, Vector, and for taking the time to finish it in whatever form you could. It's not something to appologize for, since it was a lot of fun to play, and was fun to read in whatever state of completion.

2) On a related, but broader note:
We're wired to feel dissapointment about what we can't do, or what isn't or wont be. We are designed to dislike not reaching the goals we set, and feel like shit when we loose something. However, our biological wiring hasn't caught up with the rapid pace of our social evolution, and oftentimes what would be perfectly viable traits for survival in a wilderness environment are damaging to us in the world in which we now live.

Oftentimes, this biological drive to not give something up, or reassess priorities contradicts our self-interests, especially when the time and energy we are putting into a thing is detracting from time or energy that could be spent elsewhere, on things that are better for, or more important to us. However, we are gifted with an analytical intelligence that lets us assess when something is more harmful to us to do or to have than it would be to give up.

Your logic is the pilot, and your feelings are the instruments. The instruments help to tell us about conditions in the outside world, and predict what might happen if we do something, but it's up to the pilot to make decisions about how to fly.

...anyway, I'm glad you were able to do what you could on this. If you decide to write more, I'd definitely not mind the read, but don't push yourself to do it. Just focus on looking forward rather than back; I'm sure there will be many other things for you to put your mind, time, and energy into in the future. One step in front of the other.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 05, 2010, 11:24:44 am »

;_;

Is it wrong of me to think of several hooded figures in a circle chanting, "One Of Us," over and over again?

But, yeah. This and more.

God, Panda, we create cults everywhere we go.

Or rather... Panda, Panda. You create cults everywhere you go.

Anyhow, Vector, I don't have second-hand experience with bipolarity, but I do have family members (read: every single sibling I have) who have similar mental conditions (depression in most of 'em) and I do know that it's tough for them sans medication. So, uh, I guess the point of this is take your pills or whatever.

Haha, no, the point is that we do care. Even, as Webadict said, random strangers on the internet do give a care, a lot of care. We would hate to see you go.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 05, 2010, 11:31:24 am »

Oh wow, I didn't even notice what happened in this thread.

And yes Vector, random people on the internet do care.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 05, 2010, 04:25:41 pm »

Or rather... Panda, Panda. You create cults everywhere you go.

I'm talented.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 11, 2010, 01:49:55 pm »

Bleh.  I was going to write up a nice, long response to all of you, and then I had to withdraw from university because I was being too crazy.

So!  Now that I am somewhat more stable, I will say only this: I have a lot of free time, suddenly, and a couple days of that free time shall be dedicated to finishing this story.  Yes, it shall be finished, and I shall post all the PMs and the chats and all that wonderful stuff.  There will also be extensive literary analysis for anyone who wants it.

Let us cheer!  Three cheers for increased sanity!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 11, 2010, 01:52:52 pm »

Bleh.  I was going to write up a nice, long response to all of you, and then I had to withdraw from university because I was being too crazy.
Temporarily, I hope?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44