Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96455 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX: Sunrise
« Reply #645 on: August 15, 2010, 06:47:40 am »

*repeat of all praise here, as it's all true*

When you do decide to run another like this, please count me in!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 15, 2010, 11:31:28 am »

9 months or so.

I'm pregnant with tropes.

Make a big and beautiful baby, Pandar :3  We'll love it even if its face would make a gargoyle cry.

I don't usually read mafia games; I much prefer meta-discussion about the games themselves. The analysis of how and why people acted the way they did fascinates me.

This game, however, I read with the intention of familiarizing myself with the participants of Pandarsenic's Trope Mafia, though soon I found myself utterly enrapt in the flavor you've written. The characters and their backstories were of such quality that I read the entire thread in a single sitting. I suspect it's due to the procedural nature of the tale -- from the outset, neither the players nor the writer knew the outcome; the descriptions of the lynchings in particular, while gruesome at times (and necessarily so!) crawled beneath my skin and the imagery they evoke is truly haunting. I rather hope I'll be able to write as well as you do someday, and I eagerly await your next venture.

*repeat of all praise here, as it's all true*

When you do decide to run another like this, please count me in!

Thanks so much, you guys.  I'll remember your words when it comes time to run the next one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 15, 2010, 02:38:21 pm »

Finally done reading it all.  Glorious.  I really lack the words to describe my admiration of what you've put together here, and my appreciation of the time you spent on it.  Thank you for running it, and thank you for finishing it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 19, 2010, 03:06:54 pm »

absolutely. i'm sooooooo glad that this got bumped, reading it was a complete wonder. vector... you can bring the words every bit as well as you can bring the numbers, if you know what i'm saying. this is fantastic, thrilling stuff, all the more special because you took the pace of the game, and used it to give real life to your (already astutely crafted) characters. and that you managed to do it so quickly... yeah, that's pretty awesome. pretty. damn. awesome.

write that book. i want to read it :D

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 19, 2010, 03:08:16 pm »

also, this needs some manner of preservation. sticky for great justice, anyone?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 19, 2010, 03:35:56 pm »

I frickin' love you guys, seriously.

Do we want to make some sort of archive of "notable games?"  I was thinking it might be a nice addition to the subforum--just a list of games that were particularly awesome for some reason or another, whether it be mechanics, flavor, or particularly amusing gambits.  It'd be a good introduction for newbies into who we are and what we do here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 19, 2010, 03:37:29 pm »

that would hit the spot, yeah. assuming there's enough games to go 'round :p

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 19, 2010, 03:42:39 pm »

that would hit the spot, yeah. assuming there's enough games to go 'round :p

I'm pretty sure there is... I'll go make a thread to see what people want to nominate, and then I suppose I'll throw them at the bottom of the Signboard or somesuch.

Of course, then my crazy will be preserved for all posterity, but... whatever.  Who cares >_>

Aaaaand... Here's the link.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:24:09 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]