Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Started my own village.  (Read 4428 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Started my own village.
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 04:36:13 pm »

How's the weather where you are?  'Cause we're all fucked down here.  The snow would be bad anywhere, but it's mostly our own incompetence.  Except for me of course, I know snow just fine.

Spoiler: My front yard (click to show/hide)

What I don't know is why my camera was taking crap pictures.  Oh well.

If past weather trends are any indication, whatever the precipitation is on the Lower Plains will turn 218% more Hellish (on the Al Roker Scale) by the time it reaches the upper East Coast.  For those of you living there, I apologize in advance for the 36 feet of snow coming your way.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 04:53:29 pm »

Wow thats worse than my DSi!

ANyway where do you live and what is that first picture of?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 06:02:49 pm »

ANyway where do you live?
'Tejas' means 'Texas.'

what is that first picture of?
It would appear to me to be a smiley face possibly in the shape of Texas.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 06:11:29 pm »

It was supposed to be an ANSI standard digitized smiley face, but snow isn't a great medium for me.

Today is supposed to be one of the worst snowfalls the Dallas region has seen, if not the new record for worst ever.  And yet all the schools were still open today, because it was only 34 degrees instead of officially freezing.  So I still had to trek my way across town to campus, only to find none of the professors showed up.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 07:06:52 pm »

Alas, the village of DukeLand has crumbled to its end after another snowfall blocked the entrances and collapsed the rooms. Thankfully the entire population was resting within this relief house when it happened. We are currently digging out the possessions of the victims, trying to help them get back on their feet.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 07:34:15 pm »

It was supposed to be an ANSI standard digitized smiley face, but snow isn't a great medium for me.

Today is supposed to be one of the worst snowfalls the Dallas region has seen, if not the new record for worst ever.  And yet all the schools were still open today, because it was only 34 degrees instead of officially freezing.  So I still had to trek my way across town to campus, only to find none of the professors showed up.

Ah yes new record. Heard on the news.

I have no updates today, but maybe tomorrow we shall have a meeting to discuss penalty's for breaking the law.

Alas, the village of DukeLand has crumbled to its end after another snowfall blocked the entrances and collapsed the rooms. Thankfully the entire population was resting within this relief house when it happened. We are currently digging out the possessions of the victims, trying to help them get back on their feet.
Tetreis be damned! We would send relief aid if we had the ability! Are you sure it has all collapsed?
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 07:56:16 pm »

It is all gone. One could dig out the mounds of snow-rubble, but the previous villagers have decided to make this relief house a permanent residence. I shall attempt colonizing this land next year, when the snows return and immigrants are interested.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 07:59:17 pm »

I shall attempt colonizing this land next year, when the snows return and immigrants are interested.

Next year?  Did you not see my blurry pictures of Texas?  You think that shit is settling in an RV park here?  I'll give you three guesses where it's going.  Here's a hint, you'll get your next colonization chance very soon.  It might even become your new home.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 08:03:26 pm »

I shall attempt colonizing this land next year, when the snows return and immigrants are interested.

Next year?  Did you not see my blurry pictures of Texas?  You think that shit is settling in an RV park here?  I'll give you three guesses where it's going.  Here's a hint, you'll get your next colonization chance very soon.  It might even become your new home.
Does this mean you are or are not moving there? Or what?
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Desiderium

• Bay Watcher
  • [SELECT_SYMBOL:UNTOWARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 03:53:50 am »

This thread is mildly amusing, and very relevant to my interests. Continue good people, for I have not had the chance to partake in such adventures myself, as the sky hasn't blessed the surrounding lands with sufficient white powder to construct an establishment for quite some time now.

But trust in me when I say this; I shall commence efforts to establish a fine mountainhome and Depot when the damn worldgen parameters begin working in my favor. And according to Aqizzar, such a time seems to be rather close at hand.

Urist McWounded has created a microcline bucket, on the bucket is an image of Urist, Urist is surrounded by the dwarves, Urist is wasting away, The dwarves are working, The bucket is empty.  On the bucket is an image of Urists third finger in dwarf bone.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 08:08:07 am »

Desiderium...are you from Eclipse?!
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 09:26:48 am »

Heh, cool. A friend of mine and I did this a few years ago (4 I think) and we made our own tunnels with snow shovels. We also hollowed out a smaller mound and I made that mine. I built a chimmeny, covered the opening and made a firepit and started a small stck fire inside. So I guess we were the indigenous people of the northwest United States.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 11:44:05 am »

Man I remember the blizzard of 96, I was little enough and the snowdrifts were big enough that I had all kinds of tunnels going on. Also, they plowed the snow into a bigass mountain on the corner, it was like 10 feet high, and we built a throne on top and a slide going down. It was the shit.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 11:47:41 am »

Thats nothing, we had a giant mountain on the corner (about 20 feet high) after the plowed the streets here in michigan that year.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2010, 09:47:32 pm »

Damn you all.
I live in Hawaii and have no snow.
Damn you.
I live in Canada and have no warm.
Damn the two of you.
I live in the mid west and I have too much of both.

I feel your pain man. Nebraska sucks.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6