Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Willpower  (Read 4155 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Dwarven Willpower
« on: January 27, 2010, 12:31:54 am »

A dwarf with a severely injured leg was driven from his coma by a secretive mood.  Ignoring his wound and his thirst, he is crawling around on the ground, trying to gather materials quickly enough to outrun his thirst.

It's kind of endearing.  I wonder what he'll come up with...

[EDIT]:  A willow ring encrusted with cinnabar.  Great.  The fool risked life and limb and dragged himself around in the mud so he could make a worthless ring.  At least it was fun watching his struggle.  He's back to being unconscious now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:43:03 am by SethCreiyd »

DuckBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Willpower
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:45:21 am »

Urist McWounded has created a microcline bucket, on the bucket is an image of Urist, Urist is surrounded by the dwarves, Urist is wasting away, The dwarves are working, The bucket is empty.  On the bucket is an image of Urists third finger in dwarf bone.

:)

Desiderium

• Bay Watcher
  • [SELECT_SYMBOL:UNTOWARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:14:07 am »

Urist McWounded has created a microcline bucket, on the bucket is an image of Urist, Urist is surrounded by the dwarves, Urist is wasting away, The dwarves are working, The bucket is empty.  On the bucket is an image of Urists third finger in dwarf bone.

:)
Wow, I lol'd hard.
Sig'd

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 01:35:15 am »

A ring? too bad.Would be really epic if he made a really awesome weapon and died afterward.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 09:21:54 am »

The most epic would be if he made the artefact and gained his experience. He would also get attributes accordingly, but only in toughness. This renders him impervious to pain and he could go on his normal life.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 01:03:45 pm »

I had an injured woodcutter/carpenter become possessed and crawl out of bed to make an artifact once, he made a bed..  So I put the artifact bed in his room so he could lay on it  ;D
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 04:25:55 pm »

I'm a harsh task master.  Crippled dwarves don't complete moods in my forts, especially stonecraft moods.  That honor goes to a dwarf who didn't get beaten by a hairy marmot or mine out the wrong tile and knock themselves down a hole.

They do get a coffin though.  Somewhere.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 05:08:30 pm »

Ha, I had an armorer who made an iron buckler after I passed him off as good only for fishing (my miner was a better armorer and DIDN't have a mangled lung). He got over the mangled lung after creating it and becoming legendary.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 05:13:20 pm »

My leatherworker, after giving birth over a bridge which was over magma and getting a spinal injury from some goblins was possessed and made The Silver of Walls, a wolf leather toga. Too bad you can't zoom-to-artifact. I'd love to see who ends up wearing it.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 05:19:09 pm »

My leatherworker, after giving birth over a bridge which was over magma and getting a spinal injury from some goblins was possessed and made The Silver of Walls, a wolf leather toga. Too bad you can't zoom-to-artifact. I'd love to see who ends up wearing it.
You can, kinda sorta. Find the artifact in your stocks screen, and zoom to it. It'll zoom to the critter wearing it, and you can find out whatever you want to from that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 05:20:26 pm »

Artifact clothing never gets worn.

Your leather toga will forever rest in the corner of a finished goods stockpile.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 05:28:41 pm »

Huh. Your right. :P
I assumed it did because my guard occaisionally wear this artifact low boot(which is cursed. The only 2 I saw wearing it was a guard and my original captain. :( I only knew they were wearing it because I was unforbidding their equipment.)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 07:27:11 pm »

Artifact clothing never gets worn.

Not even by a Champion Wrestler who only wears clothing?  Bummer.