Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Started my own village.  (Read 4412 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Started my own village.
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2010, 09:56:06 pm »

I feel your pain man. Nebraska sucks.

I don't understand Nebraska.  It snows like crazy yeah.  But everyone has sleds, even though you have no hills.  Why is that?  What do you use them for?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 09:59:33 pm »

We had almost 6 inches of snow in Texas. I'm pretty sure that's even ahead of virgin births on the crazy scale. I even made a snowman. Teehee.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2010, 10:03:05 pm »

Almost six inches?  Where do you live?  Here in Dallas we had nine.  Fucking nine inches.  "The Great Blizzard of 2010" they say is the new record for this area.

Snowballs, snowmen, and sledding.  Against all the laws of man and God, my college was still in cession yesterday.  Expect none of the professors showed up, but none of them posted notices or emails to that effect.  I'm going to words on Monday, yes I am.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2010, 10:14:53 pm »

I'm about an hour from Longview here, as soon as I saw snow falling Thursday morning I didn't even bother going to college,  I fully expected it to be gone or turned into sleet by today.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2010, 01:28:32 am »

I feel your pain man. Nebraska sucks.

I don't understand Nebraska.  It snows like crazy yeah.  But everyone has sleds, even though you have no hills.  Why is that?  What do you use them for?

In the city I live, there are at least 4 good hills. They are all at high schools though, which I find odd.
There are very few 'good' natural hills in Nebraska for sledding, at least that I've seen, but some of the man-made construction cuts into the larger gradual hills, making them steep.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2010, 11:36:21 am »

am I the only one who sees this and immediatly thinks that if this collapes with anyone inside this, this person will suffocate beforeanyone would be able to dig them up ?

why didn't I have any places to play with inherit mortal danger around ?

oh right, my parents had a sense of responsibility.

but hey, this at least reminded me of one of my favourite jokes

what is white and disturbs your breakfast ?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2010, 01:09:00 pm »

1. My parents are over protective.
2. I could dig my way out.
3. Unlike most other dumbasses in my neighborhood, I actually know what the hell I'm doing so I lead them. This makes sure there are no collapses.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2010, 01:14:45 pm »

I dunno, my mom used to go batshit when we dug snow tunnels. She saw some kid suffocate in his own tunnel on the news and has been insanely paranoid ever since. Then again, she gets paranoid about most things.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2010, 01:17:30 pm »

sure, when 100kg of snow collapse on you, you will surely be able to dig yourself out, because your arms will obviously not be obstructed
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2010, 01:19:59 pm »

Technically I live in a different city, but mainly my school's city. And I have a third city's phone number.

In the city I technically live in, It's illegal.
But Technically I live in a different city because the school is literally like 400 yards away.

sure, when 100kg of snow collapse on you, you will surely be able to dig yourself out, because your arms will obviously not be obstructed
I have no idea what the hell 100kg is. Either way, You always dig in pairs. No matter what. He's digging me out from there, I'm wiggling my arms and kicking my legs and trying to conserve air.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2010, 01:40:45 pm »

I guess that would translate to about 200 pounds

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2010, 01:48:18 pm »

200 pounds of snow is not something I'd want to be under. Then again, when I was your age, I had only seen snow once before and didn't have that many friends.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2010, 04:01:51 pm »

I guess that would translate to about 200 pounds

220 pounds. And that's not a lot - it's dispersed. Trust me. I've wiggled out of greater masses of snow (and humans, for that matter).
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2010, 12:51:32 am »

You live in Minnesota?? Awesome, man. Northstar high-five! Good to see DF players exist here in this frigid, Scandinavian state. Out of curiosity,
(you don't have to answer this if you don't want to) what city do you live in?

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2010, 03:59:29 am »

Lucky yall in Dallas, we got nothing down in Houston except for a whole lot of cold (for texas). Then again, getting snow in Houston twice in one year is probably one of the signs of apocalypse.

Awesome stuff here guys! Beware of cave-ins.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6