Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" Chapter 2, Page 1  (Read 18937 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 12 complete.
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2010, 06:37:45 pm »

I'm fine with sticking with this game, as long as the story keeps moving forward. It's much easier to play in an RTD than to run one.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 12 complete.
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2010, 03:02:35 pm »

Page 13 coming soon.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 13 complete.
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2010, 09:17:34 pm »

The pine trees of Sundin lands stand proud.  They have witnessed both carnage and renewal with equal disdain.  Many have the craggy roots that have wedged themselves out of the dirt .  Ages of erosion and melting snow tearing at their footing.  Branches made thick by the weight of repeated snowfalls.  The weakest of the branches having broken and died at their first frozen test.  A common fate shared by human, beast and even the rocks.

Hmm... One is prone, and not currently a threat. The other lacks a weapon, and is a minor threat. Still, might be best to take advantage of the situation, as Ianna might need my help soon...

Lose a mighty roar and finish Helik A by embedding my axe in his heart!
Attempt to move backwards, and attempt to block his attacks with my bow and stab the Hellik with my arrows if he comes closer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ianna
   Helik C spies to object of his charge..  "Die! woman!  Do the Sundin have women do their fighting now?" The man stabs at Ianna carrying his weight forward behind shield.
      Ianna swiftly moves back down into the depression of the creek bed.<?>  Easily crossing the ground.  Seeing the onrushing spearpoint, she shifts her balance to the left.. guiding the shaft of the weapon past with the length of her bow.  Now was the time to strike.  Ianna stabs at the rushing Helik with an arrow.  The barbed point of which finds nothing but shield,  snapping the shaft and leaving the point stuck in the wood.<?>  Worse still, the impact of her hand on shield sprained her wrist.  The point of the spear now well past his target Helik C continues his charge.. barreling into Ianna with his shield. <WHAM>  Both combatants topple over backwards into the mud of the ditch.. weapons flying.<?><?> Ianna's luck holds true as she finds herself 'in side control' and therefore in the semi-dominant position.

Helik B attempts to pull the largest of the splinters out of his thumb. <?> A wince is visible as a three inch long wedge of oak is quickly removed from the webbing of his right hand.  He flexes it twice and throws his wooden round shield at Vladimir's face.  The shield clips Vladimir across the right temple.. a glancing blow.. but, still enough to draw a wealth of blood that drips warmly down the side of his face and into his beard.

Helik A Holds on to Vladimir's ankle and tries weakly to pull the Sundin Clansman to the ground.  Coughing, wind refuses to enter his lungs<?>, the shattered ribs denying its entrance.  Vladimir keeps his balance well as the attempt proves futile.<?>

Vladimir brings the weighty blade of his axe down of the fallen Helik.  Skin and bone are no match for iron.  The axe buries itself deep into the exposed back of the fallen man. A horrid shriek pierces the surrounding woods.  His spine obviously severed, the man goes limp, face-down in the mud. His final breaths a bubbling froth of mud and blood.  Vladimir places his foot on the back of the dead man and easily removes his weapon.<?>  Blood now flows freely at the bottom of the ditch.

Actions, thinking: He'll be visiting his ancestors soon anyway...I'll do this the old fashioned way.

Actions: Tackle the Helik and choke him to death, then move onward to the campsite.

Bodulf smells blood.  Like a wolf attempting a choke-hold on a fawn.  Bodulf swats aside the scout's spear and takes the Helik down to the earth with a resounding <thud>.  Easily slipping the shaft of his spear up towards the windpipe and applying pressure.  The Helik scout drops his own spear to the dirt.<?> The dieing man's face turns red as his one functioning lung finds no oxygen.  Faint gurgles and vain struggles as Bodulf leans on spearshaft with increased force.  Finally, maybe mercifully, life slips from the man.  Bodulf had never killed a man before.  This man.. he saw the life disappear before his own eyes, by his own hand.  The enormity slowly sinks in.  Bodulf casts one last look at the Helik in the snow, turns his back and moves towards the campsite.

Action - Thoughts
Ahhh shit I should have made better use of the spear. Oh well I am fighting an opponent too big for me to take from the front think Tarn think.

Action
Tarn with his knives drawn looks at the big Helik and rushes as fast as his leg will allow hoping to hamstring him and bring him to the ground.

Tarn dashes out from behind the dogwood.  His leg not even a remote issue.  His steps as sure as they were in the bear cave, he covers ground quickly.  The Big Helik and Jon must have been completely locked in their own struggles as neither notice the smallish man approach.<?>  Tarn slashes the man with one of his long knifes.  The blade rips into the back of the large man's left leg drawing blood and a grunt.  The Big Helik stumbles a bit<?>.. but steadies himself, eyes still on Jon.<?>

Jon doesn't want to get smashed by that hammer again.  Uttering a cussword, Jon snarls through clenched teeth, "Ya gotta' do better than that ya' big bastard!" He slips the sword up against the inside of the big Helik's leg.  Placing one hand on the hilt and the other on the pommel, Jon drives the short sword deep into the same<?> thigh that Tarn just slashed!  Blood pours out of the long wound and falls directly onto Jon's face in a torrent.  The large man screams in pain as he drops his stone warhammer to the ground and grabs his torn up thigh.<?>

Condition:
Bodulf:
Ianna:

Vladimir:
Tarn:

Rame:
Jon
Big Helik
Scout Helik
Helik A
Helik B
Helik C
Helik mainbody

Gear: <changes only>

Ianna
Big Helik
Helik B
Helik C

Page 13 complete --- sorry about the delay, my daughter has a bad earache.   

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2010, 09:35:38 pm »

Swing my axe around in a wide arc and decapitate Helik B. Then move to assist Ianna.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2010, 09:51:27 pm »

Actions, thinking: The eyes. Why didn't he close his eyes. Why didn't he. Blood. Snow. Fire. Campsite. His eyes. Faster. Faster. Campsite, campsite, regroup.

Why. The eyes.

Actions: Continue moving toward the campsite, avoiding enemies. If I get to the campsite, help anyone who is in trouble.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2010, 06:25:09 am »

Don't give the Helik a chance and stick a dagger into his throat.

If successful then:

Action - Say
"What happened here and where is Rame?"

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2010, 02:36:10 pm »

Keep him pinned, then reach for my bootknife and stab him in the neck.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2010, 02:56:56 pm »

Sheesh, you guys have something against necks?  Stab him in the neck.. Decapitate.. choke.. stab him in the throat.  <laughs> 

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2010, 03:07:56 pm »

Sheesh, you guys have something against necks?  Stab him in the neck.. Decapitate.. choke.. stab him in the throat.  <laughs> 

The neck is the most vulnerable part of the human body. Only heart/brain damage is more fatal, but those are protected by the ribs/skull respectively.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2010, 03:16:46 pm »

Oh, I understand the practicality of it.. I just found it funny that all four players went on a neck attacking rampage at or near the same time.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 14 complete.
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2010, 09:09:14 pm »

Battle is a rite of passage for the Sundin.  A gift or a curse.  It tempers men or makes them savages.  Glory only exists in the songs.  Reality is much more gruesome.  Do the authors of songs smell the carnage of a battlefield before penning their fanciful prose?  Many of whom have never seen weapons used in anger. The reality of combat, the passage of innocence and the realization of mortality cling to even the fallen souls of those that fail their first test of the warrior.  Such is the definition of warrior culture and the only key to the green fields of Valhalla.

Don't give the Helik a chance and stick a dagger into his throat.

The Big Helik drops a heavy boot on Jon's face splitting his nose and bouncing his head off of the ground.  Jon's eyes roll back in his head and his hands fall limply at his side. The large man reaches down with his right hand and pulls Jon's blade out of his leg with an anguished yelp.<?>  The blade slides out slowly at first.. the man's strength checked by pain.  Gathering himself, and with concerted effort the long blade slides free. The Big Helik staggers back a few steps from Jon's body<?>, the Sundin blade in his hand now stained red from his own blood.

Tarn lunges for the larger man's neck with his dagger figuring that he needed to end this quickly before the huge warrior steadied himself.  The quick blade slides easily across the Big Helik's collarbone slicing to the bone.  The upwards strike missed jugular by mere inches.  The scarred body of the man attests to the battle he has seen.  Criss-crossed blade tracks adorn this Helik's pale skin as the newest of his wounds cast crimson in stark contrast to the hue of skin. A roar of rage bellows from the warrior as he turns to face Tarn with Jon's weapon in hand. 

Actions, thinking: The eyes. Why didn't he close his eyes. Why didn't he. Blood. Snow. Fire. Campsite. His eyes. Faster. Faster. Campsite, campsite, regroup.

Why. The eyes.

Actions: Continue moving toward the campsite, avoiding enemies. If I get to the campsite, help anyone who is in trouble.

Bodulf makes haste for the campsite.  Occasionally he hears sounds in the undergrowth around him.  The sounds of men sprinting full tilt through deep forest.<?><?><?>  Although the noises get close several times on the path back to the camp, Bodulf makes great time!  His experience patrolling the outskirts of Sundin pays dividends as he has no issue finding his way back, even with Helik's forcing numerous detours.  After much effort and a few close calls he sees Tarn facing off with a man twice his size and Jon laid out on the ground.  Rame is no where to be seen.. there is the sound of further combat coming from the other side of the campsite..  maybe from within the treeline.

Keep him pinned, then reach for my bootknife and stab him in the neck.
Swing my axe around in a wide arc and decapitate Helik B. Then move to assist Ianna.

Helik B <?>stops for a second.  He has no weapons..  his clansman has just died gruesomely..  and.. the man that did it is standing in front of him behind a large shield and a bloody axe.  He turns and runs eastwards down the ditch screaming, "They are over here! They are over here!" Vladimir is impressed by the man's speed if not his fighting ability. 

Ianna struggles to maintain her position.  The man who she has pinned clamors desperately, nearly bucking Ianna's thin frame clear to the standing position.  Ianna holds on doggedly as both warriors splash back into the mud.  A Pissed Off and rage fueled Ianna slams the man's back into the ground, pulling her slender knife with ease. The blade slides home.. directly under the jawbone.. the man's tongue replaced by sharpened steel.  Teeth washed in crimson as the blade parts the soft skin of his upper pallet ending it's track in the base of the dead man's brain.  An instinctual twist of the handle and Helik C becomes an instant ragdoll.  The force of the blow shatters the grip of the knife and Ianna's hand, which was already sprained, slips down onto the now exposed blade.  Her hand is opened badly from forefinger to palm.  She doubles over in pain.  Vladimir walks over to Ianna and sees the gash on her hand.  It looks pretty damn bad, maybe stitches.   

Vladimir's action

Condition:
Bodulf:
Ianna:

Vladimir:

Tarn:

Rame:
Jon:
Big Helik:
Scout Helik:
Helik A:
Helik B:
Helik C:
Helik Skirmishers
Helik mainbody:

Gear: <changes only>

Ianna:
Big Helik:

Page 14 Complete
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:24:09 pm by Yarnspinner »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2010, 09:31:20 pm »

Actions-Thinking He doesn't see me...Damn he's big. Bigger than Fredrich! Gotta take him down...He's big, but almost not as big as the bear...No Ianna to save me this time though...

Actions
Sneak up and attempt to skewer the big Helik from the side, keeping Tarn away from the center of my thrust

Use my Protector perk if it looks like Tarn is about to take a serious blow

OOC: Is that how I can use perks btw? Or do I just say "I will use my spear to parry any blow that looks it will harm Tarn badly" and it's automatically added to my roll?

Edited.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:33:18 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2010, 09:36:15 pm »

You can always make a OOC note like you did.. it helps me to determine your intentions.  However, if you wish you can RP into your perks as well..  like if Ianna gets super muddy.. she can RP into her 'fights harder when angry' and get the bonuses.  Sometimes I will do it for you.. If I think it fits.  RNG did something like that with his last action.. 'wide arc'  I read that as using his 'mighty cleave.  In short.. generally, it is fine to do so as long as you can RP into it or it just makes sense. 

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2010, 09:49:03 pm »

OOC: Curses! That's not good... If he gives us away, we're toast.

Try and take the Helik down by throwing my hook knives at him. If I fail, move in to assist Ianna. If she can walk, help her up so we can get out of here. If not, carry her out. If I succeed in taking down the Helik, try and staunch her wounds. Keep alert for other Heliks.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2010, 08:11:25 am »

Action - Thoughts.
Shit I can't take this guy one on one, jon you moron you had better be alive.
Action -
Throw a dagger towards the Helik if it hits then move in and slice his calf on his non-injured leg. If the first dagger is not successful hold my distance and be ready to dodge.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19