Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" Chapter 2, Page 1  (Read 18917 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 14 complete.
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2010, 04:16:04 pm »

Attempt to grab my bow and fire an arrow at the retreating Helik.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 15 complete.
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2010, 04:17:13 pm »

"You my brothers were born in blood and forged in the chill of winter.  We shall be the chosen to wield your hate, your will and your memories.  I shall die as a warrior, my weapon in hand a screaming testament of honor to open the gates.  We shall meet again and our stories will be sung."

-- Sundin Warrior prayer to the dead, unknown author --

Attempt to grab my bow and fire an arrow at the retreating Helik.
OOC: Curses! That's not good... If he gives us away, we're toast.

Try and take the Helik down by throwing my hook knives at him. If I fail, move in to assist Ianna. If she can walk, help her up so we can get out of here. If not, carry her out. If I succeed in taking down the Helik, try and staunch her wounds. Keep alert for other Heliks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Vladimir drops his axe.  No time to sling it.  The Helik was moving quickly, zig-zagging as much as the ditch would allow.  The Sundin warrior throws his first hook-knife.  These knives were designed to detach tendon from bone and rip through tough hide.  A heavy blade and a sturdy handle not really the ideal throwing weapon.  The first knife twirls through the air.  <thunk> the projectile hits the fleeing Helik handle first and bounces harmlessly to the dirt in plain sight<17>.  The second hook-knife is released.. Vladimir put all his strength behind this toss.. either it would strike with the blade, as intended, or at least make a solid impact. <whop whop whop> the sound of the weapon parting air as the blade slams into the back of the Helik just above the shoulder blade. What were screams of "They are over here!" becomes "They are ov.." as the impact of the hook-knife steals the words from the Helik's mouth.<?>

Helik B reaches for the hook-knife that Vladimir had given him so thoughtfully. It is almost comical as the man stumbles about, both hands desperately searching, yet miserably failing, to even grasp the handle.<?>  Ianna grits her teeth.  Her hand hurts something awful.  Anger overcome by pain replaced by necessity.  The thin frame rises from the mud finding her bow easily.<?> Taking the time of a seasoned archer Ianna raises the bow.. the gash on her hand screaming louder with every increasing inch of pull on the bowstring.  Blood trickles from her palm, following the grain of wooden bow towards earth.  A singular red drop falls from the lower tie-loop.  <twang> the arrow is loosed.  Passing branch, trunk and budding leaf the iron point sped towards the Helik.  Helik C's back arcs grotesquely as arrow transfixes body at a right angle.  A horizontal gut shot, the fletching and point are all that remain visible, the entirety of the shaft hidden in intestine and gut.  The man drops to his knees, body slumping in the mud, his back to you.  No one would live through such a wound and it would be a long death.<?>
   The two proven warriors crouch back into the semi-safety of the creek bed.  The sounds of cracking branches begin to fade, moving northwards.  Vladimir easily binds Ianna's wound and staunches the bleeding.  Ianna does feel a bit faint, but remains a trooper.<?>

Actions-Thinking He doesn't see me...Damn he's big. Bigger than Fredrich! Gotta take him down...He's big, but almost not as big as the bear...No Ianna to save me this time though...

Actions
Sneak up and attempt to skewer the big Helik from the side, keeping Tarn away from the center of my thrust.
Action - Thoughts.
Shit I can't take this guy one on one, jon you moron you had better be alive.
Action -
Throw a dagger towards the Helik if it hits then move in and slice his calf on his non-injured leg. If the first dagger is not successful hold my distance and be ready to dodge.
   Bodulf dashes for the Big Helik.  Stepping softly yet approaching rapidly he steps in a semicircle with great agility<?> Bodulf thrusts at the man from the side.  The large man's grace is alarming!  Bodulf was sure he wasn't spotted yet! The Helik warrior twists his musclebound upper body out of the way of Bodulf's strike as a glade of long grass in breeze.  Bodulf withdraws his strike, circling towards Tarn.

Tarn was never so happy to see Bodulf.  Now maybe the tide would turn.  Flipping the long dagger from hilt to tip in his fingers, Tarn looses the blade side-arm.  At this distance two revolutions of the weapon would be optimal.  Tarn achieves two revolutions, just as many trees around the village would attest to.  Victims of his determined practice.  The iron strikes the large man in the right armpit burying itself nearly halfway it's length.  The long blade slants backwards, avoiding anything vital <?> and exits the skin just above the right scapula.  Tarn seizes his opportunity.  Sprinting towards Bodulf's side of the fray Tarn slashes the scarred skin of the green painted Helik.  The path of the blade catches mostly thick leather boot as perhaps for the first time Tarn began to feel his leg wound open.  The Big Helik lets out a howl as his left hand automatically reacts to the shoulder wound, reaching for the blade lodged in his armpit.<?> Pain aside.. the seasoned Helik warrior maintains his bloody grip on Jon's weapon.<?>

The Big Helik roars with frightening violence.  Maybe this was one of those men turned savage by battle?  His pale skin begins to turn flush with blood as his face twists into a mask of rage.  Despite Tarns dagger laying deep in his flesh the man flexes his sizable form.  Muscles ripple and spittle escapes his maw in clinging strings.  Tarn's weapon is made to look small in his huge hand.  Patiently, the Helik twists the Sundin blade deepening the wound as the increased blood flow matches pace with the ferocity of the roar. <?> The warrior licks the blade clean of his own blood. The Big Helik kicks at Tarn, snarling in a deep raspy voice"I will drink your blood little man!"  The same boot that Tarn just slashed collides with tremendous force to his ribs.  Bodulf's attempt to block the kick by bringing the shaft of his spear down onto the Big Helik's thigh falls just short as the large man is alarmingly quick.  Tarn flips backwards nearly parallel with the ground landing face first in the snow and mud.  The air knocked out of him, Tarn struggles to regain his breath<?>, but maintains control of his last dagger.<?> The Helik turns to face Bodulf, burning rage twisting his eyes.

Jon rolls over onto his side.. moaning..<?>  he always did have a hard head.

Condition:
Bodulf:
Ianna:
Vladimir:
Tarn:
Rame:
Jon:
Big Helik:
Scout Helik:
Helik A:
Helik B:
Helik C:
Helik Skirmishers

Gear: <changes only>

Ianna:
Big Helik:
Tarn:
Vladimir:

edited: Misnamed one of the Heliks
Page 15 complete
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:09:45 pm by Yarnspinner »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2010, 10:59:37 pm »

"You fought well. You are a true warrior."

Apply pressure to my head wound, search for a plant that can be used as needle & thread.

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2010, 11:26:10 pm »

Actions-Thinking "When it rains it pours...I hope Tarn can get up before this monster flattens me...here's an idea! I'll make him angrier."

Actions-Taunting "Come on you Helik scum, I can see your getting tired. Do you need a break? Maybe you need a nap old man-the bones get brittle with age! You should of stayed home and weaved baskets with the women, you would of been more useful."

Actions

Adopt a wholly defensive stance keeping at max spear range while taunting the Helik into concentrating on me...hopefully ignoring Tarn behind him...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2010, 07:20:44 am »

Try to get to my feet and if the Helik is distracted use any strength I still have to run up and stick my sword through his back aiming for vitals.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 07:22:55 am by Flintus10 »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2010, 10:30:46 am »

"Thanks.."

Help Vlad look, but making sure not to make the wounds worse.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2010, 02:58:13 pm »

Page 16 coming soon.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 16 complete.
« Reply #232 on: March 22, 2010, 04:14:42 pm »

The Sundin have always produced some of the most fierce warriors.  Much sought over as mercenaries and bodyguards, their reputation proceeds them.  If there is a front rank of battle, that is where you would have found the Sundin.  However, times have changed.  The constant bleed of strife, adventure and climate have well whittled the male population.  Is Ianna the future?  There are stories from generations past about Sundin warrior women.  Breasts laid bare in the heat of combat, these women were known for their ferocity.  Not only were they more than capable warriors, they were truly fearsome leaders of men.

"You fought well. You are a true warrior."

Apply pressure to my head wound, search for a plant that can be used as needle & thread.

"Thanks.."

Help Vlad look, but making sure not to make the wounds worse.

Vladimir glances around for a sharp thorn.. <15+4=19> The brambles and thick undergrowth offer ample area to search. Ianna, not really knowing what to look for, helps and observes<7>. The trained eye of Vladimir spies a nettle branch. Finally finding one that may work as a needle, long and sharp.  He bores a small hole though the base of the thorn, using one of Ianna's arrows as a drill.  Taking out his knife and rabbit sinew, he carefully shaves down a non-braided length, making the thin tendon as slight as possible. 
   The wound on his head now staunched via pressure, his mind wanders back to his time spent captive as a child.  For all the old crone's faults and whatever her intentions, this lesson was well remembered.  Vladimir flexes his right forearm out of habit.  The old stitched scar his blueprint.

Actions-Thinking "When it rains it pours...I hope Tarn can get up before this monster flattens me...here's an idea! I'll make him angrier."

Actions-Taunting "Come on you Helik scum, I can see your getting tired. Do you need a break? Maybe you need a nap old man-the bones get brittle with age! You should of stayed home and weaved baskets with the women, you would of been more useful."

Actions

Adopt a wholly defensive stance keeping at max spear range while taunting the Helik into concentrating on me...hopefully ignoring Tarn behind him...
Try to get to my feet and if the Helik is distracted use any strength I still have to run up and stick my sword through his back aiming for vitals.
   The taunts and jeers of Bodulf do exactly what he had planned.<?> The Big Helik's rage grows uncontrollable<?>.  If that was a good idea or bad was yet to be seen.  The already enraged warrior ignores Tarn to his back as Bodulf takes patient, backwards steps.
   Jon moans a bit, rubs his head and sits up.  The sounds of combat bringing him back to his senses<?>.  With extreme effort the warrior groggily gets to his feet, ignoring his wounds<?>.  His face a bloody mess, Jon mutters weakly, "Arttiuk, you always were a son-of-a-bitch!  I should have killed you when I had the chance."  Tarn gets to his feet<?>, leg and ribs screaming, he sees only red.  He has only been in this state once before that he can remember.  The night that he knocked out Jon.  Tarn had barely remembered that incident and if it had not been for the banter that followed among villagers, he might have thought it was a dream.
   Stealing his grip on his final dagger, Tarn releases the same war cry heard in the bear cave the night previous.  A primal howl, tapping into the deep burning rage that has always fueled him, the Sundin warrior charges full tilt into the back of the much larger man.  His legs driving forward, the point of his weapon strikes as his shoulder smashes into the back of the Helik.  The howl is so piercing that Vladimir and Ianna<?><?> both hear it and recognize it as Tarn's voice, even at this distance.
   Both men tumble into the mud.  The Big Helik lies still, face down.  Tarn is lost in rage.  The iron blade of his weapon repeatedly withdrawn and reinserted in a horrific display of splattering gore.  Eventually the red film subsides and Tarn finds himself seated upon the bloody and tattered remains of the Big Helik.  Bodulf and Jon stand in stunned silence.  Tarn is covered head to toe in crimson, the twisted smile slowly drains from his boyish features as the realization of what had just occurred sets in.  Jon breaks the silence, "Damn, boy, you got some issues.  I am glad that you are MY kinsman.  But, if I know his older brother correctly, he is gonna want your skin as a blanket!"  A bloody smiles parts his split lips as he offers Tarn a hand up from his chair of flesh.

Condition:
Bodulf:
Ianna:
Vladimir:
Tarn:
Rame:
Jon:
Big Helik:
Scout Helik:
Helik A:
Helik B:
Helik C:
Helik Skirmishers:

Gear: <changes only>
Vladimir:

GM note:

Page 16 complete

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2010, 04:44:32 pm »

Actions: Tarn, wide eyed and panting heavily manages to say "You...you two had best find Rame." Before he falls back sitting on the ground still in shock. He looks around and prepares to go pick up his second blade and his spear.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2010, 05:54:29 pm »

Stitch Ianna's wounds shut.

No wait... that could become infected... We need to cauterize this first.

Erm... Head back to the firepit?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2010, 06:38:51 pm »

Actions-Speaking to Jon "Your lucky we got here in time, otherwise this guy would of turned you into gravel...Now, where is Rame? Do you know? We need to get out of here...like, right now. I only hope that Vladmir and Ianna could make it back here! Oh, If ONLY they could hear me, right now, telling them to get back to the campsite so we can regroup!"

Actions-Undecided, I need to know if Jon knows anything about Rames whereabouts.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2010, 07:11:41 pm »

Jon spits out a tooth.  Blood still streaming down his face he responds to Bodulf, "Heh, maybe he would have.  It would have been a favor."  Jon rearranges his broken nose with his thumbs.  A sickening crack as the bone is set.  "Bodulf, I am not sure of anything that is going on today.  I think Rame is over there in the treeline.  I never saw where he went.  First thing I know is big ole' Arttuik is bashing my knee with that there hammer."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2010, 07:16:39 pm »

Actions, thinking-Oh Great, the giant has a brother. He's probably bigger than him. And how big is their father?! and mother! They must be a whole family of giants!

Actions, saying to all-"Everyone stay here, I'm going to look for Rame, or whatever is left of him *sigh*. Get ready to move out, leave everything behind that will slow us down-this war party is heading to our village, and we have to warn them."

Actions-Move toward the tree line warily, looking for any sign of Rame...or his remains.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2010, 01:49:03 am »

damn good stuff, i want to make it known i want in on this :D

but for now sleep wins
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 06:31:34 pm by Diakron »
Back to Mafia with me!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 23, 2010, 10:56:30 am »

Eh, I vote for Diakron joining the party whenever we manage to get back to the village, as long as Fault YARNSPINNER doesn't mind the extra player workload, and there's not someone on the waiting list.

Alternatively, if any of our characters happen to be heavily injured, we could step out for realism's sake to allow a slot to open up for someone else.

Everybody in this thread is pretty active Diakron, btw, think you can you do the same? We almost have a turn a day.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:59:29 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19