Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" Chapter 2, Page 1  (Read 18940 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 11 complete.
« Reply #195 on: March 09, 2010, 08:20:13 pm »

Tarn readys his spear silently praying it's aim is true and he throws it towards the Helik on top of Jon before drawing his daggers.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2010, 09:11:54 pm »

Spears? Ha!

Charge out and take the Helik by surprise. Try to incapacitate one quickly(Killing is not required, just permitted), then turn my attention on another. Deflect any attacks with my shield. Ianna can take care of the third.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:34:39 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2010, 10:13:29 pm »

It turns out, killing another man is easy. Just imagine him, not a man. Bodulf see's the Helik in front of him, not as another person, but a monster, a wild beast, his eyes haven taken on a lupine, feral look, his mouth a hooked sneer, filled with contempt, his clawed hands, no doubt eager pillage and murder. Such a man deserved to die a cowards death.

The Helik would of seen him the same way. That the both of them are both known as jokers in their respective tribes, both enjoy life through drink and song...and as loyal to their friends? A coincidence-one that no one will ever realize...it never really mattered. in the clearing, a man died that day. Maybe more...Perhaps, in more honorable combat, Bodulf would of shouted a challenge...but today, outnumbered as he was, he has no qualms about what must be done...

Actions: Bodulf silently gets to his knees and attempts to stab the Helik in the back. If he is successful, he flees back to the campsite, attempting to hide from superior numbers.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2010, 03:33:13 pm »

Fire with my bow on the Hellik Vlad isn't attacking.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 12 complete.
« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2010, 08:51:36 pm »

A white-tail dashes through the undergrowth.  Super heightened senses warning of the violent human intruders to her domain.  The power and agility truly amazing as huge strides cross long ground.  The birds above react to her passing.  Flapping their wings silently to safety.  Eons of generations before her bleeding instinct into motion, she makes her escape. No one knew of her existence, but the soil on which she trod.

Tarn readies his spear silently praying it's aim is true and he throws it towards the Helik on top of Jon before drawing his daggers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   Tarn draws back and releases his spear.  It may have been the footing..  maybe the injury, but the spear sails high.  Whistling above the Big Helik, the projectile goes completely unnoticed by Jon and his opponent.  Tarn draws his long daggers from their sheathes. These feel much more comfortable in your hands.. angry as you may have been with Rame and Jon, you see red now!

The Big Helik swings his heavy stone hammer overhead, reaching max stretch he brings it down in a two handed motion.  Jon attempts to parry or deflect the heavy weapon to the side, bridging his back in order to remove his left shoulder from the worst of the impact. <thud>  The impact of stone on mud sends a spray of well worn earth a good five feet.

Jon reels from the brutality of the Helik's assault.  His eyes clear for a moment.. now.. maybe was his opportunity. He slashes at the inside leg. The blade finds nothing but air as the Big Helik lifts his foot to the side deftly.  The hammer is raised once again to strike.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actions: Bodulf silently gets to his knees and attempts to stab the Helik in the back.
   Bodulf got to his feet smoothly<?>, gripping the fire-hardened wood of his spear.  His knuckles turn white as grip routes blood from skin.  <?> His steps avoid alarm.  The Helik Scout remains unaware, eyes on the trees.<?>  Bodulf strikes with precision. The iron point of his spear draws dark blood from between shoulder blades.  The Helik's scream is stifled as as the iron is withdrawn..  Lung-struck.. <?> the Helik remains on his feet!  A thin line of blood trickles from lips.  He turns to face you, spear in hand, still enough life in him to deny your path back to the campsite. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charge out and take the Helik by surprise. Try to incapacitate one quickly(Killing is not required, just permitted), then turn my attention on another. Deflect any attacks with my shield. Ianna can take care of the third.
Fire with my bow on the Hellik Vlad isn't attacking.
   Vladimir charges around the small bend in the terrain.  The only thing the Helik saw was a blur of motion as the force of the bearded axe lifted him off his feet.<?>  Forward momentum stopped mid stride.   The Helik's body falls parallel with the dirt.  His weaponry maintaining it's forward path, loosed from hands.  Ribs audibly crack and breath is forcibly removed.  <?> In feeble response Helik A grabs Vladimir around his right ankle, attempting to root the Sundin clansman to the ground.

Ianna doesn't really have a clear shot. <?> The three Helik are single file in a dry creek bed and Vladimir is no small man.  She quickly shifts position to the edge of the slope and spies the top half of Helik C rushing towards Vladimir <?>. This would be a difficult shot.
   The arrow slices Helik C across the left forearm. More of a grazing shot, it did draw blood.  His gaze turns to Ianna, anger now evident.  Helik C leaps out of the depression <?> and charges Ianna straightline.  A war cry escapes his lips as he places his weight behind shield and spear.

Helik B is momentarily stunned, his feet stop, having seen his clansman laid flat by Vladimir. <?> His face turns into a snarl as he stabs at the man with the big axe and thick shield.  The point contacts hardwood. Vladimir was able to maintain his balance, shifting his balance slightly to the right.<?>  The wood of the spear is stressed beyond it's limits and shatters lengthwise, clear down to Helik B's hands.  Splinters embed themselves in Helik B's thumbs causing him to shriek in pain.<?>

Condition:
Bodulf:
Ianna:
Vladimir:
Tarn:
Jon:
Rame:

Big Helik
Scout Helik
Helik A
Helik B
Helik C
Helik mainbody

Gear: <changes only>
Tarn
Ianna
Helik A
Helik B

Page 12 complete

Edit: ignore this scrolling thing down here please.  I know its from my dividing this post sloppily with dashes.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:54:29 pm by Yarnspinner »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2010, 01:08:57 am »

Hmm... One is prone, and not currently a threat. The other lacks a weapon, and is a minor threat. Still, might be best to take advantage of the situation, as Ianna might need my help soon...

Lose a mighty roar and finish Helik A by embedding my axe in his heart!
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2010, 07:01:42 am »

Action - Thoughts
Ahhh shit I should have made better use of the spear. Oh well I am fighting an opponent too big for me to take from the front think Tarn think.

Action
Tarn with his knives drawn looks at the big Helik and rushes as fast as his leg will allow hoping to hamstring him and bring him to the ground.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:05:04 am by Flintus10 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 11, 2010, 08:26:32 am »

Actions, thinking: He'll be visiting his ancestors soon anyway...I'll do this the old fashioned way.

Actions: Tackle the Helik and choke him to death, then move onward to the campsite.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 11, 2010, 04:09:36 pm »

Attempt to move backwards, and attempt to block his attacks with my bow and stab the Hellik with my arrows if he comes closer.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2010, 04:48:04 pm »

OOC: Now that I think of it, maybe you should switch the title Yarn, to something more...fitting? This game is gonna take a long time!

How about "The Chronicles of Clan Sundin"? or something like that. We get more people interested, maybe more players eventually, especially if one of us dies. *gulp*

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2010, 04:56:38 pm »

OOC: Now that I think of it, maybe you should switch the title Yarn, to something more...fitting? This game is gonna take a long time!

How about "The Chronicles of Clan Sundin"? or something like that. We get more people interested, maybe more players eventually, especially if one of us dies. *gulp*

It's a good idea for sure.  I have been recruiting.. a bit..  for Chapter 2
-- Are you guys down for a long game?  I mean I have nothing else to do.. I am retired! lol  8)
-- You guys can come up with a new title if you want.  :)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2010, 05:37:58 pm »

I have alot of free time...heh, I've been sticking with Fortress of bones for like 6 months now...I have TIME.

"The Chronicles of Clan Sundin" sucks, does anyone have a better name?

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2010, 05:50:23 pm »

How about.. "The overly-wordy, run-on sentenced, sometimes confusing, somewhat pretentious and cliche filled game of Vikings and bears and skis!"

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2010, 05:58:31 pm »

I can easily be in this for the long haul.

And I think Dwarmin's title captures the imagination a bit more  :P.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2010, 05:59:00 pm »

<laughs>  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19