Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" Chapter 2, Page 1  (Read 18953 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 9 complete.
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2010, 10:45:50 am »

I finish setting my traps and head back, I guess.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2010, 07:17:49 pm »

Actions - Thinking
Arghhh what to do next, Jon has always been a grumpy bastard and Rame a friend. Still something about Rame seems suspicious while I couldn't imagine Jon going so far as to betray another clansman no matter how poorly he treats them. Rame would never go so far for one of his jokes would he?

Ahhh Jon is not even going to want to talk with me and frankly the feeling is mutual but i'll give this a shot.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2010, 09:26:04 pm »

As soon as we get an action for Ianna I will write up page 10.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2010, 09:52:56 pm »

Help him out with the traps.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 10 complete.
« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2010, 10:01:52 pm »

Page 10

Their figures low, hunching yet moving rapidly.  The only sounds are produced by their padded shoes as feet slap forest floor.  Sunlight glints off of spear-tips.  No communication.. just semi-silent movement and labored lungs wheezing in the chilly air.  Most are painted green.. green stripes, dots and zig-zags, shadowed by black charcoal.  War paint.  Spirit runes.  Death wards.  Rituals of a bygone time meant to instill fear and panic.  Brightly painted sticks are placed in the nooks of trees pointing north.. to guide those following.  Long strips of leather and hide hang from braided hair in tangled knots.  Not only to further enhance their fearsomeness, but also to break up their outline in the light-dappled forest.  The Helik are on the march.

Help him out with the traps.
I finish setting my traps and head back, I guess.
Actions: Bodulf pretty much wanders into the wilds by himself to think, at least subconsciously looking for prey to hunt, but his mind is not on it.

Bodulf is just overcome by the possibility of betrayal.  He wanders a bit out of sight of the others (still in shouting range of Vladimir and Ianna), mind deep in twisted intrigues.  Vladimir and Ianna find a nice little game trail with fresh markings<13+2=15> and begin to set up the snare trap.<?>  Maybe a nice little rabbit or even a fox would gift itself to Sundin.  Ianna even learns a little bit about trapping, having watched Vladimir closely.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tarn's eyes narrow
Tarn stands and heads back to the campsite.

Tarn, ever the hot head, begins stomping back the five or so minutes it takes to reach the campsite.  Anger growing with every labored step, his blood pressure easily matching pace.  Assorted curses and made up curses, slip absentmindedly from his lips.   One way or another, either Jon or Rame would be answering his questions! ... Tarn heard it before he saw it. ... The unmistakable sounds of metal on metal.... <Clang> <Ping><Clang>  This was no sharpening of a knife.  This was mortal struggle..  the sounds are coming from the campsite!

Meanwhile.. back in the pine forest.

Bodulf had his hands on his hips... and was thinking..  thinking about a happy childhood with Rame and long sessions involving mead and song with Jon.  Neither of them an enemy and both friends..  <?>

Vladimir and Ianna were admiring the well placed game trap..  Vladimir pointing out the intricacies involved in trapping, game trails and the outdoors in general. <?><?> Vladimir cuts his sentence short.. mid-word.  Ianna sensed it too.  A distant cracking branch..  the sound of many feet on loamy soil.  An occasional rattle or rolling stone.  These were not game sounds...  these were artificial, the sounds of men.  Tension, your ever-present ally, is ripe in the air.. as the invisible sounds approach, gaining volume.

Gear - no real change.. minus a <well made snare trap>
Condition - no change
GM asks/notes:

Page 10 complete

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 10:54:34 am by Yarnspinner »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2010, 11:56:12 am »

Are the sounds coming towards us? If so, find a spot to hide and prepare to ambush them when they pass. Otherwise, don my axe and shield and advance to the south.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2010, 12:10:28 pm »

Are the sounds coming towards us? If so, find a spot to hide and prepare to ambush them when they pass. Otherwise, don my axe and shield and advance to the south.

<?+2=?> Yes! they seem to be moving directly towards your position.  The noise is just that at the moment.. noises..  but it is getting closer.. coming from the south.  Bodulf is a bit west of your position.. you can't see him..  Ianna is right next to you. The campsite w/ Jon, Rame and presumably tarn are 5 minutes NW.. damn.. i wish i knew how to do maps..  :'(

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2010, 02:25:39 pm »

Actions-Bodulf lays down his spear and sits at the foot of a great tree, calming his raging inner emotions. He loses all conscious thought in the calm of nature-the drip of rain, birdcalls and the whistling wind.

He reflects inward, and begins listening to the rational voice deep within him, which he has long believed is his ancestors speaking to him from beyond eternity.

Clansman, your people need you. Your test is nigh, to determine if you are worthy of joining us in the halls of the great. For great danger approaches. The wolves approach, long of fang and coats as black as night...as always, we trust you to hold the line against the night. Do what must be done.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2010, 02:43:02 pm »

Sort of like this?

Hide in the bushes behind Vlad, readying my bow.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2010, 07:35:25 pm »

Tarn rushes back to the campsite slowing down before he arrives. After sneaking towards the sound of fighting he tries to assess the situation before he does anything stupid.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2010, 08:58:50 pm »

Just some crappy art of my favorite moments so far.  ((Yea for my wife! She taught me how to upload pictures! Now you have to suffer through bad pictures AND walls of text.))

Bodulf takes a break:
Vladimir and Ianna hide from Heliks:
Ianna's perfect shot:
Tarn hunts bear:

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2010, 09:14:22 pm »

My eyes! X_X

I'm assuming they're cave paintings, personally, recording our adventure for future generations.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2010, 09:17:57 pm »

My eyes! X_X

I'm assuming they're cave paintings, personally, recording our adventure for future generations.

How does it hurt your eyes?  Is there something I did wrong?  I know they suck.. but cave paintings? harsh lol..

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2010, 10:13:01 pm »

Anatomy isn't too bad actually, but the rest needs a lot of work.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I suck at the human figure, but am pretty good at drawing everything else.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 11 complete.
« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2010, 01:24:45 pm »

The Helik move with the grace of a people born to the forest.  Deftly avoiding branches, roots and other snags that would halt others in their tracks.  The Helik and Sundin are not always enemies.  They are like siblings.  Always beating on eachother.. tribal skirmishes almost a rite of passage for young warriors.  However, should a great threat emerge, the tribes unite for mutual protection.  Your fathers told you long stories, over communal fires, about the last time the tribes were united in arms.  The friends they lost, the battles they won, were toasted in splurges of drink and laughter.  To die in battle, and live eternally in the green fields of Valhalla, the iron behind their courage.

Hide in the bushes behind Vlad, readying my bow.
find a spot to hide and prepare to ambush them when they pass.

The sounds approach as winter gale through pine.  Starting off as distant noises, the sounds now give away their sources.  Vladimir and Ianna hide in a dry creek bed, preparing their defense.  <?><?>.  It sounds as if the main body of Heliks, are moving to your left.. east of you.. still bearing north.  You are able to count at least twenty spear points poking above the undergrowth.  <thump> <thump> <thump> Three Helik warriors, all wielding long spears and round shields, jump into your creek bed.  You don't think that they have seen you yet.  However, it would be mere seconds before they round a slight bend and spot you directly.

Actions-Bodulf lays down his spear and sits at the foot of a great tree, calming his raging inner emotions. He loses all conscious thought in the calm of nature-the drip of rain, birdcalls and the whistling wind.

He reflects inward, and begins listening to the rational voice deep within him, which he has long believed is his ancestors speaking to him from beyond eternity.

Clansman, your people need you. Your test is nigh, to determine if you are worthy of joining us in the halls of the great. For great danger approaches. The wolves approach, long of fang and coats as black as night...as always, we trust you to hold the line against the night. Do what must be done.
  Bodulf was lost in introspection.  Communing with his ancestors has a calming effect, it also motivates.  Faces from generations past flash through your mind, some able to be recognized, most not.  You remember that your father had traveled south with the last war band and are calmed that his face was not among those that represented past generations.  <?>

Your calm is interrupted violently..  a hunching figure of a man crashes into your vision.  Having sprinted directly from behind the tree that your back is against.  His back is to you.. the girth of the tree hiding yourself and spoiling his chance at spotting you.  <?> Your ears tell you there could be more following him.<?>  The green war paint is not missed..  the figure is but a shambling mass of hair braids and leather strips.  The more defined features hidden in this shadow of mane and filth.  The one thing that is not missed is his oaken spear.  The figure pauses.. as if scouting.. scanning the pine before him<?>, unaware of your seated presence.  This Helik was on claimed Sundin hunting grounds, an affront to all you hold dear.

Tarn rushes back to the campsite slowing down before he arrives. After sneaking towards the sound of fighting he tries to assess the situation before he does anything stupid.

His leg complaining with every step, Tarn closes the gap.  The sounds of combat ringing through the surrounding wood.  Slowing down as he reaches the campsite, now creeping. <?> Tarn parts the branches of newly budding dogwood.  Jon was on the ground, prone and scrambling.  Holding his sword in front of himself defensively parrying the path of a Helik warhammer.   The Helik is a huge man..  nearing the size of Fredrich himself.  Nearly nude in the bright sunlight, the swirling green warpaint clothed the Helik, as if in the embrace of nature.  The Helik draws back the hammer once more..  the weight of the business end straining sizable muscles.  <?> The sounds of further combat can be heard from the other side of the campsite.  Branches crack and break throughout the surrounding pine, a testament to the rapidly advancing flow of Helik warriors. 

-pebbles in a stream-

Gear  - No change
Condition
Bodulf -
Ianna -
Vladimir -
Tarn -

Page 11 complete