Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" Chapter 2, Page 1  (Read 18945 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" a rp story.
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2010, 11:45:41 am »

Actions-movement
Bodulf doesn't miss a beat. After a few minutes of rest he begins whistling a jaunty tune. He also helps Rame clean up, while prodding him into conversation, hopefully.

Actions-Thinking
What was that song again...the bard who visited our village...she was a pretty woman... I think it went like "da-da-da-baah-daah" Your heart may belong to the sky, but the sky belongs to me...

Hmm. Rame seems troubled...

Actions-Remember
A foggy outline of Rame. The smell of fresh mud and the nearby village. the surrounding shadows and light exaggerated by the mind. He faces me and says "Thanks for the hand.. it will be good to know who i can trust in the coming days.."

Actions
While trying to remember the details of the song in question, I strike up a conversation with Rame, trying to get him to elaborate on his earlier words to me.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 11:49:34 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2010, 06:57:04 pm »

Tarn sits quietly trying not to move his leg more than necessary, he thinks back to his battle with the bear and trys come up with ways he could have bested it.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2010, 05:59:07 pm »

Ianna rests a bit, and wonders who would be best to tell about the whole Rame thing.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2010, 09:03:00 am »

Page 8

The sun is now high in the sky.  Jon is still snoring.  The fire crackles softly, sending embers into the air.  Shadows that once threw ominous swathes, now retreat from the trees as the sunlight beams and bounces off of the dying snow in glares. Vladimir and Tarn both have a seat on a large gray rock, Tarn rubbing his leg.  Vladimir pulls out a length of sinew and begins working a snare trap.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Skillfully wrapping the end of the braided twine around a bendy length of greenwood and fashioning a slipknot with the remainder.

Both Tarn and Ianna slip into various depth of daydream, the crackling fire providing the backdrop for thought.  A smile appears at the corner of his mouth as Tarn relives his near-death experience.
Ianna is contemplating something much darker..  there is no smile upon her lips.   

Bodulf <?>moves to help Rame clean up..  Rame leans over the assorted mess of several clay mugs, a few meadhorns and a mound of fish bones. While casting a quick glance at Jon, Rame replies in a hushed tone. "Didn't Ianna tell you?  Damn, I told her to tell all of you..  Jon tried to KILL my father, on the night of the Spring Celebration." He continues in between cleaning mugs with fresh snow, "He hired Helik sneakthieves, and Bjorn killed the damn Helik with Ianna's bow!"   The news stuns you..  You glance up at Ianna, a look of concern on her face now obvious, suddenly you realize why she hasn't been overly talkative as of late.  Ianna notices the conversation, Bodulf and Ianna lock worried eyes.

Gear
Bodulf
Ianna
Vladimir
Tarn

Condition
Bodulf
Ianna
Vladimir
Tarn

GM note *important*:

Page 8 complete

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2010, 09:26:36 am »

"I was going to bring it up, but I was being too shy about it..sorry."

Ianna picks up tiny pebbles and begins throwing them at Jon to wake him up.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2010, 10:26:06 am »

Look confused at the silent drama playing out before me.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2010, 10:40:42 am »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2010, 11:42:52 am »

Actions-Talking to Ianna and Rame

I...I..mean..I knew he was never a upstanding guy...but..a fellow clan mate trying to murder one of his brothers? No one could do that...right? Um..what proof do you have Rame? and does your father know? If he..he did what you said he did...we should tell the others...they need to know..so, so..

Actions-is trying to calm himself

OOC: This is definitely not part of the PLAN. My character is extremely distressed now.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2010, 12:38:23 pm »

RP

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2010, 08:47:44 pm »

Tarn stares directly at Rame with no emotion is his eyes.

"Bodulf is right how do you know it was Jon who hired the Helik?"

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2010, 08:56:19 pm »

I wander over and see what's going on.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2010, 09:05:48 pm »

I wander over and see what's going on.

The conversation was in hushed tones.. not silent <smiles> you are privy to everything that was said.
Edit: sorry if I didn't make that clear.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:08:09 pm by Yarnspinner »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2010, 09:58:32 am »

I continue watching, this time privy to the conversation.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2010, 10:07:04 am »

Page 9

Rame stands, a cold look replaces the normal.  Not even the small fire melts his hardened features. "Screw it! I don't care anymore if he hears me." Rame's voice now almost a shout.  " All right, this is the whole story.  The night of the spring celebration, I was playing a trick on Jon, involving his mead horn.  I was out back of the main longhouse..  attempting to relieve myself.. mixing my gift with that of the mead." Rame kicks a rock absentmindedly and continues, his voice a touch softer now "That is when I saw the Helik, just inside the treeline.  His shadow low, he was talking to someone, someone i couldn't see.  Well, then I lit over to the big oak tree, trying to get a better look..  I SWEAR to all the gods, it was Jon.. I saw him in the moonlight."  Rame begins sweating, his brown eyes looking down at the mud and dirt. "I followed them..  I thought they were going to see me..  they walked right past me.. clasping hands in some form of agreement not five feet away from the bush i was concealed in, then parting ways.  I had a choice to make.. follow Jon or the Helik.  I..I was so confused..  wouldn't you be?"  Bringing his eyes to meet yours he continues,"I followed the sneakthief..  all the way out to the stream.  He was moving quickly and I had a hard time keeping up.  Anyways, I was all the way down by the ravine.. I thought that he was waiting for someone.. I dunno..  but he was waiting.. for something.  That's when Bjorn pushed my face into the snow..  and put two arrows into the bastard's chest. You know how Bjorn can be..  he sees everything.. he said he would tell Fredrich.  That's why i was so surprised about being one of the chosen for this hunt..  why would my father remove me from his side?" Rame's voice now tempered, "How do you tell your father such a thing.. without proof? About his best friend? He wouldn't of believed me, no way he would.  He may believe Bjorn though, we can only hope."  Rame clenches his hands into fists, placing them on his hips. "The only concern the Helik have ever had for Sundin is seeing my father, your headsman DEAD.  That is how he lost his eye.. it wasn't in battle <Rame chuckles>, it was from a female serving wench with a dagger and mean intentions. She-to-was-hired-by-Heliks." A wisp of a smirk appears on the corner his mouth. "Heh, there are many things you don't know about the great Fredrich" 

Ianna begins peppering Jon with a assortment of small stones as the air seems to have gotten much thicker, weighted by intrigue. Ianna seems to have formed a 'beat' as a handful of stones land on Jon's back.  <thunk> <thunk> <thunk>   Deep snortles, chortles and mumbling accompany a morning stretch and yawn.  Jon rubs his eyes, as a well placed pebble audibly connects with the meaty part of his right ear. <thunk> His hand jerks to the contact, the pebble mistaken for a nefarious insect bite. Nasty dried spittle, white in the sunlight, is caked in his beard along with some crushed leaves and dirt.  Shielding his eyes from the harsh sun with a cupped hand, Jon stammers, his voice dryly cracking..  "Wha' what the hell's blazes.. what are you dogs doing here?" Struggling to get to his feet, and not succeeding.. he seems resigned to the sitting position for the moment. "Shouldn't you be out gettin' some game? Argh.. my head fuckin' hurts.."  Jon begins rubbing his temples in a vain attempt for relief.  Jon's grumbling quickly steals Rame's bravado as he stoops quickly, gathering the rest of the clay mugs and sweeping the pile of fishbones into the fire with his foot.

Gear -
Condition -
GM Note:

Page 9 complete
edit: forgot some " marks.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:08:42 pm by Yarnspinner »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 9 complete.
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2010, 11:47:49 am »

OOC: Well I know Rame is hiding something now... but I can't exactly bring it up in front of Jon. Or Rame for that matter, until I'm more sure.

Reply to Jon: Oh, uh... I was just making some animal traps. See? I was just about to go and set them. You guys want to come help?

*Glance at Ianna, Bodulf, and Tarn.*
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:02:46 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19