Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656870 times)

Rahn

• Bay Watcher
  • Plumbers of the world, unite!
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1905 on: July 13, 2011, 09:38:28 pm »

The retire option in the camp allows you to end the game, and also gives you a score based on various things. It also tells you what will happen to your character (becoming a beggar, brigand, owner of a tavern etc.)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: July 14, 2011, 09:24:46 am »

I meant without crpg, there is a retirement option in the camp mode.

Also, for the love of god, someone plz tell me what the "general state of affairs" means. My army is at 99+ morale, I murder bandits on a daily bases, my honor is up there, and yet EVERYONE hates the "general state of affairs". All the searching I have done has lead to people saying that it's related to morale, but my morale is as high as I can possibly get it.

I would be fine with it if they kept their armor and weapons. But they don't, they apparently sell them all off, buy their horrible gear back, and EVEN THEIR SKILLS ARE REVERTED!!!!. And that just made me sick. The original mount and blade didn't have that, it made no sense to include it, and it just makes recruiting anyone who dislikes anyone else stupid.
I'm pretty sure the "General state of affairs" relies entirely on what heroes you have in your party. If you want companion stability, all you have to do is remember that you need two likes to cancel one dislike. You can also use TweakMB to have the ability to keep companions from leaving.

If you're playing Native Warband, I suggest you get a mod such as Diplomacy, Custom Commander, Native Mod Compilation, or the Floris Mod Pack; among others. If you're playing F&S, you're mostly out of luck unless you use TweakMB.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: July 14, 2011, 04:54:47 pm »

Then what about when they say "I am upset about your choice of companions"? I don't think they would make 2 lines of texts based off the same thing, and I have gotten rid of someone's "enemies" yet they were happy about the companions and upset about the state of affairs.

Seems like a bug and a bit of information that was never explained.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: July 14, 2011, 04:59:25 pm »

Then what about when they say "I am upset about your choice of companions"? I don't think they would make 2 lines of texts based off the same thing, and I have gotten rid of someone's "enemies" yet they were happy about the companions and upset about the state of affairs.

Seems like a bug and a bit of information that was never explained.

Do you have enough food? Lack of food causes all sorts of problems.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: July 14, 2011, 05:01:45 pm »

Read my other post. I have pretty much everything and have done everything that could make them happier.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: July 14, 2011, 05:03:21 pm »

Are you winning alot of battles?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: July 14, 2011, 07:29:43 pm »

>:(

Read my other post....

Yes I have been camping out a bandit camp and my army's morale is ridiculously high.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: July 14, 2011, 08:33:21 pm »

Read my other post. I have pretty much everything and have done everything that could make them happier.

Just checking. Food can be sort of a short term issue, where your morale is high but you run out of food and suddenly everyone is ticked. You didn't mention it specifically so...

Only other thing I can think of is if you've had some high casualty rates recently. You mention slaughtering bandits, but even if you win people can get annoyed if too many of them are dying to get those victories.

Otherwise...I'm really not sure.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: July 14, 2011, 11:17:00 pm »

Sadly this is why no one has ever had an answer to this question.

I usually only have my companions get wounded in battle, so I thought "maybe it's because they keep getting knocked unconscious?", yet after having them following me and still having 99+ morale with tons of food variety and barely losing any guys while winning and looting bandits, Nothing seems to have changed.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: July 15, 2011, 12:26:39 am »

They sometimes stay unhappy for choosing shitty friends for a while. Getting their 'best buddy' can help negate one 'worst enemy', though two is pushing it.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: July 15, 2011, 12:29:38 am »

Personally I just tell all my companions to stop bothering me when they complain.
Works well for me.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: July 15, 2011, 03:04:28 am »

Actually yeah, depending on what companions you have, some might be going emo over eachother.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:19 am »

Nobody else enjoys multiplayer sieges/battles in WFaS? A shame the new patch "balanced" things even worse. Swedish infantry and musketeers were *boosted*, Cossacks and Muscovited nerfed. Just...stupid.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: July 15, 2011, 11:48:21 am »

They sometimes stay unhappy for choosing shitty friends for a while. Getting their 'best buddy' can help negate one 'worst enemy', though two is pushing it.

Yeah with some (like Firentis), their morale went down steadily until I got rid of both his enemies. If I knew what the general state of affairs was I might be able to do something to allow him to stay, but 2 people > one.

Anyone have a companion who is happy with the state of affairs?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: July 15, 2011, 12:09:29 pm »

All of my companions are happy with the general state of affairs because I don't hire enemies. General state of affairs is their actual morale, with the other two statistics being what is making them happy or sad.

They shouldn't be selling their loot or losing skills if you are on the latest patch of Native.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 310