Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656872 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1890 on: July 12, 2011, 08:29:18 pm »

It depends on where the books go. Don't forget, M&B is based off a series of books, so if none of them are set in the time periods you're talking about, don't expect the games to be set there (except for mods).

I didn't know this. Which books specifically?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 12, 2011, 08:32:45 pm »

I'd love to see some fantasy elements.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1892 on: July 12, 2011, 08:35:20 pm »

I'm looking for them now. I know With Fire and Sword is based off a book of the same name, i'm looking for the books the others are from. I'll edit when i find them.

EDIT: Still looking, but it looks like i may be half-wrong. WFaS is indeed based off those books, but i'm not sure the first 2 were based off any books.

EDIT: Yeah, my bad, i'm pretty certain now that it's only WFaS that's based off any books. Bring on more time periods!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:41:26 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1893 on: July 12, 2011, 08:39:45 pm »

I'm looking for them now. I know With Fire and Sword is based off a book of the same name, i'm looking for the books the others are from. I'll edit when i find them.

EDIT: Still looking, but it looks like i may be half-wrong. WFaS is indeed based off those books, but i'm not sure the first 2 were based off any books.

I think Calradia was made up by the devs too, honestly. Otherwise, how'd you explain the Sarranids popping up trolling suddenly.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1894 on: July 12, 2011, 08:41:56 pm »

Yeah, i made another edit.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 13, 2011, 12:30:16 am »

EDIT: Yeah, my bad, i'm pretty certain now that it's only WFaS that's based off any books. Bring on more time periods!
Yeah, just WFaS is based off a polish book, and was originally a mod or something. The rest are just for the game.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 13, 2011, 09:54:14 am »

Hey, can someone please help me?

I am playing the Mod "The Eagle and the Radiant Cross" and I have just gotten my hands on a sweet Masterwork Rifle. The problem is that I cannot seem to find any ammo for it. I tried Cartridges, but on the battlefield it just seems to be uncompatible, seeing as I just use it as a polearm. I looked everywhere, and I even had the nerve to use the cheaty Item Finder, but the main problem is that I really do not know what I am looking for. Can someone help me?

I am assuming my question will not be answered?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 13, 2011, 10:01:16 am »

Hey, can someone please help me?

I am playing the Mod "The Eagle and the Radiant Cross" and I have just gotten my hands on a sweet Masterwork Rifle. The problem is that I cannot seem to find any ammo for it. I tried Cartridges, but on the battlefield it just seems to be uncompatible, seeing as I just use it as a polearm. I looked everywhere, and I even had the nerve to use the cheaty Item Finder, but the main problem is that I really do not know what I am looking for. Can someone help me?

I am assuming my question will not be answered?

Your question WAS answered... or at least attempts were made at it. If you'd look on the previous page...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 13, 2011, 10:49:43 am »

But I did not get a good enough answer. I was unable to scavange anything from it.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 13, 2011, 11:01:25 am »

But I did not get a good enough answer. I was unable to scavange anything from it.

Then you could have said so rather than just assuming that because you said nothing else about the matter, people would keep trying to give you answers.

I could go into a rant, but rather, I think I'll just say, "Communicate better."

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 13, 2011, 12:28:27 pm »

My guess would be that there's a bug and the gun is actually defined as a polearm in the item_kinds1.txt file. Get the mod tools and edit it back into a gun.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 13, 2011, 04:29:05 pm »

Finally retired for the very first time in crpg.  Got myself back up to level 4 in half and hour, and managed to keep an almost 1-1 k/d ratio so far, despite such low level. 

Next retirement should come at least 5 hours faster, due to xp boost.

So addicted...
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 13, 2011, 04:43:36 pm »

What does retirement do? I thought it just saves your data like some sort of historical record.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 13, 2011, 04:52:01 pm »

In crpg, you can retire at level 31.  You go back to level 1, but you get to keep all of your gold and items.  You can select one item to 'heirloom', which gives it a small stat boost.  I heirloomed by body armor, which added +2 to the armor value of both the body and leg portions.  You also get a permanent boost of +30 to your base xp gain.

So the small boosts are nice.  What I'm really excited about is the chance to re-make my character.  I feel like polearms are stronger than 2H currently, so I get to move all my weapons skills into that area this time.  Going to carry an iron staff and long spear.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 13, 2011, 09:21:24 pm »

I meant without crpg, there is a retirement option in the camp mode.

Also, for the love of god, someone plz tell me what the "general state of affairs" means. My army is at 99+ morale, I murder bandits on a daily bases, my honor is up there, and yet EVERYONE hates the "general state of affairs". All the searching I have done has lead to people saying that it's related to morale, but my morale is as high as I can possibly get it.

I would be fine with it if they kept their armor and weapons. But they don't, they apparently sell them all off, buy their horrible gear back, and EVEN THEIR SKILLS ARE REVERTED!!!!. And that just made me sick. The original mount and blade didn't have that, it made no sense to include it, and it just makes recruiting anyone who dislikes anyone else stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 310