Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656847 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1875 on: July 10, 2011, 01:08:20 pm »

Go rub elbows with the queen.

Seriously, i got my relationship up to 50 with her, BAM, I get given veluca, shariz, jelkala, yalen, miras castle, estrosq castle and a whole load of other places.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1876 on: July 10, 2011, 11:18:53 pm »

The Ai in warband cheat so badly  :'(

They get to swing through there guys, can block mid-swing (it doesn't reset the swing they just keep swinging), swing right after blocking, hit me with arrows that disappear and were suppose to be blocked by my shield and tell all the horses to run in front of mine.

EDIT: Ah yes and what the hell did the devs do to warband? It lags horrible even with the lowest setting while The camera changes from one face to another in talking, and takes up a ridiculous amount of memory while being payed. Not like they super charged the graphics or anything. And I keep the battle limit and graphics below what i did in the original.

Sure they're swinging through them, or just slicing in-between them?

You can block mid-swing, and swing right after blocking. The higher your "Shield" skill, the faster you can get into - and out of - block mode.

Are you sure the arrows actually hit the shield? Keep in mind that shields have different hitboxes, depending on their size and how high your "Shield" skill is, so it's possible they're sneaking shots through parts that aren't covered by the shield.

Please clarify with that part about the horses?

What are your computer's specs? Do you have stuff running in the backround? Do you have the latest patch?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 10, 2011, 11:52:43 pm »

It has been discovered by the modder of the mod "Blood and Steel" that the sound files in OGG format that Warband and mods used up to 1.134 (no idea if Taleworlds converted them in 1.142 as i didn't update to that buggy patch because the mods i currently play will wait for the next, hoping the devs fixes the problem they introduced) and converting them in WAV actually improved performance in battle and stability a lot.

After trying, indeed there were much less stuttering in battles, the game was smoother.

Prophesy of Pendor that i currently play (and highly recommend) converted their sounds to WAV too, and the performance is very good.

Oh, and play in DirectX7 render, performance is a very lot better, meaning you can easily double your battle size for more epic combat in comparison to DirectX9 render. After all gameplay is more important than graphics, so you're not going to miss those normal and bump map much once you're in the middle of a big battle.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:54:26 pm by Robsoie »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: July 11, 2011, 12:16:17 am »

They get to swing through there guys, can block mid-swing (it doesn't reset the swing they just keep swinging), swing right after blocking, hit me with arrows that disappear and were suppose to be blocked by my shield and tell all the horses to run in front of mine.

EDIT: Ah yes and what the hell did the devs do to warband? It lags horrible even with the lowest setting while The camera changes from one face to another in talking, and takes up a ridiculous amount of memory while being payed. Not like they super charged the graphics or anything. And I keep the battle limit and graphics below what i did in the original.

You can block mid-swing, and swing right after blocking. The higher your "Shield" skill, the faster you can get into - and out of - block mode.

Are you sure the arrows actually hit the shield? Keep in mind that shields have different hitboxes, depending on their size and how high your "Shield" skill is, so it's possible they're sneaking shots through parts that aren't covered by the shield.

What are your computer's specs? Do you have stuff running in the backround? Do you have the latest patch?

The swords/spears were sticking out through the guys chest when it hit me. You can see it every time you fight multiple guys while backing up, they swing their weapons through each other.

His weapon did not move, raised about his head, yet it made the blocking sound and he swung afterward. So either way, they are using super computer powers to time blocks perfectly, or it is bugged.

Arrows fly towards my face or arms and I get hit. I have never been able to hit an arm or head and have never actually see them hit, so I assumed it was impossible to hit anything but the legs while a normal sized shield was up.

Horses that have been dismounted start running, constantly running in front of me, making my horse stop moving.

Those last 2 are mostly rage  >:(

O, and my specs are good enough to play the orignal M&B on the highest settings, while I uninstalled right before installing warband. Also noticed that the game used a ton of memory in the task manager.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: July 11, 2011, 12:25:10 am »

The swords/spears were sticking out through the guys chest when it hit me. You can see it every time you fight multiple guys while backing up, they swing their weapons through each other.

His weapon did not move, raised about his head, yet it made the blocking sound and he swung afterward. So either way, they are using super computer powers to time blocks perfectly, or it is bugged.

Arrows fly towards my face or arms and I get hit. I have never been able to hit an arm or head and have never actually see them hit, so I assumed it was impossible to hit anything but the legs while a normal sized shield was up.

Horses that have been dismounted start running, constantly running in front of me, making my horse stop moving.

O, and my specs are good enough to play the orignal M&B on the highest settings, while I uninstalled right before installing warband. Also noticed that the game used a ton of memory in the task manager.

I believe you can sometimes hit through your guys, not sure how to achieve it consistantly.

Did you make a raised swing as well? You can parry attacks if you attack in the same direction at the right time.

What shield are you using? Are you sure the arrows are coming from directly in front of you, and not from archers off to the side?

Possibly running from the other guys coming towards you, therefore getting pushed towards you.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 11, 2011, 12:42:38 am »

I believe you can sometimes hit through your guys, not sure how to achieve it consistantly.

Did you make a raised swing as well? You can parry attacks if you attack in the same direction at the right time.

What shield are you using? Are you sure the arrows are coming from directly in front of you, and not from archers off to the side?

Possibly running from the other guys coming towards you, therefore getting pushed towards you.

If he parried me, his weapon should of moved.

Hurscarl's shield, have had it happen with legs covered by obstacles and 1 guy shooting.

Never seen a horse move because people were fighting around it, have seen horses start running with no stimulation at all, horses come from the side, not from the front. All I can see is many coincidental actions that only happen to me  ::)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 12, 2011, 11:09:48 am »

Hey, can someone please help me?

I am playing the Mod "The Eagle and the Radiant Cross" and I have just gotten my hands on a sweet Masterwork Rifle. The problem is that I cannot seem to find any ammo for it. I tried Cartridges, but on the battlefield it just seems to be uncompatible, seeing as I just use it as a polearm. I looked everywhere, and I even had the nerve to use the cheaty Item Finder, but the main problem is that I really do not know what I am looking for. Can someone help me?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: July 12, 2011, 12:21:36 pm »

Cartridges should work. They work for Hand Cannons. Have you tried arrows or bolts(might be a stupid glitch with the rifle)?

On the item screen, does the tooltip for the rifle list it as a polearm?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: July 12, 2011, 12:29:42 pm »

When you press X holding a rifle, it switches to pole-arm mode. It might be glitched so that pole-arm mode is default, try pressing x and seeing if it works.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 12, 2011, 12:41:43 pm »

On the item screen, does the tooltip for the rifle list it as a polearm?

Yes, why do you ask?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 12, 2011, 05:12:21 pm »

Less than 2 hours away from my first retirement in crpg... cannot wait to rebuild my character and switch to polearms + exp gain boost + upgrade my light mail and plate.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 12, 2011, 06:06:24 pm »

So after playing the three different games and various different mods I can say that Mount and Blade has the combat down.
Thats pretty much all the game has. Which is okay, the game does get driven by the combat but it does hold it back from being god's gift to gamers.

Assuming that theres going to be a Mount and Blade heres some features I would add.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway the majority of those features are a pipedream but I can't help but hope the game does see more features.
All the various mods start to feel the same with different weapons and armour after a while.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 12, 2011, 07:45:10 pm »

Mount And Blade 2 would be.......interesting to say the least. I mean, what time period? Hundreds of mods have ruled out Manifest Destiny, Roman, Peloponnese era, hell, even cave man times. It would be nice to see a campaign, with a storyline, or maybe a GOOD Renaissance or Hundred Year war game. Although Fantasy could be good too.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1888 on: July 12, 2011, 08:26:43 pm »

Mount And Blade 2 would be.......interesting to say the least. I mean, what time period? Hundreds of mods have ruled out Manifest Destiny, Roman, Peloponnese era, hell, even cave man times. It would be nice to see a campaign, with a storyline, or maybe a GOOD Renaissance or Hundred Year war game. Although Fantasy could be good too.

If anything I'd like a way more fleshed out Caldaria that didn't push mongols and persians into ones face arcade style. For time period I'd pick the late middle ages and stick to it.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 12, 2011, 08:28:46 pm »

It depends on where the books go. Don't forget, M&B is based off a series of books, so if none of them are set in the time periods you're talking about, don't expect the games to be set there (except for mods).
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 310