Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656844 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1845 on: July 07, 2011, 09:30:33 pm »

I thought the max was 100. Original, or Warband? I was talking about Original.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: July 07, 2011, 09:33:40 pm »

Warband. I've got the original also and the same thing happens though.

And only 100? You said to put it to a few hundred?
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: July 07, 2011, 10:34:01 pm »

Warband ups it to 150.

Though, it's true, unless you are in a several thousand man battle, BattleSizer kills the tactics skill.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: July 08, 2011, 02:08:34 am »

I believe that enemy commanders have a tactics skill as well that has some effect. (happy to be proved wrong) so fighting them is different to a great horde of bandits
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: July 08, 2011, 03:51:29 am »

Weird stuff happening in warband. I have a pole, he has a normal sword, I swing and immediately after he swings, I miss, he hits. Isn't the staff a longer weapon then the sword?

New fighting system is wacky, now you have to aim your camera in a certain direction to change the angle you swing your sword at.... Don't like that too much but I guess I'll get used to it.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: July 08, 2011, 03:56:10 am »

I think it's that the sword had a better swing attribute, so it overpowered the pole. I'm probably wrong though.
Also, if you're using a pole arm, stay back and just stab people. If they're dead before they can get into range with you, you're doing it right.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: July 08, 2011, 04:12:51 am »

Weird stuff happening in warband. I have a pole, he has a normal sword, I swing and immediately after he swings, I miss, he hits. Isn't the staff a longer weapon then the sword?

New fighting system is wacky, now you have to aim your camera in a certain direction to change the angle you swing your sword at.... Don't like that too much but I guess I'll get used to it.

You were chamber blocked. Attack in the direction the attack is coming before it lands, and it will riposte. The AI virtually never pulls it off, though.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: July 08, 2011, 05:51:03 am »

No, I was sure my weapon fully swung before I got hit.

Also, bandit camps make this too easy :(

Find one, wait till bandits pile up enough to attack you with 40 guys, level up everyone, go heal, repeat. Got 10 veterans and tons of money this way.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1853 on: July 08, 2011, 06:45:32 am »

Were you thrusting your pole? If so, was your pole fully extended? Are you sure you thrusted it right into your target?

Innuendo aside, thrusting needs distance to work, if you're too close then you can't put any force behind the attack and it'll fail to do damage. If you're close enough that a sword can hit you, you're doing it wrong.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: July 08, 2011, 07:10:32 am »

You can change how the aiming system works. I have it so it thrust when I back-step, swings right/left when I press d/a, and when I move forward it swings from overhead. It's the By Movement set of weapon swinging, in options.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: July 08, 2011, 08:44:19 am »

Warband ups it to 150.

Though, it's true, unless you are in a several thousand man battle, BattleSizer kills the tactics skill.

Yeah but like I beifly mentioned, TRAIN YOUR SOLDIERS.
my only survivors were the elitely trained soldiers of mine that I had hired in the beginning and trained my self for days in camp to make them battle ready.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: July 08, 2011, 09:53:14 am »

Training's overrated. Send em out and stitch em up. They can learn by doing.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: July 08, 2011, 11:14:15 am »

Now that I'm level 23, I've discovered something wonderful- it's not impossible to level your guys up to the max if you've got even decent training levels. It's fantastic. I'm working on an army of 80 mamlukes.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: July 08, 2011, 11:38:24 am »

Warband ups it to 150.

Yeah but like I beifly mentioned, TRAIN YOUR SOLDIERS.
my only survivors were the elitely trained soldiers of mine that I had hired in the beginning and trained my self for days in camp to make them battle ready.

What does this have to do with what I said in my post?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: July 08, 2011, 02:12:00 pm »

By the way, does anybody know of a great map editor for Warband? I'm thinking about creating a mod with something like 10 factions.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 310