Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656822 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1860 on: July 08, 2011, 02:53:42 pm »

So I loaded up a new file, picked all the first answers in the char selection, exported, set my attributes to 999 and my skills to 15 and my weapon proficiencies to 9999 which became 699 and OHHHH MYYY GOOOOD I run fast.

Like I outrun horses.

I got a 602% speed bonus on an attack.

Time to make an independent kingdom!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 08, 2011, 04:13:57 pm »

Warband ups it to 150.

Though, it's true, unless you are in a several thousand man battle, BattleSizer kills the tactics skill.

Yeah but like I beifly mentioned, TRAIN YOUR SOLDIERS.
my only survivors were the elitely trained soldiers of mine that I had hired in the beginning and trained my self for days in camp to make them battle ready.

What does this have to do with what I said in my post?

Quoted the wrong person, sorry. I actually have no idea but I remember that being important to someone I was planning to quote.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 08, 2011, 04:49:55 pm »

Were you thrusting your pole? If so, was your pole fully extended? Are you sure you thrusted it right into your target?

Innuendo aside, thrusting needs distance to work, if you're too close then you can't put any force behind the attack and it'll fail to do damage. If you're close enough that a sword can hit you, you're doing it wrong.
I swung down.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 08, 2011, 05:43:25 pm »

This seems to be getting a bit long and cluttering the normal M&B chat, so I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 09, 2011, 10:18:07 am »

Trying to figure out the appeal of CRPG. It seems that as a new guy every character can swing faster, use better weapons and they all have Armour i can't punch through. I'm at level 14 or so.

Seriously? This seems really not fun
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 09, 2011, 12:19:50 pm »

Fire & Sword is hysterically fun in multiplayer, especially the big siege servers with 60-100 people swinging and firing at each other. So far I've been having a blast as a musket sniper. Recently, though, I found the joys of infantry, playing as a Swedish zweihander guy while attacking. It was just epic to flank an enemy position and murder several musketeers their pants down.

The melee mechanics annoy me a little, though. It breaks immersion that the best way to fight is to zig-zag around in circles. Not to even mention the stupid jumping attacks some people do against riders. Turning and strafing should be a lot slower, especially while wearing armor. Attacks should be impossible while jumping. That annoyance is the reason I've been musketeering, jumping and strafing melee dudes look so gay.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:21:32 pm by Majestic7 »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 09, 2011, 03:25:19 pm »

Trying to figure out the appeal of CRPG. It seems that as a new guy every character can swing faster, use better weapons and they all have Armour i can't punch through. I'm at level 14 or so.

I had the same experience, and I also noticed there is no discernable difference in gameplay besides this.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 09, 2011, 04:44:25 pm »

It actually used to be really bad in this regard.  Like really really terrible.  You had to grind hard for months to stand a chance against higher level players.

You're actually at about the turning point where if you're decent at the game, you'll start actually holding your own a bit.  It's set up now so that the peasant stage is really really short, and the disparities between high and low levels are capped at a pretty reasonable level.

The appeal of crpg for me is character customization.  I felt so very very limited in vanilla multiplayer.  I loved all the options in singleplayer and when I stepped online, was so disappointed with how limited it was by comparison.  This alone makes crpg worth it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 09, 2011, 04:53:38 pm »

Punch through? I think your problem may be that you still have peasant weapons. If you use IE you won't be able to access the shop, so get Firefox.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 09, 2011, 05:11:32 pm »

Has anyone hired Polish Hussars yet? I wish I could hire one.....dozen.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 09, 2011, 05:12:50 pm »

I'm using a bow. IE? Don't make me laugh, that thing is terrible dude :P  :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: July 09, 2011, 05:19:23 pm »

This seems to be getting a bit long and cluttering the normal M&B chat, so I'll spoiler it.

*snip*

Yeah, I think I've been explaining myself long enough and clearly enough, so I'm not going to continue further with this.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 10, 2011, 02:06:26 am »

The Ai in warband cheat so badly  :'(

They get to swing through there guys, can block mid-swing (it doesn't reset the swing they just keep swinging), swing right after blocking, hit me with arrows that disappear and were suppose to be blocked by my shield and tell all the horses to run in front of mine.

EDIT: Ah yes and what the hell did the devs do to warband? It lags horrible even with the lowest setting while The camera changes from one face to another in talking, and takes up a ridiculous amount of memory while being payed. Not like they super charged the graphics or anything. And I keep the battle limit and graphics below what i did in the original.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:09:20 am by Micro102 »

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: July 10, 2011, 07:12:08 am »

Fire & Sword is hysterically fun in multiplayer, especially the big siege servers with 60-100 people swinging and firing at each other. So far I've been having a blast as a musket sniper. Recently, though, I found the joys of infantry, playing as a Swedish zweihander guy while attacking. It was just epic to flank an enemy position and murder several musketeers their pants down.

The melee mechanics annoy me a little, though. It breaks immersion that the best way to fight is to zig-zag around in circles. Not to even mention the stupid jumping attacks some people do against riders. Turning and strafing should be a lot slower, especially while wearing armor. Attacks should be impossible while jumping. That annoyance is the reason I've been musketeering, jumping and strafing melee dudes look so gay.

That's because anyone who usualy plays games online that's not in a rule enforced private community is 70% of the time an idiot who plays every game like it's counter strike.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 10, 2011, 12:54:25 pm »

Warband, Native Expansion:

I love this game. Being a vassal is just a long string of "f you" from your lord. I pledge my allegiance to Swadia. They give me the fief on the border with two factions we're at war with so it's constantly being looted. That's fine though, since before I joined I made a number of good investments which keeps me pretty stable income wise. I take part in a number of sieges, never see anything from those. Suddenly out of the blue they give me Dhirim. A whole town for my own self. I'm ecstatic, thinking they finally realized my use. So I go over to look at it... "Under Siege" Well, I guess I better go protect it. Less than 5 seconds later, it's taken back. So I ruled a town for a full 15 seconds. Great... and now I probably look bad to them because I couldn't protect the town that was doomed to fall, so likely I won't get another chance at it for a while.

Fun...
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 310