Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56574 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Does anyone know where Nirur's roleclaim is?

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting.
Indeed. Especially as I roleblocked you.

I was actually surprised of you accusing me, Vector. But it rather makes sense as I was the one who played the worst from those left.

Though it baffles me how you still chose to kill this night, knowing I would roleblock Neruz.

Vector, the only way you're not scum is that blocking doesn't stop kills. Which would be a real bastard thing to do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm accusing you because you're scum, and sitting around ignoring my arguments is going to do you no good.

Now talk, or die.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

I confirm LASD's roleblock. He did roleblock me last night.

Which means he didn't do any mafia killering. And neither did i. Vector.

You're the only one who could have killed last night Vector, OOPS.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I confirm LASD's roleblock. He did roleblock me last night.

Which means he didn't do any mafia killering. And neither did i. Vector.

You're the only one who could have killed last night Vector, OOPS.

Huh.  That's weird, because I spent last night protecting you, Neruz.  My guess is that he has a weird roleblock/kill thing like Mr. Person did in BYOR 2... because otherwise, this situation makes no sense  :-\
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

So he can roleblock one person and kill a completely different person at the same time?

Highly unlikely. I don't buy it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So he can roleblock one person and kill a completely different person at the same time?

Highly unlikely. I don't buy it.

Seriously, go take a look at the end of BYOR2.  I'm not going to let town lose just because the scum got an unusual role in a Semi-Bastard mod.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Drawing near, 6 hours remain in Day 6)
« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2010, 04:40:34 am »

I hope this makes everyone happy.

As long as Apostolic Nihilist is on the lynch line and not defending himself, I'm happily not voting as that might give the scumteam the edge to lynch someone else as I'm still not sure where my vote'll end up.

Also, I don't think the rules have anything to do with word count as that would be a real pain to moderate.

Also also, I don't think all the claims are legitimate, as at least my PM included a fair number of characters to falseclaim (even one that I could state myself) and I guess the scumteam are even more likely to get them.

I was actually nervous as I had no idea how the voting worked and felt I hadn't followed the game closely enough. In hindsight the last paragraph was rather foolish, but I thought that people that got similar false claims would know what I was talking about and be more cautious.

Last night I tried to get to Apostolistic's house to check if he really is a mathematician, so I chose Neruz's house and ended up at Nirur Torir's, who got blocked. Duh me, no wonder it didn't work, Apostolic died. (Note to self, when choosing a night action target, don't trust the player list on OP blindly. Also, check if people who you want to clear are dead or not.)

Also, I was absolutely wrong about Shades apparently, glad he's gone.

Now, is rule 2 just shorter days? Or has it effect on voting, Let's see, RedWarrior0, you're still the scummiest around and I still don't trust your role is real.

Yeeah, that felt really weak to me too, but I couldn't come up with a good question. Frankly I Just wanted to vote someone for change.

Oh, that's rather true, Unvote.

Now, you're right, no one died. Also, I blocked you Nirur, what do you think is the reason no one died? It seems a bit like you would've done the kill.

I would've bet I put a FoS in there, but the reason I didn't vote was that I didn't have a clear idea who to vote to hit him and it would've looked pretty foolish to accidentally vote someone else, especially as people seemed already to be pretty clear on how the voting works.

Nirur Torir, I'm still waiting for you to say what you think about not seeing a night kill? A touchy subject maybe? And saying Shades died in strange way because of the rules doesn't explain why the mafia didn't kill.

Shades was René Magritte, scum and artist.

As there's only one Mafia down, scum was apparently Shades' group name, not an indication of him being Mafia. Sooo, it might be his ability looked for scum, not Mafia.

Still, I think Redwarrior0 is pretty suspicious, but my scales are tipping towards Nirur. Especially if he doesn't start answering questions and keeps adding fuel to bandwagons.

I was still so confused by the game and was more interested in figuring out the bastardness (being clever really) than finding scum, which really shouldn't have been so. But I just couldn't see the scumminess well through all the bastardness. I wanted hide my doubt though so people wouldn't jump on me.

Also, LASD, what do you think of things so far today?

I think's it's just a decision between lynching you or Zai. And I know Zai is Mathematician. I don't know anything about you. Also, I'm inclined to say that it's likelier to have scum that can speak than just vote. Though this logic has failed me so far in this game.

And, oh yeah, sorry Nirur for falsely accusing you. Though now I'm weirded out by Mafia not killing day two.

I wasn't blaming the lack of second day kill on Nirur. It was just sidenote I didn't intend to delve on as it was "old news". Also, I felt genuinely sorry for being so stupid.

No lynch might be for the best, as I have my roleblocking ability that can be used as a tool to find scum.

Even if scum decides not to kill tonight, I can target the same person again until they do. If I hit real scum the village lives happily ever after, right? For now I guess the best bet (basing on the bomb's aftermath) is Neruz, which means I need to target myself? Or wait, is Neruz exempt from the rules in a way that targeting him really targets him?

The only reason I chose Neruz was that the day 5 starting text listed him as scum:
Vector was Mao Zedong, innocent and world leader.
Neruz was Vanilla Townie, scum.
Zai was Mariusz Wodzicki, scum and mathematician/Secret world leader.
Nirur Torir was M. C. Escher, innocent and artist.
LASD was Pál Erdos, innocent and mathematician.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The pink sky gives way to a clear brown as the sun rises, clouds coming into view to hide its nakedness. From these clouds rain stones, turning to wamblers as they fall. All except for one, a stone tablet which lands near you. The three of you hurry over to read it.

And a happy last day to all of you! We hope you are all well?

By the voting, it seems you are! Now, then, how is that going? Ah yes,

LASD [1,1]
Vector [2]

With rules three through five inactive. Quite the standoff, quite the standoff indeed.

Now then, everyone has voted so early! Are you each sure that you've made the correct choices? Sure that you have not doomed your sides to the dustbin of history? Think carefully on it, for you have thirty six hours before your decision will be read.

Well, that's all for now! We'll let you know if anything new happens!

As you finish reading, the stone tablet finishes its transformation and scurries off, leaving you to your deliberations again.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (All Votes Down, 36 hours remain in Day 7)
« Reply #519 on: February 16, 2010, 07:58:25 pm »

Should probably Vector too, just to make sure.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 16, 2010, 11:36:58 pm »

Should probably Vector too, just to make sure.

... You really are naive, aren't you?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 16, 2010, 11:39:00 pm »

No, i'm just not willing to try and second-guess the mod. Without attempting to second-guess the mod, you are scum. I don't know enough about Rysith to second-guess him without ending up locked in the wine cellar, so i'm just going to ignore that and hit you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 16, 2010, 11:44:23 pm »

No, i'm just not willing to try and second-guess the mod. Without attempting to second-guess the mod, you are scum. I don't know enough about Rysith to second-guess him without ending up locked in the wine cellar, so i'm just going to ignore that and hit you.

The thing is, it's not about second-guessing the mod so much.  It's about what you know about the players.  It's about how LASD has been acting this game.  It's about LASD's complete lack of contact with GlyphGryph OR Leafsnail.  It's about the way I play this game, and so on.

My general feeling about bastard mods is that you've got to ignore a lot of the rules/roles and so on, because the mod can screw with those... but he can't screw with behavior.  Hell, for all we know none of us are scum, and the entire game is about who's still alive at the end with a random nightkill, or something like that--if we're really going to be thinking about all the possibilities for roles and rules and all that.

Sure, I think there's something odd going on with night actions.  Wouldn't be the first time, given all the other random crap going on in this game.  We can't trust the mod at all, which means we can't trust the mod's role information and so on.  What I feel I can trust is my read on LASD, which is screaming scum.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 16, 2010, 11:48:00 pm »

If i was reading scum from LASD, i might possibly agree with you, but i'm not getting any solid scum readings off either of you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 17, 2010, 12:03:59 am »

If i was reading scum from LASD, i might possibly agree with you, but i'm not getting any solid scum readings off either of you.

*sigh*

Passiveness.  WIFOM-spreading.  Zero scumhunting.  Weak statements.  Constantly staying in the background.  No interaction whatsoever between him and the established scumteam (working from the OP, here, for the definition of "established scumteam").  That WIFOM with the "maybe there's two scum groups, called scum and mafia, even though we've only had 'scum' flips."  The "sorry for misaccusing you, Nirur Torir," even though he should have absolutely no idea as to whether his accusation was correct.

Do you not see the part where he's see-sawing on people, rather than acting on any sort of conviction whatsoever?  It let him sideline through the entire game, poking on one person after another, directing lynches.  He buddied.  He lurked.  He announced his plans to everyone so it would look like he was trying to be helpful, rather than engaging in what would be bloody stupid idiocy if he were town.  He covers his every poor move with "confusion" and "lack of skill."  He admits to choosing his roleblock arbitrarily.

It's just one thing after another.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38