Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56576 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (The Tree of Death, Night Three Begins)
« Reply #360 on: February 02, 2010, 10:02:22 am »

Night is being extended by 12 hours, since I'm not going to have time to write up PMs before going to work this morning.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (The Tree of Death, Night Three Begins)
« Reply #361 on: February 02, 2010, 11:01:48 pm »

You awaken from the night's chilly grip to find snow in the gray-white sky and thick on the ground, pale and crystalline. When the sun strikes its hollows, the icy flakes reflect pastel rainbows. You are dressed poorly for this weather, shivering, stomping, and blowing your bare hands--yet you are still somehow delighted by the event.

In the half-circle formed by your houses, the apple tree still stands broad and crooked, now covered in pale buds and inchoate flowers. In its blackened vernal shade, lotuses bloom white upon the iridescent snow. Among these fragile waxy blossoms lies a man, eyes closed, hands folded over his heart. He does not tremble in the chill.

We were rash in taking him from you,
says the rumbling roaring voice. We have revised the rules and turned back time, breathed life into death and furnished an empty vessel with spirit.

Fortunately or unfortunately, one among your number seems to have decided that you would be better off without him.

As you watch, he thins and narrows and becomes transparent, until he is but an outline crushing a bed of flowers. When even Shades' shadow disappears, the blossoms above and below his body's resting place slowly turn red.

You have 72 hours. Rules Four and Five are inactive. The voting slate is clean. Choose your fates.

=============
Shades was René Magritte, scum and artist.
Try my orc mod!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Day Four Dawns Cold, 48 hours remain)
« Reply #362 on: February 02, 2010, 11:04:28 pm »

wut
What the hell?

Apostolic, you're alive right?

Also, I watched RedWarrior last night, he did not leave his house.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 02, 2010, 11:05:30 pm »

I figured out Rule 3. Telling it may help scum if they don't know it, though.

Should I?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 02, 2010, 11:34:08 pm »

7) Can you give us any more information?
Days will last 72 hours, nights will last 24 hours. Weekend time counts for half time. Night actions that are not submitted will be assumed nothing rather than delaying the game.

The topic title lies.  I hope.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 03, 2010, 12:02:33 am »

Btw, i normalized you again Toony. You should remain unaffected by the rules.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 03, 2010, 12:34:22 am »

I figured out Rule 3. Telling it may help scum if they don't know it, though.

Should I?

For purposes of rules

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 03, 2010, 10:43:57 am »

As the day reaches the 12-hour mark, you look around expectantly for the stone tablet. Soon, you see it poking out of the snow, and you walk over to read it.

This stillness... It is not becoming of you. Many have died, it is true, but you still possess that which is needed to survive and resurrect your friends in victory.

All that stands between you and that outcome is those who would kill and control you, who even now hide among your number and distort your views and thoughts. Beware of them, for they would seek to divide you for their own selfish ends. Resist their distortions and schemes, and you shall surely overcome them, and remember that there are some things which they cannot distort.

No votes have been cast. Rules 4 and 5 are inactive. Do what it is you must.

The tablet continues to lie, cold and unmoving, long after you have finished reading it.
===================

7) Can you give us any more information?
Days will last 72 hours, nights will last 24 hours. Weekend time counts for half time. Night actions that are not submitted will be assumed nothing rather than delaying the game.
The topic title lies.  I hope.

As I mentioned in the initial post for the day, days have moved to 48 hours with two possible extensions because of the lack of activity at the end of yesterday. You still have the same amount of potential time, the day will just end earlier without intervention.

Similar to yesterday, there has been a 12-hour auto-extension to keep the day/night cycle in the morning, rather than the evening.
Try my orc mod!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, come on, dudes.  Are we seriously going to piss around here and do nothing?  The roleflips may be whacked and Rysith may be lying to us left and right, but as far as I'm concerned there's probably scum and we probably need to kill them.

This is pathetic.

RedWarrior0, as I said before, it's probably a good idea to let us know about rules as you discover them.  They're not going to help much while stewing in your head, and the scum may have some way of figuring out rules, as well.

I'm going to take a thread reread when I'm not supposed to be studying set theory, but for now...

Nirur Torir, I can't vote you, but I'm interested in your thoughts.  What do you think about recent events, and who do you consider most/least suspicious?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (The Dawn of Day 3, 72 hours remain)
« Reply #369 on: February 03, 2010, 02:42:08 pm »

I'm reinstalling my OS again right now, and trying to look through threads while doing so is a daunting task, so I'll try to get something more substantial up later. (Even typing this up took long enough.) For now, I'll just do a bit of analysis on Shades' claim.

Okay I'm going to claim here, I'm an artist, Rene Magritte, and my night action is to paint any two of you and see if either of them is scum. I don't get told which one is though. However this means I can confirm town if I get told neither are.

Night one I attempted to draw Toonyman and Gryphglyph mostly because I assumed one of these was scum and I was pretty sure I'd not get who I targeted.
In the result I drew Vector, Halmie, and LASD none of which came up scum.

Spoiler: Night one player list (click to show/hide)

Based on the player list and the fact votes seem to work as they do for night two I picked Vector and Neruz expecting to get Nirur Torir, Redwarrior0 and Zai.
In the result I drew Nirur Torir, Toonyman and Zai again told none where scum.

Spoiler: Night two player list (click to show/hide)

As I know I am town this leaves only Apostolic Nihilist, GlyphGryph and Redwarrior0 of who at least two are likely to be scum and possible all three, depending how many there are in the game.
I'm posting this now because I believe it should be obvious I'm town, why else would I post how votes (kinda) work, and so have no reason to lie, and I have no wish to die without sharing a list of six confirmed town.

I am of course assuming that my results are accurate which might be a little optimistic due to the semi-bastard modness of it but I can only work with information I have.

So to get things rolling I'm going to vote Zai and FoS Apostolic Nihilist to target the first two of my almost certainly scum list.

I'll also request a vote count

I think it's moderately less likely that he fakeclaimed to try to push for a lynch on other scum.

ToonyMan, Neruz, LASD: I'll attack one of you later.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I wanted to follow Apostolic last night, but Rysith kept telling me HE'S DEAD.
SHADE IS THE DEAD ONE.  I want to know if Apostolic is dead or not.

Nobody else is doing anything.

Oh, and for now.

Night 1 - Roleblocked.
Night 2 - Followed GlyphGryph; Went to RedWarrior's.
Night 3 - Followed RedWarrior; Did not leave home.

FAKE-EDIT:

@Nirur Torir:

"Attack us later", what the hell?  Attack people now.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Last night I tried to get to Apostolistic's house to check if he really is a mathematician, so I chose Neruz's house and ended up at Nirur Torir's, who got blocked. Duh me, no wonder it didn't work, Apostolic died. (Note to self, when choosing a night action target, don't trust the player list on OP blindly. Also, check if people who you want to clear are dead or not.)

Also, I was absolutely wrong about Shades apparently, glad he's gone.

Now, is rule 2 just shorter days? Or has it effect on voting, Let's see, RedWarrior0, you're still the scummiest around and I still don't trust your role is real.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Well, no one died last night and I watched RedWarrior the whole time.
He didn't attempt to leave his house at all.

Don't forget, now that two scum are dead there is only one left.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, that's rather true, Unvote.

Now, you're right, no one died. Also, I blocked you Nirur, what do you think is the reason no one died? It seems a bit like you would've done the kill.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Vote Nirur, you're the last scum.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38