Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Hammerfight  (Read 16998 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Hammerfight
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2014, 02:21:43 pm »

oh my god, how do you play this game?
What do you me-

I'm playing with a track pad
HAH haha hahahahahahahahaha...

-gasp-

HAH!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2014, 02:37:47 pm »

Okay, this is really starting to get on my nerves. I've searched google and I've asked you guys but apparently nobody knows how to unlock this 'tribal wars' mode, they mostly just say "oh there's this one choice you can do that unlocks it but I'm not telling you which one it is." I've played through every path I can think of but no dice. Done worm hunt that unlocks grim, done the other choice that doesn't unlock anything... are there actually multiple paths that I'm missing somehow? I know there's choices, but from what I know they all bring you to the same points except for the last choice that determines your ending. What am I missing? Is tribal mode just a troll?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2014, 02:44:49 pm »

Did you try the choice where you can attack the fortress or fight the monsters?

I'm fairly certain I did all the paths, but seems I haven't unlocked Tribal Wars myself either.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2014, 03:06:57 pm »

apparently nobody knows how to unlock this 'tribal wars' mode

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.lki.ru%2Fwiki%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DHammerfight

I'm playing with a track pad
HAH haha hahahahahahahahaha...

-gasp-

HAH!

Oh, so I guess I'm actually really awesome at this if I can muddle through with a handycap?  Haha.

It's been a long time since i've owned a mouse, but it seems to me like the constant circular motions should actually be quite a bit easier on the touchpad.  Maybe not?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2014, 03:14:49 pm »

This is very strange, not only have other sites I've read claim there to be the 'tribal wars' thing, but they also claim there to be a third tier of gem?
Was another version released, or is all that information about the predecasor to this game? I'm kinda confused.

Also, I want that gold hammer, how do I get it? I've only gotten the golden axe before.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2014, 03:33:51 pm »

From posts i've read, the Humble Indy Bundle 3 version includes tribal wars (came out in a patch), but Steam did not as of last year.

I have to assume Steam has been updated by now.  I installed the steam key from humble bundle, so I'm not sure where that leaves me.  the txt files in the install directory suggest 1.004, and it sounds like the HIB3 version should be 1.005?  not sure.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2014, 03:39:00 pm »

I think the Steam version never got updated to 1.0005 :(

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2014, 04:23:05 pm »

Is that the case? That's pretty fortunate as apparently I do have the humble bundle version of the game, I'll go try it out now.

EDIT: A-ha, yess, humble bundle version has it. now to see what it's all abooot
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:13:13 pm by OzyTheSage »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2014, 05:02:48 pm »

so it is.  installed from Humble, and it is showing 1.005.  Still hard as f**k.

Managed to improve things a bit by editing the config file to use 1920x1080 and 96x54.  Trying to figure which settings to abuse to improve the physics in my favor.  Trying to work out what the various thrust and resist values do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2014, 05:42:46 pm »

Also I should warn new players

The game SERIOUSLY overestimates the speed of your mouse.

when it asks you to move your mouse back and forth... for goodness sake, inch that mouse... do it as slow as possible!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2014, 05:44:46 pm »

200 dpi seems to work the best for me in game, its a little fast in the menus but man does it rock in game!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2014, 05:50:23 pm »

this was included in a humble bundle some time ago.

Played the arena mode for a long time, but eventually got frustrated with various chip damage from the screenwide bombs etc killing me

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2014, 05:53:41 pm »

Well, that explains a lot. Any way to update the steam version without owning the game through the humble bundle or independent purchase?

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2014, 05:58:47 pm »

Well, that explains a lot. Any way to update the steam version without owning the game through the humble bundle or independent purchase?

Not sure. Doesn't steam automatically check for modified files? If not, hit me up a PM and I'll send you what you need.

I want to love ice gems, I really do. But every time I try slotting one, it shatters my own weapon more often than anything. :(

And yeah, just to weigh in, Tribal Wars is a 1.005 thing and you unlock it by picking the very first choice that asks if you want to go train with the tribal guys (as opposed to killing worms in the mine). It's fun, too. Basically like Arena mode, except you're in the wide open sky, and not only hoardes of opponents to fight but also those worm-balloon things that throw sticks of dynamite at you. You start with two allies but they quickly get mushed. Each round awards you a weapon if you haven't already unlocked them all.

I'm currently learning to master the hammer-sword combo. Flails are extremely fun, but I feel they're also quite cheap. It doesn't take any skill to spend the entire round whizzing in circles so that nothing ever gets close to you. With a sword, you actually have to slice and thrust- the latter of which is the most difficult move. But when you pull it off, it's extremely satisfying. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2014, 07:50:28 pm »

Also I should warn new players

The game SERIOUSLY overestimates the speed of your mouse.

when it asks you to move your mouse back and forth... for goodness sake, inch that mouse... do it as slow as possible!
It figured mine out exactly. I have my mouse set at 1600dpi and it detected that.

I then went and changed it to 400 manually. :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7