Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Hammerfight  (Read 17004 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: Hammerfight
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 10:18:50 am »

Speaking of gamemodes, you can kinda screw yourself over, I've found, if you don't choose the 'hard' path at the beginning of the game. It's the only way to unlock the 'great hunt' mode and that mode allows you get get singing gems which are really awesome.

...A good excuse as any to get back into playing this.
Damnit...

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 04:49:34 pm »

I'm not 100% sure about tribal wars; it is something I read in a spoiler/guide when I was trying to make better sense of other things. It describes it as similar to grim hunt (repeating waves of enemies, a chalice fills at the top, you have two friendlies). I think it may be unlocked by the second-to-last choice, where you're offered a sword.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 05:44:30 pm »

Tribal hunt is essentially arena, except you get awarded a new weapon for every won battle. You have two allies to start with, and enemies come at you like in arena. There's also worm riders who toss dynamite out.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2014, 07:01:45 pm »

Still relatively new to this game, but when do the shops unlock?

EDIT:
Nevermind, made it far enough. Chapter 2, about a few parts in. Endure, and don't skip any levels. It's worth it for a wider selection of weapons, and a few armor plates.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:29:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2014, 08:33:16 pm »

Tribal hunt is essentially arena, except you get awarded a new weapon for every won battle. You have two allies to start with, and enemies come at you like in arena. There's also worm riders who toss dynamite out.
Okay, but what do you have to do to unlock it?
False edit: I decided to look it up... and I'm not 100% sure but someone said something about going training with people or hunting worms, but I don't remember this choice. If it's the one I'm thinking of I usually picked the one where youa ssault the castle, with the wooden spikes on either side and people shooting each other across the gap. I might try the other path just for fun. Once you unlock a gamemode on one profile as long as you don't delete that character it's unlocked for all profiles... I think.
Still relatively new to this game, but when do the shops unlock?
It happens partway through the story. There's a sort of extended tutorial of sorts where you're stuck in prison, and once you're released you get access to the 'hall' where all the weapons you've acquired are kept, along with a shop to buy new weapons and another shop to buy consumables and armor.

EDIT: I just discovered something sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dumb. I stopped playing yesterday during the trial where you have to hit the ball as high as you can, and I come back to it today to find that it's permanently bugged. Time to restart my character =/

EDIT2: On the plus side I've learned how fun it is, when you're chained and have to dodge three guys, how fun it is to sit in the middle of them all and taunt them, then dodge out of the way at the last second. Two of them immediately exploded and the third was stunned for the rest of the level. I haven't gotten to steal one of their swords yet, they always explode to the sides where I can't reach them.

More: Hoooly crap, I just hit the Spawn so hard it literally popped off of the rock it was rooted to and was flailing around in the air before I put it out of its misery. I'm pretty sure it managed to fall off the level with a blood ruby but I did get an amethyst from it, and somehow I was hitting it in such a way that it spewed so many silver coins at me that the end game screen had stretched to try to fit all the coins on it. I should also note two things about Grim before I forget, first you can fill the blood gauge a little by cutting/bashing enemy bits that are already dead, and two you can hit the base of the Spawn for money after you've killed it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 11:41:19 pm by OzyTheSage »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 11:50:02 pm »

Love this game. Haven't found another where the blows feel so heavy and satisfying. Messed around with a fair few weapon combos.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2014, 04:58:54 am »

Hammerfight is kind of unique to me in that the game feels incomplete... and yet it is complete.

A New Game+ honestly would go a looong way in this game.

Mind you there is always Cortex in that regard... but Cortex Command feels VERY incomplete in spite of being finished. While Hammerfight feels like they left out a few features here and there but otherwise feels finished.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:02:24 am by Neonivek »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2014, 05:07:49 am »

False edit: I decided to look it up... and I'm not 100% sure but someone said something about going training with people or hunting worms, but I don't remember this choice. If it's the one I'm thinking of I usually picked the one where youa ssault the castle, with the wooden spikes on either side and people shooting each other across the gap. I might try the other path just for fun. Once you unlock a gamemode on one profile as long as you don't delete that character it's unlocked for all profiles... I think.

The training with people vs. worm hunting is the very first choice presented to you, after you do the short tutorial in the first three missions or so. However, the worm hunting unlocks the Grim Hunt for the singing gems.

As I said earlier, I think the Tribal Wars is unlocked by the second-to-last choice (where you're offered a sword should you accept the guy's proposal). I ran two characters through the story so far, making pretty much all the same decisions except for the very last one (at the very last boss), which only made a difference in the ending.

And yeah, I wish the game was longer. I was surprised to see I'd only put 13 hours into it so far, despite all the arena matches and the third character I'm running through the story with now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2014, 06:15:39 am »

AHHH I played Hammerfight too long! My hand can't stop moving in circles!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2014, 04:02:34 pm »

So, something interesting to me... Every time I was given the choice between the ;minor league' thing and the ;major league' thing I always thought both choices were for Hammerball but at different difficulties. Trying to get Tribal Wars I decided to pick minor league and it turns out it is a completely different thing that I've never done before. It has one of the most interesting fights I've seen, where two enemies have emerald gems and can pretty much use them infinitely, had to be a bit clever to kill them. Still haven't unlocked tribal wars though.

AHHH I played Hammerfight too long! My hand can't stop moving in circles!
We're going to need to exorcise it.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2014, 06:50:56 pm »

Fun fact: if you carry a Machine Hammer and Machine Flail into the final fight, your character will be so heavy during the cutscene that he'll never make it up the screen to speak to the boss. I had to go swap out for something lighter just so I could trigger the fight. :P
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2014, 09:12:27 pm »

Oddly enough my favorite weapon in the game is the ultra light flail.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2014, 06:37:03 am »

Ive been using the chain whip with double hooks. It tends to rip things apart if it can get a hold of them.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2014, 09:47:52 am »

Your screens are borked

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2014, 02:17:46 pm »

oh my god, how do you play this game?

I finally got around to installing it, and it is neigh impossible!  the UI obscures half the screen, so I'm always losing sight of my guy behind that big circle in the top middle, or behind a speech bubble or something.

I'm playing with a track pad, so I guess the scroll wheel options are not available to me, so I guess I cant combine items?

I don't see any way to re-map controls in the Optio's.  Is there a way to do this?

There seem to be multiple functions mapped to the left click, not sure if one is supposed to be a double-click or something?  it's a little bit WTF.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7