Melee
- 3 (21.4%)
Insta-kill
- 0 (0%)
Mass Brawl
- 4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: RPS Mecha Tournament!! Tournament 1 finished, Tournament Brawl incoming!  (Read 8635 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: RPS Mecha Tournament!! Tournament 1, Semifinals started! Sign UP!!
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2009, 03:50:25 am »

As am I!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2009, 04:09:45 am »

Sorry for the hold-up, I'll get on it soonish. Can't get 5 minutes of concentration, can ye believe it?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2009, 04:28:56 am »

can ye believe it?
Doubting to answer either:
A: Yes, we can!
or
B: We've got ze lions, pepedepepepee...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2009, 06:34:13 am »

Didn't get the second one. :-/ Song quote?
Hmm, now, where did I finish?
Ah. Right. Ram and Siquo continue the match, PrinnyBaal and Arbiter are at their last bit of strength... and Kashyyk fell asleep during combat. Oh well.
Quote from: Announcer
Now that I can finally see again, it seems RAM and Siquo have broken up the stalemate and are closing in for the final blows! Reflector shields shine again, the opponents are closing in samurai-style! RAM launches missiles! Siquo releases a torpedo! The combined explosions obscure the combatants, who will emerge out of the smoke first? Its...  SIQUO! The smoke clears, and we can see RAM's mech collapsing to the ground! The second match of the semifinals is over, and SIQUO enters the final match to compete for the grand prize! Having lost the fight, RAM is moved into Group B, and will still participate in the fight for the third place!

But what's this? Things are beginning to heat up in Group B as well! PrinnyBaal charges towards Arbiter, showering him with Revengers! Arbiter manuevers, returning fire with the Scorcher! His shields don't protect against explosions, but only one missile reaches him, he is one lucky pilot! PrinnyBaal moves back, keeping his distance.. and his mech suddenly falls over! I'm not sure what happened, but it seems PrinnyBaal is out for the count! Yes, the control teams report power system failure in PrinnyBaal's machine, metal could not withstand the stress the pilot put it through! And, remaining in Group B, Arbiter continues the fight for the third place in the tournament!
Siquo: Hit for 3, 4 remaining.
RAM: Hit for 7, -1 remaining.

PrinnyBaal: Hit for 1, 0 remaining.
Arbiter: Hit for 1, 3 remaining.

I'm not sure how to run the 3rd bout. On one hand, if we see the first wins as most important, then Ajax and RAM fight for 3rd/4th, Arbiter and the last winner fight for 5th/6th, and the two losers including (sorry) PrinnyBaal duke it out for 7th/8th.

On the other hand. We could let the winners of the Ajax/RAM and Arbiter/whoever fights battle for 3rd place instead, and losers fight alongside PrinnyBaal and the last loser to get into the fight for 5th place in Bout 4, and Bout 5 would have the last two fights which would likely have to be fought with just melee attacks.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2009, 07:12:48 am »

I don't know when Kashyyk will notice that his turn has long since been posted (since 4th december, even), so I rolled a few dice and he turned out the be the victor, but with 0 HP. First "points victory" in the tournament. Unless he wants to challenge that decision, the 3rd bout will have these fights:

Haika VS Siquo: Fight for 1st place!
Ajax VS RAM: Fight for 3rd place!
Arbiter VS Kashyyk: Fight for 5th place!
PrinnyBaal VS Poultron: Fight for 7th place!

Unless of course the players find the second method I proposed more interesting.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2009, 07:23:01 am »

Truly, I am a "lucky" machine. Eh... Just... wow.

((And seriously, did he get nicked for 1 twice by my Revengers when he used Speed Boost? I swear even my luck was better than that... I dunno... Oh, awesome. A COMP. This can't POSSIBLY end with me losing. I'll go ahead and PM actions for now.))
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

(( I did post my actions already didn't I? ))

Good Game, RAM! *shakes hand*

Nice lasershow, as well :)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Oh, and Sean: http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/kenya/

Seriously a must-see.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We return to the RPS Arena, where pilots test their skills and luck in deadly battlemech combat! Just now, the match between the two trailing competitors of the tournament has begun, and HOLfzzzzhrhzzzzhzhrzzzIT!!! A massive explosion has just occured in Arena four! PrinnyBaal and Poultron must have decided to redecorate the arena with a massive crater down its center! Two Pulverizer torpedoes have collided in midair, sending a resounding shockwave through the entire arena complex! Where are the competitors?! The fireball dissipates now... and we can see PrinnyBaal and Poultron both standing, both intact! PrinnyBaal seems to have suffered some damage from the blast, but it's nothing short of a miracle considering how close he was to the inferno!
PrinnyBaal: Hit for 1, 9 remaining.
Poultron: Not hit, 10 remaining.

Both decided to open with a pulverizer+boost...  oh well.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed, congratulations.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking back at the 2nd arena, we see that RAM and Ajax have already finished repairs as well! AND THEY'RE OFF! RAM bursts forward and opens a can of whoopass on Ajax, but his precision laser strikes ineffectually bounce off Ajax's reflectors! Ajax returns fire, burning dark trails across the sidewall as most of his lasers miss RAM's machine! While not as destructive, openings like these are the reason why the RPS tournament is regarded as the greatest sport conceived by man!
Ajax: Not hit, 10 remaining.
RAM: Hit for 1, 9 remaining.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the fight continues! PrinnyBaal and Poultron fill the arena with a cloud of missiles! I guess they like their revenge served HOT! PrinnyBaal activates shields and attempts to waltz out of harm's way, but he stumbles and falls! That's not going to end well! On the other hand, his opponent managed to completely fumble his dodge attempt, and most of PrinnyBaal's Revengers have struck true! Oh, PrinnyBaal gets up, he wasn't hit! Poultron's missiles didn not hit him, but he did get damaged in the fall. Whether intended or not, the manuever deserves praise! Just don't let your piloting instructor see you pulling it off.
PrinnyBaal: Hit for 2, 7 remaining.
Poultron: Hit for 5, 5 remaining.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I don't mind having the 'points victory'

Also, If I'm late just randomize it. I don't want to hold people up.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Kashyyk, lacking any good options, repairs himself and continues then.

A little late, but fitting in the schedule, Kashyyk runs out of the barracks in his custom-made Achilles! Giving Arbiter no chance to even come into position, he opens fire! Scorching lasers burn bright paths through the air, but Arbiter reflects them away and responds with missiles! Boom, boom, all the missiles are shot down! It seems the last match has finally brought out the hidden skills of all the fighters in the tournament, if only they could display such skills in the first bout!

And now we see Poultron, rapidly approaching PrinnyBaal and firing his missiles! PrinnyBaal evades... but there's no escape, two missiles finally catch him! He responds with missiles of his own, RREVEEENGE! Poultron is caught flat-footed at close range, and most of the missiles slam into him! A very good move from PrinnyBaal, will he be able to keep it up?

Fighting for third place, RAM and Ajax race around the arena on turbo-boosters! One fires Revengers! The other attacks with lasers! Which of them is which? Now we can see, it was Ajax firing his expanded missile rack, and it seems RAM has greatly suffered! But RAM's empowered laser is no peashooter, and has burned a sizeable hole in Ajax's mech as well! We'll see how this fight develops, and now...

Now we see the opening of the most important event, the fight for first place in the first RPS tournament! Haika, having replaced Cluster after the first match, and Siquo, having three wins in a row, finally meet together for a showdown of epic proportions! The fight begins! Haika releases a torpedo and opens spread fire with the point defence systems, anticipating Siquo's Revenger salvo! But Siquo shows his skills and quickly moves out of the Pulverizer's way, remaining unhurt when it explodes agains the sidewall! Both stand unharmed, this is the way RPS elite fight their battles!
PrinnyBaal:Hit for 2, 7 remain.
Poultron: Hit for 5, 5 remain.

Kashyyk: Not hit, 10 remain.
Arbiter: Not hit, 9 remain.

Ajax: Hit for 4, 6 remain.
RAM: Hit for 6, 3 remain.

Haika: Not hit, 10 remain.
Siquo: Not hit, 8 remain.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

How's it going?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8