Melee
- 3 (21.4%)
Insta-kill
- 0 (0%)
Mass Brawl
- 4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: RPS Mecha Tournament!! Tournament 1 finished, Tournament Brawl incoming!  (Read 8626 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Oh, right. I'm a little too focused on RTD's and managed to overlook this, even though there's little actual progress on RTDs themselves. My mother managed to sign me up to three different weight loss programs already, so I'm a wee bit distracted because I used to keep snacking when trying to think, and it won't do now. I'll go look at the results now...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Announcer
The battle continues in the third arena, where Arbiter and Kashyyk exchange equal blows! Just now, Kashyyk skillfully evaded Arbiter's torpedo, and Arbiter shot down Kashyyk's Revengers! If only these contestants could display such prowess in the first bouts!

Now we see Poultron making a bold move against PrinnyBaal! Enduring the heavy hit from PrinnyBaal's lasers, he charges his mech forward and POW!!! What a great uppercut manuever by Poultron, PrinnyBaal could barely keep his mech standing! Poultron seems to be heavily damaged as well, the next exchange could be their last!

And back in the third arena, Kashyyk and Arbiter are trying to make an early fourth of July! Point defences on both machines open spread fire across the arena, and bright Scorcher beams shine through the flak clouds! Both mechs are hit! It seems this fight is far from over, the combatants predict or copy each other's moves, it's nothing short of a miracle their earlier opponents could overcome them!

The match for third place looks like it might end sooner, because both RAM and Ajax are very worn out. RAM seems tired, as he hardly manuevers when Ajax launches Revengers at him! Luck and reflectors have saved him, but his mech is barely standing. He counterattacks! Oh, but his laser shot barely grazes Ajax as he evades. RAM has to pull off a tiny miracle if he wants to prevail in the match!

And in the first arena, Haika goes all-out and shoulder-tackles Siquo! Oh, what an impact it could have been, but Siquo is on his toes! Like a matador out of hell, he lets Haika pass with only a grazing hit, and discharges Scorchers into his back! Haika attempts to dodge! A valiant effort, but he's too close, his back armor is melted! Watch that back now Haika, we cannot let this fight end early!
Siquo: Hit for 3, 5 left.
Haika: Hit for 4, 6 left.

Ajax: Hit for 3, 3 left.
RAM: Hit for 2, 1 left.

Kashyyk: Hit for 0,4, 6 remain.
Arbiter: Hit for 0,4, 5 remain.

PrinnyBaal: Hit for 5, 2 remain.
Poultron: Hit for 4, 1 remain.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RPS Mecha Tournament!! Tournament 1, Finals started!
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2009, 07:19:57 am »

I'm waiting for Kashyyk to PM his one or two actions, because all the other matches have ended. we'll know the standings once he makes his move.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2009, 08:04:04 am »

*crosses fingers*

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2009, 01:10:27 pm »

Alright then, I'll have Kashyyk on Rand-AI. Finals have ended, and WE HAVE WINNERS!
It's worth noting that only two competitors are standing.

Quote from: Announcer
This tournament approaches its grand finale! Kashyyk and Arbiter close in, weapons firing! Kashyyk fires lasers! Arbiter launches missiles! Ouch, it seems they read each other's minds too much - each chose a defence against his own attack, both are hit! Arbiter is barely standing, Kashyyk is just a little better off, but the battle still continues!

Next to them, PrinnyBaal charges at Poultron with a desire to SMASH! Boosters firing, he drives his mech's fist forward! But Poultron responds with missiles, and most of them slam straight into PrinnyBaal, this will not end well! Spouting flames and smoke, PrinnyBaal collides with Poultron! Both machines are out, neither can get up! Poultron and PrinnyBaal hastily exit their machines, and the fire teams are on the field to put out the flames! It seems this battle will be resolved by the judges' decision.

And while we wait, look at 'em go! Kashyyk and Arbiter speed towards each other in a crazed game of chicken! Now both launch missiles, which easily track the massive heat exhausts! Holy Saturn, they are not going to make it! What a crash! A massive fireball is all that is left now of our combatants, I fear we may have lost.. no, wait! I see the ejector seats, both pilots are safe! Their mechs are completely totaled, fire teams are already on the field and trying to douse the burning wrecks so that the judges can identify which mech begins where. Not even our repair teams will be able to repair that kind of damage.

And while the judges are at it, let's look at arena two, the battle for third place! RAM bets it all on his empowered laser, discharging it into his opponent's torso! But Ajax is unharmed! Reflector shields have saved his day. Now confident in his victory, he unloads another Revenger swarm! Poor RAM, how he tries to evade, but there's no escape from Revenge! One, two, two blasts! Oh, it seems like RAM's machine is failing! He struggles to keep control, but even I see the fountain of hydraulic oil that spurts out of the mech! Yes, the fight for him is OVER! Ajax opens his mech's canopy and stands up to hear the deafening cheers of the crowd, he is this tournament's third place winner! RAM has to contend himself with the fourth.

Wait a minute.. yes, the judges' decisions for the groups C and D are ready now. Leading by three points of damage, the fifth place of the tournament goes to.. KASHYYK! The final attack has nearly destroyed Arbiter's mech, and he is left with the sixth place. And, also leading by three points of damage, the seventh place of the tournament goes to... POULTRON! PrinnyBaal's luck has failed him in the end, and he is left in the eighth place of our tournament.

And now, for the final showdown. All the other contestants now watch from the sidelines, cheering for one or the other - Haika and Siquo are locked in combat for the first RPS Tournament's Grand Prize!

Both still in top shape, the combatants walk around the arena. The tension in the air is palpable, neither pilot knows the other's intentions, and both wait for an appropriate moment. And they move in! Finally, the winner will be decided! They pick up speed... they run toward each other! No boosters, no flashy effects, just pure mechanical force! They aim weapons! I can see their defences activating, and HOfzzzhhhhrhhrrrrfzzzzhiiiiiii*tap*. Okay, ladies and gentlemen, this is another arena ruined. A massive ball of fire is all that is visible now in the center of Arena 1. It seems both contestants have simultaneously released torpedoes, which exploded right in the center, between Haika and Siquo. Our control teams report contact loss with both machines, there may be no hope of survival for the pilots. No, wait! What is this! It is... Haika! Haika's mech is barely holding together, but he exits the smoke-filled crater on its own legs! It's dragging something behind it... and yes, it seems that Siquo is also safe, his mech clinging to Haika's with its arm. Well, I guess it's pretty clear who the winner is in this situation. Having lost its legs, Siquo's mech is unable to continue the fight! Hm, what? Oh! It seems Siquo's mech was underrepaired! Due to this, the judges will decide the outcome of the battle! They are out on the field... it seems both machines have sustained equal amounts of damage during the fight... Haika rages over the commlink, his anger is understandable. The judges return, and announce their decision! The winner of the First RPS Tournament, and the First All-Time Champion of the RPS Mecha Battle League, iiiiiis.... HAIKA!!! We'll likely have to deduce the arena repair costs from the prizes of all of the winners, but it'll still leave them plenty of money to burn. Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!

PrinnyBaal, Eighth place!
Poultron, Seventh place!
Arbiter, Sixth place!
Kashyyk, Fifth place!
RAM, Runner-up in Fourth place!
Ajax, Bronze Scissors and 1000 cred winner! Third place!
Siquo, Silver Paper Roll and 5000 cred winner! Second place!
HAIKA, Gold Rock and 10000 cred winner, the First RPS Champion!

(please note, the arena repairs are estimated to cost over 15000 creds... so keep 200 creds each and get outta here before our lawyers get here)
PrinnyBaal: Hit for 6, -4 left.
Poultron: Hit for 2, -1 left.

Arbiter: Hit for 4, 6, -5 left.
Kashyyk: Hit for 3, 5, -2 left.

RAM: Hit for 2, -1 left.
Ajax: Not hit, 3 left.

Siquo: Hit for 6, -1 left.
Haika: Hit for 5, 1 left.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 01:17:19 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RPS Mecha Tournament!! Tournament 1 finished, Tournament Brawl incoming!
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2009, 02:09:52 pm »

Woot!

:) close one.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2009, 02:38:53 pm »

Close indeed! Congratulations are in order, well done. I was hoping you hadn't loaded another torpedo :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2009, 02:51:04 pm »

He didn't. He had 3 from the start. Looking at remaining ammo, I see that the initial plan of having 4 bouts was correct - it would be just barely enough.

Next tournament is up! Sign up for the first RPS Mecha Brawl!

I modified the rules a little, introducing a Point system that will allow to have several bouts, which will end with whoever has the most points by then being the winner.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2009, 03:07:48 pm »

Signing up. Runner up is not my place.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2009, 03:35:50 pm »

Yeah for the time I played, I spent all the shop time repairing my mech. Though I did bribe a mechanic back when I first started, and took over from the npc. I think that might have given me my edge. Or something, Hard to say with RPS.

Can we get a status update on mechs? Like how much time we have before the new tournament, or if we are starting totally fresh. I'd rather have a system where we grow and could add perks using the money we win from tournaments. Like extra hp capacity, or armor or something. Up to Sean though on that front.

Either way, sign me and my big target up for the brawl. :) Winner of the last tournament is usually an easy choice for first killing.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2009, 03:48:15 pm »

All three winners get 200 credits from the tournament. The others saved up 100 creds to enter the new one. And the mechs were never yours. Practically everyone had their mechs destroyed anyway, though only Kashyyk had a custom one.

I'm not sure I want to turn this into anything more serious than an RPS match, but go ahead, add RP to RPS. Design your mechs, name them and whatnot. You will still only be able to upgrade your guns and stuff during the match, not between matches. Feel free to keep your upgrades though - in this case, only RAM has the upgraded laser, and Ajax has upgraded missiles.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2009, 06:44:41 pm »

So can we spend our credits now, before the first new match?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2009, 06:53:53 pm »

No, only during. Otherwise there'd be no point in "fair play" - the more upgraded you are, the more often you win, after all.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2009, 07:51:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Meet the Mighty H... and yeah, quite a hackjob, but I was in the mood for some image work.

^.^

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2009, 04:29:25 pm »

*poke*

wow, I think I scared everyone away, not even a comment on my horrid photoshopping.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8