Melee
- 3 (21.4%)
Insta-kill
- 0 (0%)
Mass Brawl
- 4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: RPS Mecha Tournament!! Tournament 1 finished, Tournament Brawl incoming!  (Read 8633 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: RPS Mecha Tournament!! Kashyyk is holding up the tournament! Sign UP!!
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2009, 12:19:07 pm »

Oh, sorry.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2009, 12:33:41 pm »

... and you probably would've survived till the next round. No way I'd have him launch a pulverizer at this time.

Quote from: Announcer
The battle heats up between Kashyyk and Ajax, the final entrants in this tournament's first bout! Kashyyk lines up his torpedo tube with Ajax's mech and fires! Ajax mistakenly activated the gun turrets, and they barely manage to shoot the Pulverizer down! He returns fire with a six-missile salvo, of which only one actually hits the Achilles! Seeing his mech being worn down, Kashyyk activates his own defences and launches Revengers at Ajax! But only one missile hits Ajax, and his Pulverizer explodes too close to the Achilles! The custom-made mech is losing power, its control system is damaged! Kashyyk ejects from his machine, and it's good-bye another contender! Still standing in his machine is our fourth semi-finalist, AJAX!
Kashyyk: Hit for 1, 3 remaining.
Ajax: Hit for 3, 5 remaining.

Kashyyk: Hit for 5, -2 remaining.
Ajax: Hit for 1, 4 remaining.

Quite the mirror mania there. Kashyyk is eliminated, and we have all four semifinalists. We can keep Group B running with another pair of Player-vs-NPC duels, if the players so desire. Bout 2 will start now.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2009, 12:36:29 pm »

All losers of the first bout have 80 creds left, and new mechs with 10HP each. Your loadouts were kept.

All winners can start submitting actions, your enemies are in the second post. Do it via PM.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:43:40 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2009, 01:17:15 pm »

Before the semifinals start, we have an announcement. Due to sudden health problems, Cluster can not participate further. Taking his place is his companion, HAIKA! He is already on the arena, ready to face off with the winner of the last round, AJAX! And they're off! Haika charges at his opponent from the get-go, raising his mech's limbs for a melee attack! But what's this? Ajax attacks with Revengers, and there are not six, but seven of them! Only three manage to hit Haika as he charges, but they are enough to completely enrage him! Picking up speed, he rams Ajax with a FLYING KICK!! Oh my god, that will DEFINITELY leave a mark! Ajax is quick to get up, but his mech is seriously crippled. He manages to launch one more pack of Revengers while Haika rapidly manuevers into position, and this time SIX of the missiles find their target! Haika's mech loses balance and falls on its back, but not before he releases a Revenger salvo! Most of it goes into the sky, though. No, look, one missile has a lock on Ajax, WILL IT HIT?! YEEES, IT HITS! Ajax punches out of the crippled machine as it falls down in flames, what a rapid resolution we have just seen, the opponent is down with just two moves! Haika is unable to get up, but he is not out of the fight, and the first semi-finals victory goes to HAIKA!!!
Haika: Hit for 3, 7 remaining.
Ajax: Hit for 7, 1 remaining.

Haika: Hit for 6, 1 remaining.
Ajax: Hit for 1, 0 remaining.

Well, that was fast. And close. Three cheers for the first speed-win record on RPS Mecha Tournament! And Haika, the first finalist!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 01:21:40 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RPS Mecha Tournament!! Tournament 1, Semifinals started! Sign UP!!
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2009, 08:31:31 pm »

Wow, grats,  those professional mercenaries are so mechanical and precise when they don't have to deal with us rookies.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2009, 12:24:59 am »

When I was writing Haika's speed-battle, I suddenly remembered a unit from the SRW Alpha Gaiden. Its ultimate attack before it's upgraded (and possibly after, since it includes missiles) is quite likely what it would've looked like if I bothered to describe it all.

Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmaLR7eXp2U

edit: Curiosity prompted me to look some more, and its ultimate from SRW Z suits even better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96R5D9Q4Ads&feature=related
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:35:51 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2009, 01:20:17 am »

Woot, always did love the Super Robot series of games. Front Mission type gameplay, with Fire Emblem type graphics. Sadly, they don't have many of them translated to english, at least not since the last time I checked.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2009, 01:23:23 am »

Official ones are OG and OG2 for the GBA, IIRC.

There's a fan-translated Alpha Gaiden for the PSX, and the SRW J translation is coming up for the GBA.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2009, 05:16:16 am »

While we wait for the last round of Group A to begin, let's turn our attention to arenas three and four, where the losers of the quarterfinal fight against each other!

PrinnyBaal and Arbiter open up with salvos of Revenger missiles! It's hard to tell whose missiles are whose on the arena, but PrinnyBaal's point defence easily picks off the ones aimed for his mech. Arbiter fires his boosters and attempts to evade, but one missile has his name on it and hits him despite his efforts! PrinnyBaal switches to laser fire, and his opponent continues the mirror mania! This time, the lasers bounce ineffectually off Arbiter's shields, and PrinnyBaal's manuevers only lessen the damage!

While we watched, Siquo and RAM have finally left their hangars and have begun the second semi-finals fight of the tournament! Trying for a one-shot ending, RAM shoots a torpedo at his opponent! Siquo skillfully evades, but still gets caught in the blast, retaliating with Scorcher fire! RAM's defence choice is excellent, and his mech is perfectly protected by reflector shields. It should be noted that RAM's mech looks rather beat-up already, it seems the pilot has had better things to do than repair his machine - let's hope his choice works out well for him!

Meanwhile, Group B fights continue to escalate! Kashyyk begins his match against Poultron with a direct hit to his opponent's torso! The Pulverizer throws Poultron's mech to the ground, but half of his Revenger missiles manage to reach the repaired Achilles! The explosions shatter the mech's shoulder armor, exposing the endo-frame! Poultron tries to take advantage of his foe, launching a Pulverizer, but Kashyyk recuperates in time to attempt an evasion! What a blast, the Achilles is damaged by shrapnel even at this distance! Kashyyk serves his revenge with missiles! Oh, but Poultron is ready for them, the Revengers are shot down and Kashyyk is mad with rage!

And back to the fight in arena three, where opponents continue the dance of destruction! PrinnyBaal scores a laser hit on Arbiter as he tries to dodge his opponent's missile salvo! Both mechs are damaged, and the opponents suddenly decide to split apart! PrinnyBaal and Arbiter simultaneously boost away from each other, at the same time showering the area with missiles! Vapor trails everywhere, it's hard to see who hits whom! Whoa, some missiles collide in flight! Explosions and smoke conceal most of the arena, but we can see that each mech has suffered at least two hits! This fight is drawing to a close, ladies and gentlemen, no way these two fighters can keep this tempo up much longer.
This is long, so I'll concatenate:

Siquo: Hit for 2, 7 remaining.
RAM: Not hit, 6 remaining.

PrinnyBaal: Hit for 0,4,3,2; 1 remaining.
Arbiter: Hit for 1,0,3,2; 4 remaining.

Poultron: Hit for 7,0; 3 remaining.
Kashyyk: Hit for 3,2: 5 remaining.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2009, 12:20:54 pm »

Oh, did I forget the next announcement?

RAM and Siquo show their mettle as they inexplicably predict each other's moves! Both mechs have simultaneously opened Scorcher fire at each other, and both have activated reflectors to protect themselves, resulting in a pretty, but dangerous light show! Emergency medical teams requested to sector 6, row seven, and sector 2, row fifteen. Spectators are again reminded that full face shaded masks are not given out as souveniers on the arena!
Siquo: Not hit, 7 remaining.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2009, 10:27:29 am »

I suppose Siquo won't be rethinking his action. Oh well.

In a marvellous display of solidarity, the opponents continue to stand apart and pound on each other with powerful lasers! It does no good to either, because both have kept their shields on, and reflected rays are beginning to melt through Arena Standard protective masks! Emergency medical teams requested in sectors 1, 3, 6, and 7! Get someone into our booth as well, I think I'm getting sunburn. Spectators warning: it is advised to refrain from prolonged looking on the combatants until further notice.
Siquo: Not hit, 7 remaining.

And where are Kashyyk and PrinnyBaal?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2009, 11:29:48 am »

They packed nothing but lasers, right?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2009, 12:18:06 pm »

No, and that's what's interesting!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2009, 06:39:37 pm »

Hmm, dosen't seem to be a whole lot of interest here.

I've been debating taking the mech idea and turning it into a full in depth turned based rpg. Wondering what people think of the idea?

Some of my imagined features:
3 types of mech, mechanical, magical, biological.
use money to purchase repairs and upgrades.
upgrades and ammo have weights, each mech has a max weight(increased by upgrades)
2 turn types, combat turn, repair turn.
lore based on the DF world gone into the future. Ala 'the year 3000' sans flashlights.
mechs have stats like speed, heat, armor, hp
weapons have ranges, s/m/l and it takes some time depending on speed stat to change range.
each weapon has a damage and accuracy amount.

Not sure if anyone will be interested, or if there may already be something like this floating around somewhere(haven't seen anything). It might end up being like a RTD without random actions, but I haven't decided yet. Hope sean dosen't mind me discussing it here, hopefully to try and drum up more interest in the current tourney
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2009, 08:38:05 pm »

I am interested.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8