Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129080 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.7 or V6.7 A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2011, 01:08:28 pm »

7.Why can't we have anything other than youkais right now?

Well ask yourself this question: Should Reimu live in a cave? Should she live under a mound of dirt? There's alot of problems to be conisdered with that plus her age would be limited too due to being a human, same goes for Marisa. Making them live longer would sort of brake the trend I'm trying to conduct here. Perhaps if there is someway to introduce a "unique individual" that would only be born in a specific time period and influence history, I would consider throwing them in. But as of this point, that's hardly possible. Sounds like a DF question I should dump for toady for the next DF talk.

Also consider the limited locations, some things wouldn't work out for some charaters. As I would love to make SDM come into the picture, but sadly she lives in a mansion, but if in the future, we can customize and make a vampire and her sister become nobles and rule a mansion, live with a maid, a youkai librarian, a little devil, and a youkai that serves as a body guard. I would glad throw the SDM team in the whole thing. But that's not quite possible. Same can be said for our new hopping zombie, I would like a graveyard for her to live in. ect. Again, more DF talk type questions I should ask.
Something to consider is that if Reimu was a megabeast, in fortress mode, she'll be coming to you, not the other way around. If you were the weak fodder present in a lot of the games, it seems okay to think that that Reimu is traveling around, beating up youkai and solving incidents. The only problem is in Adventure mode, where you'll find Reimu living in a cave.

Something I thought about messing with was using PerfectWorld to create the geography Gensokyo, and making quick little fortresses where I thought the places would be. But then it seemed sort of boring, because I don't think there are any deserts or anything in Gensokyo.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2011, 06:35:11 am »

Simulating night blindness is fairly easy - just introduce a syndrome that targets the eyes.  CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION instead of necrosis simply makes the eyes stop working if you want temporary effects.

Make Rumia have an undirected gas, and Mystia have a trailing vapor flow.  That would make Rumia have a general area of blindness, while Mystia purposefully aims her blindness at targets.

Anyway, I just want to point out that Yamame might be a spider, but she's listed as being friendly to others, and there's no indication of being a man-eater the way that Rumia is.  (That said, if we had a fortress with a tameable Yamame megabeast or night creature, I'd give in and start playing this mod, because that would just be adorable.)

True, but let's also note that people still fear Yamane for her ability, humans and youkai alike. So she still needs to at the very least strike fear in the hears of everyone. Wether or not she fights anyone.

Also catching and taming a Touhou... seems a bit odd. But to be fair, I didn't have plans to do that orginally, but that doesn't mean you can't edit the tags. :3 But one thing I will say. At least in my mod, catching them will not be easy at all.

Right now though my main concern is them being too OP at the moment. I want a serious challenge but alot of experiments have made Rumia become a litteral killling machine.

A recent showed that it took an army of 10 steel armored Suikas to take down Rumia. :P This is starting to sound like Yuuka or EX-Rumia here instead of Rumia. :P
Well ask yourself this question: Should Reimu live in a cave? Should she live under a mound of dirt?

What if my answer to these questions is "yes"? 

If you just run with "poor Reimu" fanon, and say her shrine got detroyed again, and she gave up on fixing it...

Anyway, what about Kogasa, Parsee and/or Hina night creatures? 

Alternately, you could just make some sort of "curse goddess" type of creature, which wouldn't be "Parsee" or "Hina" per-se, but rather just generic goddesses of the same type.

The same goes for the other characters - they are all based upon classic Japanese mythological creatures, so you can just make a jurogumo, rather than having three "Yamames" running around the world.

EDIT:

Ah! One more thing... Shouldn't all the SA characters be Forgotten Beasts?!  (Or at least, Jurogumos should replace the GCS...)  They're cavern creatures, after all.

Too bad the procedural creatures can't be modded yet.
Where to begin, first off about the "poor Reimu" thing. Something about her doing that doesn't seem that normal. Sure she's a poor Miko, but at least she always has the luck of making it through. Plus my goal is to try to keep some of the canon elements that make up the charaters, which is why I want to aim to get Reimu say....Run a shrine, have a known history of fighting monster /slay youkai, yet has a hard time getting food, thus wandering around looking for some on a regular basis. I think the carvan system that's coming up in the future might answer this.

Course on a more interesting note, I have found out I could make night creatures become lawgivers of a city. Which amuses me. So maybe there can be something for some of the more peaceful charater to do in the future....but that's long term planning....

Now about the charaters you suggested.

Kogasa: Let's remember that Kogasa's main abiliity is to surprise people. An predator ambusher tag would work but it seems to go down hill from there. Kogasa's main idea of fun is to surprise people, not attempt to kill them in the process. :P because the tag would be a predator she would be aggressive. I think what is needed here are more tags, perhaps a prankster, and a way to scare people away. Also she now lives in a graveyard in Touhou 13 which she now calls home since she can now "Successfully surprise people."

Parsee: Eh, the idea seems easy, jealousy induced bridge princess causing trouble for people. But there' still a state of conflict in one point. I would like it if Parsee did take over a bridge. That would fit her position very nicely if that were the case. But otherwise, I think making a burrow go down to a subterranian cave would be easy too. I just feel without a bridge, it wouldn't be well... Parsee.

Hina: Hina may actually have potential. She was once concsidered on my list. But I then dropped her worrying about, could she be able to function well as a cursed goddess?

To be fair though, Hina just wanders around collecting curses and taking away misfortune.  It's the fact that her own body radiates with curses that steers people away from her. Course she might be able to develop some infulences in some regions when I think of it. She would probably function alot like how I plan to make Mysita, somewhat non-agressive, unless threatened. That and her body would raidate with curses and misfortune. Course I would be nice if there were more condition to make a curse more believeable. :P

Now about making the touhous all simple charaters based upon what they are. I once considered that as an option when I started working on different youkais, but then I realize: What makes Gensokyo loved for what it is: It's charaters. Now just what they are, but who they are and thier personalities. So I decided to it would be better to include Touhous in the game just as long as the meet thier requirements.

Good news is with the experiments I've been doing with Rumia, not once has she kidnapped someone to attempt to convert into a spouce despite being a night creature. She's a bit different from the standard night creature. (Perhaps it's because I made her insanely strong and she appears as a female only charater?

However, i didn't completely rule out putting in youkai based on the actual myths, but I haven't decided how to impliment them yet. But the goal will be to ultimately replace all the animals in DF with a youkai or Touhou or yukkuri. As long as I take thier behavior and myths into account.

As for SA charaters becoming Forgotten beast? No. For three reasons: One, forgotten beast are ALWAYS randomly generated. So there is no way you can make a customized Forgotten beast (yet). Second, like Remillia and the SDM crew. The Chideren group (The Komeiji Sister, Orin and Utsuho) would all need to be able to live close together somehow. This again sounds like something (I'm hoping) Today will do in the long run is allow us to customize charater to be able to live in a specific area, and have connects with another charater. it would make everything fit together nicely. Plus, I would need some way for Utusho to manage the magma sea as well. :P

Finally for the same reasons as I mentioned about why I'm not including more powerful youkai:

They need their powers, I know I'm probably having wishful thinking. I but I have high anticipated hopes for the magic system. I'm hoping it'll be elaborate enough that I can do things like:

Give Orin the ability to summon zombie faries on the whim
Let Utusho launch gigantic fire balls not the small ones we know in the DF game so far. I'm talking about launching a fireball that's like...3x3 or 5x5 titles in size with explosions!.
Have Koishi be able to vanish before you eyes.
Satori being able to fully anticipate attack (And not just with using high agilitiy and evasion alone)

Plus again, with wishful thinking of Danmaku formation. Though I know this might be a stretch, but I'm willing to sit and wait for Toady to get to magic just for this.
Something to consider is that if Reimu was a megabeast, in fortress mode, she'll be coming to you, not the other way around. If you were the weak fodder present in a lot of the games, it seems okay to think that that Reimu is traveling around, beating up youkai and solving incidents. The only problem is in Adventure mode, where you'll find Reimu living in a cave.

Something I thought about messing with was using PerfectWorld to create the geography Gensokyo, and making quick little fortresses where I thought the places would be. But then it seemed sort of boring, because I don't think there are any deserts or anything in Gensokyo.

Yeah, that's another reason why I avoided this. However I'm interested in the fact that with the POWER tag, I realize I can turn night creatures into Law-givers! This does actually open up some posibility for having a certain charater be able to rule a city, but I'm not in a gigantic hurry for that either due to reasons mentioned above.

With that aside. I'm in a bit of complication here: This is a problem I've had for a while with Suika fortress which I either haven't had time, or can't figure out.

You see, I have made certain yukkuri be able to secrete gas from thier bodies to release toxic poison effect or syndroms if the said charater runs into the gas. All's fine. But the problem is sort of odd.

Cause what happens isn't exactly normal. The creature that Secretes the gas seems to almost always cause the gland (that's placed in the body body part) to burst due to condensing. So from looking at adventure mode, I notice it always show the said creature to be mortally wounded despite that they are not.

Here's the gland formula:
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:POISON]
[TISSUE_NAME:poison:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON]
[TISSUE_MAT_STATE:GAS]
                [MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:100]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
        [TISSUE:GLAND]
[TISSUE_NAME:poison core:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:HEART]
[TISSUE_MAT_STATE:SOLID]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:GLAND]
[TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:POISON]
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:GAS:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:GLAND]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:120000]
        [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:ANIMAL_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:poison mist]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:poison mist]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:poison mist]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:poison mist]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:poison mist]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:poison mist]

Now this is just an example here, but the results are always the same. The gland in the heart explodes from condensing and it always shows that (heart's poison is gone) extract and heart are the same as they are in the vinilla pretty much so you should be able to figure it out from there. If someone has a solution to this fix I would appriciate it alot!

Also a final question: For Rumia's darkness effect. I'm symptoms seem to take effect, but I'm not sure wether or not it's really working. If the effects are working, shouldn't my vision drop to like near zero? Cause I can still see everything in the Arena.

Here's the syndrome to Rumia's darkness effect:
   [CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:100:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:EYE:START:1:PEAK:100:END:300]If everything's correct then fine, I'll accept it. Though it seems odd thier vision isn't droping.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:40:50 am by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2011, 12:11:48 pm »

I used a similar syndrome in the arena which worked fine for me.
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:1000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:START:5:PEAK:7:END:7000]
But naturally, this lasts a lot longer. Just try messing with the numbers a bit and make sure you're not controlling something with extravision.

Also a way to make Hina's curse more believable is to have the syndromes be very delayed, so you'll just be walking around then be drowsy for no reason.

Generally, the problem with modding Touhou into Dwarf Fortress is that they're like complete opposites.

-Touhou has elaborate bullet patterns. Dwarf Fortress only has straight-forward shots.
-Ghosts in Touhou hardly do anything other than chill out, unless they're bad ghosts. Ghosts in Dwarf can murder people, and the only thing you can do about it is memorialize them to put them at rest.
-No one in Touhou dies in the games. Everyone dies in Dwarf Fortress.
-Everyone made PC-98 sound all hardcore without the spellcard rules, but everyone's all bark and no bite. Everyone in Dwarf Fortress is willing to bite your face off without warning.
-You beat up people in Touhou then talk about it over a cup of tea. There isn't even any tea in Dwarf Fortress, and there's almost no negotiation for anything.
-When you die in Touhou, you go *gachaaaa-* then disappear into a poof of dust, power, and continue. When you die in dwarf, there's a good chance your skull has been smashed in, or your lower body part is sailing in an arc above you.

Working on my own mod, it didn't take me too long to realize, "Man, this is oddly brutal for the Touhouverse," then try to think about some lame backstory to justify why something like this might happen.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »

Wait, Yamame has to be a maneater because people are afraid of her, even though she doesn't harm anyone, but Kogasa can't be because she doesn't harm anyone?

Anyway, I think that night creature law givers are actually a result of the way that legends mode records the transformation...

I've seen this with dwarven kings, as well - they were kings, but were kidnapped by night creatures and converted, at which point, a new king was appointed, but it still records a "night creature" as the king of the civ, even though they stopped being a king when they became the night creature.  (They then attack their old kingdom until they are killed by one of their former subjects.)

Also, if you try, you might be able to get a "Reimu" as a queen of your Suika civ, though.  Then Reimu lives with the Suikas if they manage to make a nice enough place for Reimu, where she can get plenty of food.

I'm not sure if there's any way to actually make some sort of night creature transformation that makes Reimu a different creature type than the Suikas, though. 

If eyes have impaired function, they should appear cyan in the wounds section, and your ability to see the surrounding area should turn dark gray, like it was something you had seen before, but was now obstructed from view.  Only things in the tiles next to you should be visible.

If that isn't happening, you're not blind.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2011, 08:58:17 am »

Well after a series of test, I was able to make some interesting things occur:

For starters, Rumias, still continues her habits of wondering around the world and eating those she comes acorss. It's pretty amusing to see her go on this wicked rampage, and  in all her cases she always survives.

Meanwhile, Mystia, seems to do fine only sometimes. She is more passive so it's no surprise. But she still has to deal with someone trying to hunt her down so she does have to fight every now and then. And in one case she went after a night creature. Regardless though, because of her passive nature, she seems more at risk of being exterminated compared to Rumia. Other than that though she seems fine.

What's going to be amusing to try will be do Wriggle Nightbug, because she's going to pretty much have loads of ways to cause some sort of infection through her insects. I'm going to likely take cave spider bite, wasp stings, fire ant bites, and catapiller stings. All which can range, from swelling, to necrosis and even vomiting and in one case, internal bleeding.

Yamane should also be fun to try cause I'm hoping I can make her own webbing infectious (that is possible right) more or less if you even come in contact with her web you'll likely catch a diesease of some sort, same goes for her breath attacks.

Kisume's probably gonna be the weakest of the bunch since she mainly launches fire.

Medience on the other than may be the biggest risk to take on do to her constant spraying of her poison. More or less like the Medikkuri, but more deadly symptoms and will definetly be stronger than the Medikkuris.

Other than that, as of this point, all records show the the Touhous I have used in world gen seem to managed fine and non seem to ever go looking for someone to convert which is amusing.

So in the end, chance are these charaters I will be putting in will be one of a kind. :P Anyways, more to come as I keep working...

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2011, 03:04:23 pm »

Here's another update. Medicine, Kisume and Wriggle are done.

Alot of the tags I've been using and experimenting have proved to be quite a mess since this was the first time I used mutipule breath attacks. But thankfully it works.

Wriggle is able to cause all sort of toxins depending on the bugs she launches.

Kisume is not too surprisingly weak. Though she does have high defense to make up for it.

Finally Medicine is a dangerous threat in general. Just like her yukkuri preddessor. But alot more harder to take out. (Without the proper items) She almost reminds me of a bronze collosus from the early 0.31 days minus the breakage that can occur now. (yes, she's can be that tough)

Other than that World Gen is proving to be interesting. I still see that the youkais don't reproduce which is a good thing. Course thier survival rate varies.

As of this point. I got 5 of them in there. And 3-4 of them live. Kisume seems prone to being exterminated alot more compared to Mediciene, but the other seems to have the most successful survival rate.

I'll just say it might be hard to keep every Touhou alive at this rate. Not impossible but it might be hard...

Anyways, Yamane's the only one left! This should be interesting to see how I can make spiderweb infectious. XD

Other than that, just some sprites and tweaks then I'll be releasing my next update.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2011, 05:14:09 am »

Ok, here's the news I have to share for now.

Good News: Yamane is now in working order, and she's got loads of way to make your Suikas lives a living hell. :P Ranging from maisma breath, spider bites, fevers and webbing. Pretty much what I could call a "Super Giant Cave Spider". :P She pretty much shows to be a very serious threat arena wise.

Bad News: Seem making the web diseased is not possible since the sickness related features Toady put in mainly apply to material breath, injections and infectionus blood. As I discovered with Gnome Blight, there isn't an effective way to use it unless you brake the vials, so... that leaves little for the web to do other than get you stuck. Perhaps in the future though this will change. For the time being I'm keeper her webbing infection on incase Toady gets around to fixing and making some items like Gnomeblight more useful.

But now for the good part!

As of this point, I've finished the backbone work for this Suika Fortress update. All that remains now is to work on tweaking, fixing some errors and adding in and placing the sprites for all the new additions. I will likely have it done hopefully by sometime on Monday at the earliest. (though it could be sooner if I'm lucky?)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2011, 01:44:23 am »

OK slight problem.

Currently on corpse drop items and I'm stuck with one that's giving me a bit of trouble with getting one charater to drop a paticular fish....

[ITEMCORPSE:FISH_RAW:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:FISH_LAMPREY_BROOK]
If you can help me with this problem I should have everything ready. I could do an alternative, but then a certain "bird lover" might jump on me for it. :P

Anyways, any quick help with what I need to the tag would be nice. Thanks.

Edit: Same goes for this too:

[ITEMCORPSE:VERMIN:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:ROACH_LARGE]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:50:09 am by Totaku »

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2011, 01:52:54 am »

Try this?

[ITEMCORPSE:FISH_RAW:NONE:FISH_LAMPREY_BROOK:MALE]

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.9 or V6.9: Now with Touhou night creatures!
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2011, 05:09:14 am »

Alright gang, it's time to announce that Suika Fortress has been updated now!

As I've said in the link I'll post it here as well:
Made a whole bunch of new things that I've put in this time! First up: Fairies, Kedama and zombie fairies to add some flavor to Gensokyo's atmopshere. But also managed to include for the first time some actual Touhou charaters for once.

The Touhou charaters function as night creatures though they don't reproduce, so they are a rare find. Of course if you look around, maybe you might be lucky to find one! Who knows maybe you might embark on it's territory?!

Anyways, as of right now, I've mainly started on some of the more basic youkai as a base to see how everyone accepts the idea I've put together. So far I've included Rumia, Mystia, Yamane, Kisume, Wriggle and Medicine. Course if your lucky you might get one as a pet.  But who knows.... (Technically I want to make them exotic pets, but that'll have to wait) Course, since these are night creatures, I have no garuntee wether or not you'll get them as potential pets or not. I'm just hoping.

Finally, I've added Sunflower seeds to allow you to grow sun flowers which has multipul uses, from food, to oil, to flour.

Known Bugs: Medicine's combat daialouge seems to suggest that her skins splatter on her target, but to be fair, it's really suppose to be poison. I'm unsure what's triggering the effects. Though I think it's because I have multisecration on her. If you can find the cause or a fix to it, that can help and I'll make the fix needed for it.

Please feel free to report any more bugs and errors you might come across.

You should all be able to see a more Gensokyo like Atmosphere now if you go embarking in the new version. And like I said, if anyone knows where the problem in Medicine's "skin splatter" issue and find a solution for it it could of some help. Even though it's severly minor and probaly unnoticable. :P Otherwise, she works find and stands up to being challenging like she should.

Anyways, with this out of the way, first off I want to thank Patchouli for lending a hand with finding my errors with corpse drop issues since I'm sort of new with working on the proper tagging for that.

But now, let;s jump to the next step of the program!

The Inaba and yukkuri update!

I think this is what I got planned for the future. Now how much I decided to work on and split up between now and by the next release is still to be determined...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:11:18 am by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.9 or V6.9 Now with Touhou Night Creatures!
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2011, 09:48:41 am »

While I'm not ready yet to jump to the next step, I have noticed that there's something I'm going to see about tweaking: Eyeballs and wormy tendrils. I didn't know the grass there was so.....animated.

Sort of gave me an idea so I'm going to probably do a quick fix update for this.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2011, 01:40:02 pm »

Whoah jumbled raws... I guess your not using the same text editor as me.

Some errors and oddities I noticed in there:

The poison attack tries to use a non existent POISON material, instead of the available FLUID and VENOM materials. It picks whatever material is first in the list instead, in this case, skin. You also seem to refer to a GLAND tissue that doesnt exist.

All material and tissues are loaded twice, with the body plan tags and by calling each entry seperately.

There is also a... lot of extract templates, virtualy identical ones. It wont botch the game or anything, it just seems a bit inefficient. Music extract is an interesting concept though.

The miasma thing you can do by using a secretion tag and a boiling material called miasma, but since you cant control the amouth it just constantly bellows miasma everywhere. Might be a bit of an overkill.

EDIT: tested in arena, the attack works with the right material, and her profile says 'her heart is condensed'. hahaha. I think this might be the gland tissue problem.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:50:15 pm by Grimlocke »
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2011, 05:25:19 pm »

Some errors and oddities I noticed in there:

The poison attack tries to use a non existent POISON material, instead of the available FLUID and VENOM materials. It picks whatever material is first in the list instead, in this case, skin. You also seem to refer to a GLAND tissue that doesnt exist.

All material and tissues are loaded twice, with the body plan tags and by calling each entry seperately.

There is also a... lot of extract templates, virtualy identical ones. It wont botch the game or anything, it just seems a bit inefficient. Music extract is an interesting concept though.

Wow, thanks for pointing this out. I was fixing to release this, but at least now I have something work with I'll take the notes you provided and see what I can do to resolve the problem. Course I may ask for some help if needed too.

Also the raws are probably jumbled because I do the process all manually through mac's text edit. :P

Finally about the extract. Yes alot of them are duplicate, the reason for that: I need different colors of extracts. So thus I make extracts of different colors when needed.

The miasma thing you can do by using a secretion tag and a boiling material called miasma, but since you cant control the amouth it just constantly bellows miasma everywhere. Might be a bit of an overkill.

That's the reason I'd never make a maisma ability through secretion. Because of 2 reasons:

1. It constantly comes pouring out at an insane rate. Maisamas suppose to come out slow and fill up the place.

2. It won't give Suikas unhappy thoughts. At least I don't think it will. The only thing it'll do is syndrom related stuff which I prefer not to do since I want maiasma like that in the game. But that's all hard coded I think. Thus why I can't add Yoshika in just yet. (But to be fair, Yoshika's consider to have a good complextion for a zombie (from Reimu's viewpoint) so maybe she doesn't stink as bad? I might reconsider, but I still need a graveyards to exsist in adventure mode or something like this to make it possible.)
EDIT: tested in arena, the attack works with the right material, and her profile says 'her heart is condensed'. hahaha. I think this might be the gland tissue problem.

Yeah, I could never solve the gland problem. It always seems to condense no matter what changes I do with the poison (or melts or ignites). So I pretty much let it go since it doesn't cause any serious problems so to speak of. But I'll look through it again to see if I can find a fix (don't be surprise if I can't though)

But yeah, thank for your input. This is what I am looking for to help me know where I need to start working at. So I guess I will look carefully through Medicene's raws and see how many of her material is duplicated and fix it one by one. Though if your reffering to the fact she's got porcelian skin and normal skin(as well as other body parts), that's sort of ok. Because she's a doll turned youkai. So I assume that at the very most she had two layers of skin for both her porcelian and natural body. (Besides, making her completely porcelian makes her too fragile which is what I'm trying to avoid.)

Course if you have a rendition of the tweaks you done to make Medicine work better, that could help too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:39:25 pm by Totaku »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2011, 07:29:07 pm »

Think I got most of them here. Removed all the materials that the standart material tag allready put in, cleaned up some needless name tags, fixed the poison thing and also found your condensing heart problem. It wasnt missing the tissue (the tag was just in realy weird place for me) but the tissue had a GAS material state and a liquid material.

Heres some raws. For some reason they dont show up messed up on the forums, I guess Windows is just stupid. Well no news there...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2011, 11:28:06 pm »

Zombies produce miasma thanks to the fact that they have necrotic flesh.  Maybe you can make your creatures produce miasma by somehow making them inject themselves with a syndrome that only they are vulnerable to that causes necrosis in some small, superficial part you construct?  If that part regenerates and goes necrotic constantly, it should continue spewing out normal miasma, like an undead does.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33