Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129057 times)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile

I took a look at the video and have to say I'm amused with how the Let's Play began. XD This is going to be one insane adventures. Suikas are too drunk and forgot to bring a furnace and picks. It's recipe for FUN! And so our poor Suikas must live in log cabins till the fall. XD

Anways here's my view on it:

The Good: At least the beginning was interesting, especially with how you messed up. I think this will be an amusing adventure as you keep progressing. I guess you did alright for a rather "quick intro" to Suika Fortress and Touhou. Though I wish you could of went a little more indepth about Touhou. But that's your call since it's your let's play, not mine. Probably the best way to describe it is like Don-pachi or Ikaruga with girls replacing ships. At least that's how I'd do it. XD But yes I'm definetely watching this.

The Bad: Not paticularly bad, but I had a feeling you were going to mess up pronouncing things which is why I made that offer to you help you via PM. Cause I'd be worried how some people in the Touhou-fanbase would pick upon it when they caught wind of it.

But anyways, let me go over what you could of done better on with pronoucing.

Suika- "Sue Wii Ka" As in "I'll 'sue' you", Nintendo 'Wii' " and well you got ka correct.

Touhou- "Toe Hoe" Yes, as in the "toe" of your foot, and a gardening "hoe"

Oni - "O knee" Like letter "O" and the "knee" of your leg.

Parseekuri - "Par see ku ri" Par as in par in golf, see as in "I see you" and I know you got kuri correct, so I'm not going to try to explain that.

YukkuReisen - "You ku Ray sen" - Yukku you got right, but you pronounced Reisen as "Rai sen" should be "Ray sen" you know like Raisens.

I think that covers what mistakes you made with pronoucing on the LP.

Anyways you did a good job so far. Though don't be surprised if some Touhou fans come across it and say "what" with how you pronouce it.

Look forward to the rest. : )
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:57:27 am by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile

Looks and sounds good so far. And I butchered quite a few touhou names when I first started playing the games too and still do occasionally. Most people should forgive you for it I'd think. Though do take the advice of people like Totaku though, they'll get you set straight on the pronounciations.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I still butcher Touhou names. Nobody around here cares, although that's probably because I know 2 Touhou fans. One butchers the names too and I try to avoid the other one.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I've been trying to work on this, but things keep coming up. First life, then bills, and then trying to find a job and make money... it's hard to keep things afloat here...

I'm trying to hurry to get this done. Cause after today has passed depending on if my connection is still active since I payed off part of the bill. I may or may not have access (unless I'm lucky enough to find a Wifi spot). Course I'm hoping this'll be temporary. But I will note that probably after this update things will likely slow down a bit because I have to find work.

Need work to make money, need money to keep internet, need internet to continue Suika Fortress. So yeah you get the picture. It's a hectic life out there for a graphic designer. :P

But anyways, be ready for another Suika Fortress update come tomorrow (wether it be via wifi or at home. :P) It'll contain some additional yukkuri and some tweaks I did thanks to someone pointing it out to me...

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews

If u need to take time out u can dude we will all understand y u are gone ^_^. I wont mark u down on my review for not being here because of RL :P it is nice to hear from u though
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

Hope things turn out alright for you, man.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile

Get rl straightened out and then come back stronger than ever. Good luck and see ya when you get back.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok time for an update

Suika Fortress 0.6.93!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1601

This updates another small one, but the picture gives you an idea of what's in it but here's the description.

Added in Kyouko and Miyako yukkuri, removed Capybara men, fixed gourds in place of pots and put back jugs. And also fixed eyeball grass and wormy Tendills again to make them see more...natural

Yeah, that's what I promised for this update. Someone pointed out to me that gourds should be in place of pots since those hold liquids rather than jugs, that hold Honey.

Anyways, I will be pretty busy for the time being. I will still be able to work on Suika Fortress, but it won't be a top priority at the moment for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post. But don't worry cause I'll probably bring up stuff every now and then, so keep your eyes on this thread as I'll likely continue. Just be a little paitent, that's all. ^^

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews

The picture looks all pretty and phsycadelic :P
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The picture looks all pretty and phsycadelic :P

Then you should try embarking in certain evil areas now a days. There's a small but good chance that when you embark in those areas, you'll come across this type of grass. Fun part about wormy tendils is that they always fidgit and move around constantly while eyeball grass blinks. (and yes this is the natrual color that was in DF's colors and action of that grass there.)

I also forgot to mention that I had tried to make the Miyako yukkuri release miasma (by making it self rot) but it didn't go well. Mainly because it ended up dying under it's own Necrosis over time.... So it's sort of a waste... Still everything else about it seems about right with it. And to be fair, like Reimu once said to Miyako in the 13th game. "She  has a good complextion for a zombie." So she probably doesn't exactly smell all that rotten either." (Just becareful when you come across a Miyako yukkuri, they'll likely try to eat you any chance they get. :P)

Course when Release 1 of the Caravan arc is up. I'm hoping this will make this place even more....FUN. :P
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 07:38:57 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wow, as I keep watching the reports of the undead and necromancers that Toady keeps putting together I'm becoming more and more tempted that the more undead citizens of Touhou can now be applied in this future update.

Some ideas I'm definetly considering after Release 1 is out is possibly including Yoshika and Orin. The idea of necromancers and undead coming back to life just keeps me having filled that I can eventually be able to create the ultimate Touhou based DF mod.

Also no I haven't gotten to working on Inabas or any PC-98 yukkuris or anything like that yet. That will come once I get things settled. Still looking for work anyways.

But anyways, I just thought I bring this up cause all these annoucements have me pretty hyped since it will mean more possibilities.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just two questions though, before i play this mod.

are plants moded, and if they are is there a guide to them?

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just two questions though, before i play this mod.

are plants moded, and if they are is there a guide to them?

Most of the plants are the same, you still have your plump helmets, cave wheat, and the like. Their drink names are different, but are still the same pretty much.

The only thing that's different is I've thrown in new plants along with the old ones.

The additional plants I include are the following:

Spoiler: List of new plants (click to show/hide)

There might be more I'll add in with time, but these are the ones I pretty much have in the most current mod.

I'll probably make a guide eventually, but that will come as Suika Fortress continues to get further fleshed out.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:26:39 am by Totaku »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

How... just how have I missed this thread?

Anyway, touhouwiki has abandoned wikia ages ago, so I'll just add this to the "Fangames" in the new wiki.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:56:58 am by Darvi »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How... just how have I missed this thread?

Anyway, touhouwiki has abandoned wikia ages ago, so I'll just add this to the "Fangames" in the new wiki.

Cool to see that my piece has been included now in the offical Touhou wiki (never liked the wikia all that much. :P

But anyways, I'm here to report that I have managed to get a job now along with some freelance work. So once I get my pay from either my clients or my work around the end of the month I should be starting to get back into working on Suika Fortress though I'll probably only work on it during the weekdays since my weekend will be devoted to part time work. Should be fun since I work on the night shift. :P

Anyways, I guess I'm going to have to look over release 1 once it's release and start planning out undead bodies for all the races creatures.....fun... Seems my list of things I want to do keeps building... Course I think my  main concern ATM will be the Inaba race. Let's see how this all unfolds around next month....

Edit: I also noticed Ult1mara has given my mod a rating. And personally surprised how good it is. I know some things aren't going to happen yet due to my "limitations" but that why I sit back and wait for the updates as the slowly come along. Cause "eventually" I should be able to make a pretty accurate form of Gensokyo in the long run. Even if it is barbaric and crazy. I just hope I'll be able to launch tons of danmaku on the screen one day.... oh the FUN we can have with that!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:02:48 pm by Totaku »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33