Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: The Metal Thread  (Read 22742 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: The Metal Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2009, 06:49:23 pm »

>.>

I like ZZ Top.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2009, 07:09:24 pm »

and you should

though it doesn't really has anything to do with metal

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2009, 07:26:42 pm »

and you should

though it doesn't really has anything to do with metal

Second cousin, once removed.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2009, 09:22:54 pm »

ZZ Top is badass.  Can't say I listen to them all that much, but damn do I ever respect the bastards.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2009, 10:03:04 pm »

Ne Obliviscaris, a progressive black metal band from Melbourne, Australia. Nothing more need be said.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2009, 04:20:23 am »

Why do so many people here hate DragonForce? You can't deny that they are extremely talented, especially with instrumental performance.

I don't understand it either. Except for Where Dragons rule, they're not bad.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2009, 12:21:48 pm »

I don't like dragonforce for the same reason I don't much like dream theater. Boring, wanky solos dominate their live work and sometimes their albums. I don't want a solo to be scales played really, really fast.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2009, 12:56:59 pm »

On the Dragonforce topic:

Dragonforce is not by any means a BAD band, they just don't appeal to me. A freind of mine bought two of their Cd's and we listen to both, well parts of both. We both agreed that most of the songs we listened to sounded like a recycled version of other songs.

On the ZZ Top bit:

There is no shame in liking ZZ Top. they are one of 4 bands that I heard once and loved instantly.

Linkin Park:

I personally like Linkin Park. They are a bit strange to classify so I to the moral High Road and gave up. But I agree, they aren't metal. They could be veiwed as nu metal but thats as far as it would go.

I'm a wee bit upset that I missed my chance to join in on the Iron Maiden sing-a-long. I'd have gotten us singing the ENTIRE "Rime of the Anceint Mariner". All 13 minutes of it.
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2009, 02:08:51 pm »

ZZ Top are awesome. That is a fact as absolute as the laws of mathematics.
I dislike linkin park, and any other bunch of rappers who pretend to be a bad metal band.

As for Iron Maiden, they got me into metal, and I listened to them so much I can still remember all of their songs, even the obscure ones like women in uniform.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2009, 07:46:09 pm »

The following spoiler is a shameless plug of the Heavy Metal game Brutal Legend. Feel free to skip it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I got into Metal the same way. I started listening to Ozzy, then Iron Maiden, then Judas Preist, and then i was officially a Metal Head. I wish I could remember all of Iron Maiden's Songs by heart. It would seriously help at school.

We have a game at my school where you go down the alphabet singing lines of songs that start with the current letter(skipping X so the dude that gets stuck with that isn't screwed). So far I am the third best at it. God Damn you letter "Q"!!
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2009, 07:54:23 pm »

When I was in like fifth grade I liked Linkin Park and Nickelback and a lot of other horrible music.  One day I found a band called Emery, which I still like enough to keep on my iPod, but I almost never listen to them.  They were the first band I heard with harsh vocals, and I didn't like it.  I had to force myself to listen to one of their songs with harsh vocals, and acquired the taste that way.  Later I moved on to a bit more metallic but still pretty lame stuff.  I thought The Devil Wears Prada was as metal as it got.  I'm embarrassed to be me.  Then, one day, I heard Slechtvalk.  I immediately fell in love, and from then on I started listening to real metal.  All that other stuff has been purged from my iPod, as painful as it was to get rid of all that music I paid for.  Serves me right for buying music in the Golden Age of Piracy, I guess.
Shoes...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2009, 08:14:31 pm »

For me it was Papa Roach and Sum 41 in grade 8(I never liked music at all until then).
From there to punk, from punk to nu metal, from nu metal to metalcore, from metalcore to viking metal, from viking metal to death metal, and from death metal to black metal and gothic metal, and then back to death metal.
I still like punk(mostly celtic punk), viking metal, death metal, gothic metal, and black metal (Even though for death metal I prefer melodeath.)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2009, 11:05:05 pm »

I just kinda grew up with metal and punk because that's what my mom listened to.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2009, 02:04:34 am »

I just bought Death Magnetic. Metallica only seems to get better with age.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:05:20 am by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2009, 03:36:47 am »

Eh. Linkin Park.  Blah.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20