Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7914 7915 [7916] 7917 7918 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9520552 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118725 on: August 08, 2020, 08:25:37 am »

CK2 uses moslty CPU. Are you sure it recognizes your GPU?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118726 on: August 08, 2020, 11:09:23 am »

It can't create a graphics device
But integrated graphics use the computer's resources. I think the problem might be elsewhere.

Mind you, another possibility is that, if you were using an old pc and barely fulfilling the reqs by default, by using integrated graphics you functionally get less RAM, cpu to drag on for the regular game functions
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118727 on: August 08, 2020, 07:39:04 pm »

I'm just winging it here, but could the graphics that was installed at the time CK2 was installed make any difference? If the nVidia was installed at the time then it could be worth uninstalling and reinstalling CK2 with the Intel graphics active. Could be some settings in CK2 that are telling it to try and render to the now non-existing graphics device.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118728 on: August 09, 2020, 03:39:33 am »

Actually that's a thought. I've set settings globally to use the Nvidia by default. I should probably set that to use the Intel now and see what happens.
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118729 on: August 09, 2020, 03:55:59 pm »

...Aaand before I get the chance to do that we're back to shutting off on reaching the desktop on start.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118730 on: August 09, 2020, 08:21:07 pm »

So, my wife confirmed she thinks on leaving me whenever things get better and she can go, probably back to her mother. She didnt said divorce per se and it could be weeks or months before that  but well, we werent particulary figthing or anything, it was a very civilizated and calm conversation.

Im really a horrible human being, or a pretty great survivalist? Dunno, dont care either.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118731 on: August 10, 2020, 03:33:59 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:51:55 pm by dragdeler »
let

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #118732 on: August 13, 2020, 09:32:41 am »

Just a general feeling of malaise, like winter depression except in the summer. I'm on my vacation but my routine isn't much different, except I have an extra 8 hours to do nothing of use. Sleep schedule is still all over the place, and by the time I get it back into order It'll be time for the 3rd shift again so that's fun. Then there's the whole girl situation, been a month since I heard from her, said she was busy at the time, told her to let me know when she wasn't, she probably forgot and I should get in touch again but it still feels shitty. And of course there's still the whole ordered a bunch of stuff months ago but it's increasingly likely most or all of it isn't coming on time or at all even, for whatever reason. This of course means that I have several models that are halfway done and will remain so because I need paints to finish them and those aren't arriving anytime soon by the looks of it (already over a month late :I )

It's no one single thing, but just a lot of little shitty things it seems, some I can try and rectify and risk making them worse and others are straight up out of my hands and I can only hope for the best I guess. Not sure which is worse :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118733 on: August 14, 2020, 07:04:36 am »

I was gonna say I think my depression is flaring up, but "flaring up" sounds too dramatic and energetic when I just spent most of the last few hours lying on the floor feeling as though some kind of PS1 vampire with weird dress sense sucked out the better part of my life force, with a little bit of lying on an armchair as well to mix things up.   

Did a bit of lying on the floor yesterday, too. Not for nearly as long, though. On the positive side, going anywhere near the carpet in this room used to cause my airways to go pretty much kaput, so I guess the seretide is working. Yaaay, I'm only suffocating figuratively for once.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118734 on: August 14, 2020, 02:03:20 pm »

I just had my cat die in my arms.

I dont know how it happened, but apparently she had a sudden and massive flea infestation that was not there just 2 days ago.  I had not seen her, but she was a cat, and cats are known to play coy. Earlier, I went looking for her.  I found her curled up and in distress underneath one of my bed upstairs, and noted she was just positively FULL of flea residue. (again, she does not go outside, and there were no fleas in the house, so how she got them and got so infested so quickly I have no fucking clue.)

I rushed her downstairs and gave her a wash to get the residue off--- It was like washing out a bloodstain, so much dried blood droplets from the flea activity had been deposited, and washed out.  She had cyanotic gums, and general lethargy.

At first I thought she might pull through, but nope.  Shortly after giving her some food and water, she went into cheyne-stokes breathing, then lost all respiratory and cardiac activity.

I would rule cause of death as acute circulatory collapse due to sudden and profound blood loss from radical parasitism.

I am emotionally not well, but I cannot cry.  I just buried her in the back yard.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118735 on: August 14, 2020, 02:10:24 pm »

While it's not impossible, flea infestations can absolutely be secondary to other issues. Fleas are highly mobile, acting more like predators than like parasites as we normally think of them (eg, attached to one host), and predators target the weak. I have seen sick cats (for determinable unrelated reasons) suddenly become flea targets, and on the flipside it's extremely rare for healthy adult cats to be struck down by fleas alone. I would strongly suspect that there was some underlying reason in this case.

Right, yes, I am also very sorry for your loss. I've been there. I didn't mean to sound callous, I was never really raised to express condolences well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 02:17:18 pm by Maximum Spin »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118736 on: August 14, 2020, 02:12:41 pm »

Man, that's terrible

I'm so sorry wierd

While it's not impossible, flea infestations can absolutely be secondary to other issues. Fleas are highly mobile, acting more like predators than like parasites as we normally think of them (eg, attached to one host), and predators target the weak. I have seen sick cats (for determinable unrelated reasons) suddenly become flea targets, and on the flipside it's extremely rare for healthy adult cats to be struck down by fleas alone. I would strongly suspect that there was some underlying reason in this case.

I have heard about fleas targetting sick animals too
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118737 on: August 14, 2020, 04:05:36 pm »

That's horrifying, and you were going through so much already.  I wish you well in processing... that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118738 on: August 14, 2020, 04:09:38 pm »

I'll be OK in time.

But 2020 can die in a fire.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #118739 on: August 14, 2020, 05:44:05 pm »

Sorry to hear it wierd. It's always hard to lose a pet.
Pages: 1 ... 7914 7915 [7916] 7917 7918 ... 8168