Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7916 7917 [7918] 7919 7920 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9520628 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118755 on: August 18, 2020, 08:06:15 pm »

In Brasil, a 10 year old girl that got pregnant after her uncle raped her, was smuggled into hospital in the back of a trunk of a car.

Brasilian law does allow abortion for rape victims, yet the girl had been stuck in between doctors refusing to help her and anti-abortionists labelling her a criminal.
Initially she was due to get an abortion last saturday, in a hospital at 3h drive from her home village.
But upon arriving there, the doctors refused the procedure, because the pregnancy was past the legal term for abortion (she was more than 22 weeks pregnant).
A hospital in Recife, nearly 2000km from her home, offered to help her anyways, but when she got there, conservative anti-abortionists tried very hard to deny her access to the hospital.
With the help of feminist activists that had rallied against the anti-abortionists, she managed to get into the hospital hidden in the trunk of a car.
Well, at least the rapist uncle has been arrested.

Fuck them conservative christians.  Sadly I am an agnost, or I would have faith that they will burn in hell.

A 10 year old girl will just die giving birth, not to mention that it is inhumane to force a rape victim to carry through a pregnancy.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118756 on: August 18, 2020, 08:36:05 pm »

Let me start by saying the baby didnt have the fault. Also the girl didnt have the fault.

Technically this whole thing should not have happened. I mean the uncle should be castrated with a rusty knife at once. The girl should have had the pregnancy interrupted at once for fucks sake, is not like it was a older girl or a woman regreting the consecuenses of consensual unprotected sex out of lazines.

Rape is one of the few cases Im in favor of abortion if the mother to be so choose, as long is done as quickly as possible, medical rape kits have day after pills to my knowledge. And if the conception has already happenend well, it depends on how long have gone. Willingly waiting 8 months to abort makes you as much as a monster, unless it happens to be something unexpected that puts on risk the life of the mother which is another total valid reason as long is the woman choice (I personally know the case of a woman that refused chemotherapy to finish her pregnancy and died of cancer a few months after the birth)... in general is a pretty spiky issue and my opinions are only that, opinions. This is something that no law can acomplish to cover broadly and in deep.

The only fact here is that poor girl has been for a whole hell without a real need for that, starting for the rape and then a bunch of idiots handling it wrong.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 08:40:39 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118757 on: August 18, 2020, 08:40:57 pm »

The girl didn't find out she was pregnant until it was past the abortion term...

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118758 on: August 18, 2020, 08:43:41 pm »

Which is stupid by itself. In case of a rape a follow up check for this is order! The medics that examinend her should have know better to check if she could get pregnant and then follow up with a check a couple of weeks after. This is gross incompetence in my book.

This is one of those cases were a set on stone weeks line is stupid because she was/they were trying to interrupt the pregnancy from way before.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 08:47:03 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118759 on: August 18, 2020, 08:44:47 pm »

Erm... You do realize that most incest rape situations  (or any child abuse situations for that matter) carry on for years without being reported?
As far as I can tell, the rape only became known after people found out the girl was pregnant, which was discovered because the girl started having abdominal pains.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 08:47:50 pm by martinuzz »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118760 on: August 18, 2020, 08:49:14 pm »

Very sadly yes, however I was under the impresion thing was reported and then latter found out surprise she is also pregnant. At any rate is seems the thing was reported while the pregnancy was still inside the legal terms for an abortion. In that case not interrupting it at once was gross incompetence.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 08:51:32 pm by LordBaal »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118761 on: August 18, 2020, 08:50:25 pm »

I think you guys are in agreement here.

A lot of things should have been handled differently, but weren't. There shouldn't have been a situation where a 10-year old girl somehow made it to late term. There is not a chance in hell that a 10 year old made it to that point and just oops, noone knew.

She was raped, and then frankly abused after that by being forced to bring it to that point. Whoever her guardians were had a responsibility to get her proper care, and they did not. I believe a baby is a baby even before birth but in this case there was an extremely clear threat to the mother's life, and very likely the baby's as well if birth came about. 

The uncle should be tried for rape and first-degree murder.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118762 on: August 18, 2020, 08:57:15 pm »

I think you guys are in agreement here.

A lot of things should have been handled differently, but weren't. There shouldn't have been a situation where a 10-year old girl somehow made it to late term. There is not a chance in hell that a 10 year old made it to that point and just oops, noone knew.

She was raped, and then frankly abused after that by being forced to bring it to that point. Whoever her guardians were had a responsibility to get her proper care, and they did not. I believe a baby is a baby even before birth but in this case there was an extremely clear threat to the mother's life, and very likely the baby's as well if birth came about. 

The uncle should be tried for rape and first-degree murder.
I agree, in this case it should be trialed for the rape of her niece AND the death of his own child at least in second degree.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118763 on: August 18, 2020, 09:21:32 pm »

First-degree murder would be clearly inappropriate unless he impregnated her specifically to get a baby he could kill. I understand why outrageous conduct FEELS like it should be higher-degree, but the definitions really are important! So I think if you are going to charge a murder it should be felony murder, as the death occurred due to the commission of a felony, ie, rape.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118764 on: August 18, 2020, 09:48:38 pm »

There shouldn't have been a situation where a 10-year old girl somehow made it to late term. There is not a chance in hell that a 10 year old made it to that point and just oops, noone knew.

It's not impossible for a 20-ish week pregnancy to go unnoticed, even in a 10-year old.
Sometimes pregnancies only start physically showing pretty late if you don't know what you are looking for.   Also highly dependent on the mother's figure.  10 year olds can be fat and chubby too. 
Extreme obesitas often occurs as a coping mechanism for children that are sexually abused  ('make yourself as unattractive as possible hoping it will end the abuse')

And I don't think a 10 year old would realize that not having monthly periods indicates pregnancy.  Most countries do not start sexual education that young if they do so at all.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 09:51:37 pm by martinuzz »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #118765 on: August 19, 2020, 05:49:26 am »

At twenty two weeks:

Your baby is starting to look more like a newborn than ever, with distinct lips, eyelids and eyebrows, and even tiny tooth buds.
Your little one will also now be able to perceive light and dark better, even though her eyelids are still fused. Her hearing’s improving too: she’ll be able to hear your heartbeat, voice and even the noises of your blood circulating and your stomach gurgling

She was even further along than this. I don't know how many weeks.

Here's a list of ten-year olds who gave birth. A disturbing propensity for this to happen in America.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers#Age_10

It seems that caesarians are much more common, but natural births aren't uncommon either. No indication of the mother dying.

Fuck them conservative christians.  Sadly I am an agnost, or I would have faith that they will burn in hell.

A 10 year old girl will just die giving birth, not to mention that it is inhumane to force a rape victim to carry through a pregnancy.

There are two victims here. The baby and the girl. It is inhumane to force a rape victim to carry through a pregnancy. It is also inhumane to abort a child at twenty two weeks or above, hence the laws restricting it.

I don't know what I'd do were I given the power to decide one path or the other. Either path increases the wrong to one of the victims. I would have to balance the existence of the baby against the well-being of the child.

Edit: Further research suggests that there are dangers associated with pre-teen natural birth, such as lengthened labour and the death of the mother/child. This is a likely explanation for the increased usage of caesarians, which seem to typically come a week before natural birth.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 05:58:19 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118766 on: August 19, 2020, 10:14:27 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:52:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118767 on: August 19, 2020, 10:22:53 am »

You dont have an ankle bitter dont you?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118768 on: August 19, 2020, 10:31:00 am »

I admit that, if I may be allowed to paraphrase, "lol fuck babies" is a novel response to the argument that killing babies is generally bad.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118769 on: August 19, 2020, 10:52:17 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:52:10 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 7916 7917 [7918] 7919 7920 ... 8168