Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7545 7546 [7547] 7548 7549 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9530617 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113190 on: May 27, 2018, 12:39:18 pm »

You must make reparations to your new Queen. Go get them as much sugar and as many dead insects as you can. Loving this anthill is your new life.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113191 on: May 27, 2018, 01:05:18 pm »

Gasoline, Styrofoam, and a match. It must be done.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113192 on: May 27, 2018, 01:54:37 pm »

Bring both flame and sugar. Let your potential future foeants decide which is more to their liking. If it is sugar, there will be great rejoicing. Man and ant will join together in a celebration of life and reconciliation and friendship.

If it is flame...

All will burn. All.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113193 on: May 27, 2018, 07:11:05 pm »

I'm just picturing this same conversation over the Zeebrak Dumbid forums amongst the likes of  Jurjurgk:@&,!, me_WAS_the_WAO!_signal778 and Earthian Martian Hunter about how a bunch of apes on a blue planet on the orion armn distrubed JurJjrgk:@&, and now he's pondering between blowing the planet, hurling it into the start it orbits por bring them the secrets of space travel forma fun just knowing they would never understand.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #113194 on: May 28, 2018, 04:25:07 am »

I was watching an anthill, and mosquitoes started irritating me again. I pulled out a mosquito repellent, started spraying it on myself, missed, and accidentally gassed the anthill. It was out in the wild, even.

The only way I can picture this happening is if you were laying on the ground next to the anthill.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #113195 on: May 28, 2018, 08:44:23 am »

Was driving on the highway this morning. It's a holiday so the roads are relatively empty. There was a bird sitting in the middle of a lane, presumably because it's early in the morning and the birds are out and the roads were empty enough that the bird could sit in the road like an idiot.

I thought it was a rock I could pass over harmlessly until I was too close to avoid it and I saw its little bird eyes. Pretty sure I killed it. :c

First time I've hit an animal while driving. Why would you sit in the road, bird.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113196 on: May 28, 2018, 08:51:50 am »

Was driving on the highway this morning. It's a holiday so the roads are relatively empty. There was a bird sitting in the middle of a lane, presumably because it's early in the morning and the birds are out and the roads were empty enough that the bird could sit in the road like an idiot.

I thought it was a rock I could pass over harmlessly until I was too close to avoid it and I saw its little bird eyes. Pretty sure I killed it. :c

First time I've hit an animal while driving. Why would you sit in the road, bird.
Ouch. At least it was a bird and not a small cat or dog. That would be just tragic.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113197 on: May 28, 2018, 09:04:39 am »

I was watching an anthill, and mosquitoes started irritating me again. I pulled out a mosquito repellent, started spraying it on myself, missed, and accidentally gassed the anthill. It was out in the wild, even.

The only way I can picture this happening is if you were laying on the ground next to the anthill.

Does mosqito spray even have any effect on the ants.

Ouch. At least it was a bird and not a small cat or dog. That would be just tragic.

What if it was an endangered bird?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #113198 on: May 28, 2018, 10:04:25 am »

It was a dove, they're common like pigeons around here.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113199 on: May 28, 2018, 10:15:27 am »

It was a dove, they're common like pigeons around here.
Also dumber than rocks. A dove/pigeon is less likely to move out of the way of an oncoming vehicle than a stone is.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113200 on: May 28, 2018, 10:49:31 pm »

Does mosqito spray even have any effect on the ants.
They began panicking and running around, so I suppose it does.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113201 on: May 29, 2018, 01:02:59 am »

Don't... they just kinda do that anyway, though?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113202 on: May 29, 2018, 01:45:16 am »

Don't... they just kinda do that anyway, though?
They usually follow paths and don't run everywhere, though. Should we make an ant discussion thread?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:52:21 am by KittyTac »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #113203 on: May 29, 2018, 08:51:20 am »

You should.
I would join

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113204 on: May 29, 2018, 10:23:41 am »

I figured it out. As ants navigate primarily using scents, getting sprayed with mosquito repellent would be like blindingly bright strobe lights for ants and would drown out their trails.
Pages: 1 ... 7545 7546 [7547] 7548 7549 ... 8169