Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7452 7453 [7454] 7455 7456 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510502 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111795 on: October 11, 2017, 01:04:50 pm »

EAT THE GODDAMN OREOS.

Oreos aren't vegan, though. They're cross-contaminated with milk.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111796 on: October 11, 2017, 01:18:44 pm »

To help my wife gain weight I cooked/fried every single thing we ate in olive oil and encouraged her to eat lots of junk food.

I think I broke something because one day I caught her eating fruit pebbles and cotton candy with a glass of chocolate milk for breakfast.

She gained weight though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #111797 on: October 11, 2017, 02:48:20 pm »

Ech, can't shake the feeling that i'm wasting my life. Normally, it'd have a grain of truth; i don't do much that qualifies as productive on a normal day, but today of all days actually does qualify for a fairly productive day. Been out walking around and buying groceries, drew an inktober, assisted in making crispbread and spent TWO AND A HALF HOURS texturing a 3D thing for Toribash (woo). I still have the feeling. Maybe i'm just tired after a sub-par night, which would also explain why i get cranky about tiny things. I'm just a bit bothered by the fact that you could, ahead of time and without knowing my plans, make a list of things i'm going to do tomorrow and nail almost all of them. Going through the motions, i guess it's called. I'm tired of it. I'd like to do something new, but i don't know what or where, and i'm always really nervous about doing new things. Hell, a non-terrible job would be a refreshing change of pace, but i'm not sure where to get that either. Eh. I'll probably be fine tomorrow.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111798 on: October 11, 2017, 03:04:54 pm »

Depends on what your definition of time well-spent is.

I would rather spend time with my family than advance financially, which a lot of people use as a bar for success. If I have enough to get by with, I count it as a life win and do things like cook with my family and such. We are not rich, but we are happy.

If you are looking for something new, I recommend picking a storefront/shop you've never been in and just walking on in and inspecting the things they have. Even if you never buy something it's a new experience, there's absolutely no one judging you because that's what stores are for and you may see something that piques further investigation.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111799 on: October 11, 2017, 05:58:27 pm »

Jeez, I'm not exactly sure why this is sad.  It was very cathartic, especially since I read it all.  Wish I didn't have to get so drunk for it, I guess.
I think I know what you mean.
No idea why, but lately my (increasingly infrequent) drinking binges and the resulting silliness seem less, I don't know, endearing to myself - even when they don't cost me a heap of money that I should have kept for other things.
Like weakness, or something. Maybe it's because I've had a taste of being happy whilst sober and now my former need to be drunk as often as possible seems less reasonable.

Or maybe it's just the fact that last time I got properly, (almost) purely drunk I was dressed weirdly and had to make my way home on public transport whilst dozing off and stumbling around, the whole nine yards - first time I've been that messy in a while.
I don't think I express underlying emotions whilst drunk the same way you do, but it would be nice to be better at expressing anything whilst sober.

EAT THE GODDAMN OREOS.

Oreos aren't vegan, though. They're cross-contaminated with milk.
You mean the "made on machinery that also processes milk" warning, or however it's worded?

New Sad: just got woken up by a seriously stressful dream just a brief moment before my alarm went off. I do not feel rested, like, at all.
I've had a couple of good days but today doesn't feel like it's going to be one of them. ...i would love to be proved wrong, of course.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #111800 on: October 11, 2017, 05:59:31 pm »

Depends on what your definition of time well-spent is.

I would rather spend time with my family than advance financially, which a lot of people use as a bar for success. If I have enough to get by with, I count it as a life win and do things like cook with my family and such. We are not rich, but we are happy.

If you are looking for something new, I recommend picking a storefront/shop you've never been in and just walking on in and inspecting the things they have. Even if you never buy something it's a new experience, there's absolutely no one judging you because that's what stores are for and you may see something that piques further investigation.
Generally, i think of time enjoyed as time not wasted. But, the sensible adult inside me is rearing its ugly head; i'm NEET and getting nowhere in life, and while i still enjoy video games, this isn't where i want to stay for the rest of my life. The only reason i'm concerned about finance is that money is a necessity in this society, and i'm not interested in living on my own outside of society. The prime way of getting a stable finance is a job, and i don't qualify for a lot of jobs that aren't soul crushing. The prime way of getting a job that isn't soul crushing is an education, but i don't know what to go for, and i am burnt out on education. I need something i genuinely enjoy if i am to have the slightest hope of sticking with it. I just don't know what that'd be, and i'm having a hard time finding out.

As for your suggestion, that is definitely a possibility, though my dislike of crowds gets a bit in the way here. Also lacking financial power, but that's a separate problem. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #111801 on: October 11, 2017, 07:20:44 pm »

Sounds like you need a break from education. That's fine, just start poking around at things that might be good short-term job prospects that you think could be fun. Think about the things that you enjoy doing and then look to see how you can do those things and make some money off of them. Lots of suggestions for stuff online, as well as lots of various free-lance stuff you can look into.

Also, it might help to see if you can find places that are considered great places to work. Even if the job itself isn't all that interesting sometimes just working with great people can be enough to keep it from the soul-crushing point.

You can also just decide to take a year and focus on making money, soul-crushing or not, and use that time to build up a cushion so you can go back to school or at least quit the job and focus on finding something better without the financial pressure.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111802 on: October 11, 2017, 07:25:42 pm »

Yeah that's good advice too. I got burned out, it is a real thing despite what some people say. I was teaching full-time and going to college, and it was terrible for me even though I was obviously improving my life and others and I had to take a step back.

I got a job at a crappy pizza place that was just enough to get by with and my life improved muchly.

Also yeah you don't have to buy anything. Exploring stores/new places and whatnot is a good way to just get some exposure to new things. That, and just getting out of your usual environment will also contribute to a better state of mind :)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111803 on: October 11, 2017, 07:27:09 pm »

Also, maybe consider some sort of trade school or vocational training. I was on the verge of flunking out of college when I decided to change gears and learn how to drive big rigs instead. Something like 5 years later, I'm still employed and making a half-decent living.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #111804 on: October 11, 2017, 07:44:03 pm »

I've considered stonecutting, but i fear that my limited attention span would get in the way, since one does not simply make exquisite stonework in 30 minutes. Anyhoo, thanks for the responses, guys! Food for thought, this. I'd come up with a more detailed response, but i'm about to go to bed while also feeling like i'd seem ungrateful if i at least didn't acknowledge the responses. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111806 on: October 12, 2017, 06:13:13 pm »

Ech, can't shake the feeling that i'm wasting my life.

A little late to the party (lot of good advice above), but gonna second a few things.

I took a few years off from college to job around, and it was a really valuable few years of my life. I met a lot of good people, and a lot of bad people, and had a good variety of experiences that helped me to learn and grow. Because I worked at a restaurant, I learned how to calm down and communicate with Very Upset People, and had a chance to perform with a band at a few local gigs. I worked at a pet store, and met a guy who changed my life, taught me a ton about myself, introduced me to a ton of cool experiences I never would have had otherwise, and helped me find the inspiration to teach myself creative skills. Because of that jobbing period, I eventually realized I didn't want to complete the degree I was studying for, or live a traditional Climbing the Corporate Ladder life... and that I would rather focus on making my own career in a creative field.

Also... yeah, I think you kinda got to decide the terms on which you want to live your own life, and what makes a day Well Spent. And once you have a sense for that, to pursue that in your life, whenever you can. Sometimes, it's good to take some time to think in a holistic way about what you want out of life (everything, including food, money, shelter, friends, experiences, other things you find fulfilling or important, etc), and chart out paths that bring as many of those things as possible into your life. I know these are kinda vague terms, but these are terms you've got to figure out for yourself.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111807 on: October 12, 2017, 07:42:41 pm »

^I will concur^

This past year was my first living independently.  The job that I'm working is objectively terrible.  But I've still grown more as a person than I did in any one year of schooling.  There are some things that need to be learned by experience.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111808 on: October 12, 2017, 09:17:44 pm »

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-12/arrow-attack-on-pearly-the-pony-prompts-anger-in-darwin/9044642?pfmredir=sm

This really fucks me up.

Fuck. I hope something really fucked up happens to whoever did that. Anyone killing defenceless creatures/people for fun needs "special attention".

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111809 on: October 12, 2017, 11:41:54 pm »

Mother came up to me and told me my dad has been abusing medical marijuana because his depression has gotten so bad years ago. I could smell it on him way back when, but always thought it was the people he was with... Go ahead and fucking crucify me for saying I don't agree with useage of marijuana, but after going through rehab and seeing how bad people can get with just that and booze (and that alone) it can really fuck you up when you hear what people did on stuff that's supposed to be "calming"...

Throw on top of that, my mom telling me if he keeps drinking, she's gonna just up and abandon this house, I'm stuck with the option of move out before shit hits the fan or succumb to the fact I'm gonna be trapped in a house where my sister has no one to control her bad behaviour and the only parent left is plastered.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 7452 7453 [7454] 7455 7456 ... 8168